Cameron

www.c-a-m.com

Cameron Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • They promote a good work-life balance and have great benefits packages available(in 10 reviews)

• Great opportunities to move around the company, generous benefits, positive work environment(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours in my team and unable to get the work/life balance during the length of time I worked there(in 5 reviews)

• Long hours/too much work that could be automated(in 8 reviews)

Young Professional

Proposals Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt is very developed and strategy oriented company, its working experience looks very good in your resume. Actually my 1 year working experience in Cameron was a door opening factor for moving for a better opportunity in another company. I could grow within Cameron but decided to my new job opportunity.

ConsPeople and company culture - Due to the global operations there is no chance on having a personal life. You will receive Blackberry and laptop for being available almost 24/7. I found this as a stress factor for my life. Some people would enjoy this rhythm of life, I am not.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck with finding and inviting new people who will be able to be available 24/7. But remember - majority of people must have personal life.

Prefect Intern Program

Finance GRDP (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat workstation, great mentorship, great housing, great periodically activities.

ConsNo one gets direct hiring after the internship.

Job Review

Cost Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Hours and they are willing to work around your schedule

ConsLack of training programs to new employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Right Choice

Engineer III (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood place to learn and grow. They run huge collection of training programs. It is up to an individual to take part and grow.

Consmore responsive and interactive HRs are in need. I guess they should concentrate on it.

Great place to work and grow

ProsCameron encourages employees to grow through training and continuing education

ConsThere is a limit per calendar year for reimbursement $5250. Many schools cost more than this per semester.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may be time to review the policy. The better educated/trained your employees are, the better the organization

decent company

Welder IV (Current Employee) Berwick, LA

ProsSafety is number one, which is great because I care about living

ConsSome people do not take safety seriously, which is a bit annoying

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt a growing well manage company which is a leader on its market

Conssome of the divisions need to be more aggresive in the market place

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees

horhohor

N/A (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsGood Benefits, bonuses, pay but thats it.

Consthey play the favorite system. If you are not one of the good ole boys you won't make it. They also do not follow the procedures. they had not quality on the night shift and rules seemed to change depending on who they were dealing with. I even during the time i was there seen things i would consider raciest things being done b/c someone was not the same color as the boss. I am glad to no longer be working for a company like this.

Advice to Senior Managementyou guys need to go in and clean house at the little rock plant from hr to management. Very unfair place to work and they are raciest.

They pay you enough to distract you from the problems.

Graphic Artist I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthey pay really well with great benefits compared to other local companies

Consdrama drama drama, and politics. In my group I have seen backstabbing, sabotage, sky-high egos, lies, and betrayal. I've learned that people can be extremely defensive and insecure about their position, and everyone else has to walk on egg shells. People are grandfathered into management, and it is usually based on who's been there the longest, not who's most qualified. Little to no soft skills training available.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is a bad apple in a group, don't be afraid to get rid of them because it makes the entire group suffer. Having a problem isn't what makes someone or a group look bad, having a problem and doing nothing to fix it is what makes them look bad. Embrace change, don't sabotage people trying to bring in new ideas.

It is great to be at a company that is innovating... even when change is slow.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLarge company. Committed to excellence as a core priciple.

ConsDisconnected infrastructure creates wasted efforts. Pay is avaergae at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs great as young people are, recruiting folks with a little experience to replace our returing workforce is a good thing... even if it costs slightly more salary budget.

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!