Cameron Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
3.6

Cameron President, CEO, and Director Jack B. Moore
Jack B. Moore

Pros
  • good leadership; encourages continuous learning and growth; provides opportunity for advancement; good work-life balance; great benefits package (in 11 reviews)

• Stable company with good benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours in my team and unable to get the work/life balance during the length of time I worked there (in 5 reviews)

• Long hours/too much work that could be automated (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Room to Grow

Current Employee - Global Rotational Development Program Trainee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Global Rotational Development Program Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Great benefits package
    2. There are some really great teams to work with
    3. Many opportunities to try something new or to advance into another role
    4. If you are a go-getter you will learn a lot about manufacturing and oil & gas
    5. There are some exciting (hopefully positive) changes occurring in key areas of the business

Cons

1. HR makes it really difficult to hire the right people or get rid of the wrong people
    2. Upper management turns a blind eye to issues in key areas
    3. Management is very top heavy at the moment with many changes in the past months with very shady explanations as to why MORE upper management is needed
    4. Communication is very poor across divisions and even within divisions
    5. Right now the company seems disorganized, there are way to many areas within the divisions and not enough shared services

Truly listen to what your employees tell you, especially the young ones. Invest more on IT because it is illogical that we are using outdated browsers and services. Put more money into your key areas not just for the customers sack but for employees (especially in Wellness). Invest in competence based training and make sure GRDPs managers truly have responsibilities for the roles they are assigned to. Do not punish employees for giving honest feedback.

Mechanical Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Cameron as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Had good mentors to look up to throughout the summer. All the employees were more than willing to help me with my intern projects

Cons

I have no real cons to complain about. I was in OKC and thought i would would be miserable but i was totally wrong. I had a great group of interns that I was able to hangout with on the weekends and after work.

GRDP Intern

Current Employee - GRDP Intern
    Current Employee - GRDP Intern

I have been working at Cameron as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people, decent pay, interesting job

Cons

Disorganized HR, little formal review

Especially for Interns make sure to give a formal review at the end of the internship so that we can take away not only the experience but the next step in how to grow and achieve more.

Progressive, Challenging, Growth-Oriented

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Cameron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very positive thinking, bright individuals. Never did I feel like the smartest person in a room. People are pushing you to become better. Huge opportunities to grow within organization.

Cons

There is not such thing as a 9/80 here folks. It's part of the culture. They are understanding though, and do recognize when there is an emergency. They are pretty flexible.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing Trainee/Field Service Technicin in Laceyville, PA

I worked at Cameron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Oil field services companies have deep pockets so you get company vehicle, good health and insurance benefits and some paid expenses.

Cons

The training program was not structured, basically you are an apprentice and there was no planned progression, no path. You move up if a different position opened and you had the skill for that position. This led to very high turn over, people quit almost every week but it didn't matter much to the company because it really is too big to fail. Overtime hours are great, an average week I worked 80hrs! So not much family time. After being certified in on certain jobs it was concluded that my mentors had to be retrained because they didn't know what they were doing.

Management changed way too many times at Lacyville. If the company hopes to retain more graduates in this program it needs a better structure.

Its okay

Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cameron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big company with good benefits

Cons

not for minorities from asian countries

so so

It is what you make of it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cameron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a decent manager and are entreprenurial in your mindset, you can create opportunities for yourself. You can also network and get to do a lot of different things if you put yourself out there.

Cons

Good ole boys club
    Few minorities (African Americans, Women) in senior leadership
    Poor Core Values
    Lack of recognition and promotional opportunities

Treat all of your employees right... live and lead your core values "in real life"

GRDP Internship

I worked at Cameron as an intern

Pros

They do a good job of taking care of you as far as financially supporting you, and you are treated well at the end of internship presentation.

Cons

There is not consistent communication, and they never got the information to you by the time that they said they would. They can also be flaky as far as implementing your project depending on what location you are placed at.

great company culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cameron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

poor interdepartmental communication; needs to focus more on product research and development

Cameron is a wonderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Billing in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Billing in Houston, TX

I worked at Cameron as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Cameron has great company benefits

Cons

Office culture can be challenging

Management can be very immature