Cameron

Updated August 17, 2014

3.7

Cameron President, CEO, and Director Jack B. Moore
Jack B. Moore

Pros
  • They promote a good work-life balance and have great benefits packages available (in 10 reviews)

• Great opportunities to move around the company, generous benefits, positive work environment (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours in my team and unable to get the work/life balance during the length of time I worked there (in 5 reviews)

• Long hours/too much work that could be automated (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I like the fact you can grow in this company and head any direction, it is such a large organization that you will find something suited to your professional desire.

Cons

Well i think the leadership can take on a much more active role in the mentoring process I see such high mobility in the company that it is important to keep the legacy for the next generation.

Continue to invest in the younger generation

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Houston, TX

Pros

Cameron is a solid company with industry leading reputation. Our products are world class, and are considered by the industry as the best products on the market.

Cons

It seems we are always trying to do more with less. The need to hire competent individuals is greater now than ever before.

Great place.

Pros

Great chances to move up or transfer to different divisions. Trnsfered 3 times in 5 yrs.

Cons

Surface division in Houston has bad and unsafe work practices!!

Dont believe everything you here. See for yourself.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WE'RE cameron.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

"We're Cameron" well describes the sense of pride that a large part of the employees share. The company has large resources and this creates a dynamic and friendly working environment. The values and the strategy are widely cascaded and shared through the organisation. Great training and working opportunity within the company.
    Multicultural and without ethnic barriers.

Cons

The organisational structure can be complicated and difficult to understand. Multiple line of reporting associated to several recent acquisition and function overlapping can sometime be frustrating. Delegation of authority levels are generally very low and this is slowing down the decision making process.

Standardise the organisational model across divisions. Simplify further the decision making and approval process. Enhance a customer oriented culture.

Excellent company with good growth opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Cameron does not feel the need to re-invent the wheel. If something works, they leave it alone.

Very good work/life balance.

Cons

The company is widely disbursed throughout the US and world. You may have to deal with language, culture,, and computer system issues.

Remember what got you here. Trust your people.

Cameron is a large company and thus has several opportunities to move around and it is encouraged.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

The work/life balance is great, time off is very generous, and the company encourages learning through training opportunities, certification programs and tuition assistance.

Cons

compensation is good but several companies offer more

Continue working on making employees happy and the investment will be worth while.

Great outlook

Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Coordinator  in  Vernal, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Coordinator in Vernal, UT

Pros

Good leadership, great focus, good company values, excellent benefits. Good internal promotion potential. There is a lot of room to grow and I like my chances.

Cons

Coorporate intervention, starting from the ground up. I have big ideas but there is a hundred steps to follow in order to do almost anything. I have a long way to go.

Keep profits coming in.

Encouraged to learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Joining the Cameron team is like joining a family. Most people treat their position as a career, not a job. The staff is very knowledgable and willing help when someone needs it.

Cameron goes above and beyond to ensure employee safety. I have seen numerous capital expenditures for improving employee safety.

I cannot speak for all Cameron facilities but from those I have visited, Cameron seems to care enough about its employees to have proper heating and cooling (in the manufacturing sites). In this area, Cameron is fathoms above many of its competitors.

Long hours have been mentioned in other reviews. I have long hours by choice. I like working here so much I will stay late or come in early to accomplish more work.

The benefits are pretty amazing.
    -Health Insurance is awesome
    -Dental is okay.
    -Vision is good.

-Matching 401k(for non-union sites)
       -up to 6% of base pay

Training
       -Lean Six Sigma is provided in-house
          -potential to earn a $1000 bonus
       -Cameron hosts APICS and PMP sessions
       -Employees are encouraged to pursue training of all sorts

Education
    -Cameron has a continuing education program that will provide $5250 towards job related schooling per calendar year

Cons

-There does not seem to be room for upward movement
       -Much of Cameron's management team seems to be a young crowd (many of the senior managers left with packages in 2009)

-It is easier to get hired if you know someone
        -Sometimes it seems people are hired because of who they know, not what they know.

Outstanding place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Human Resources in Houston, TX

Pros

Commitment to people and positive atmosphere

Cons

none that I can think of

Keep up the good work

Cameron is a good company where I had to opportunity to work plus learn, so that I something new to add to my resume.

Former Employee - DFO Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - DFO Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

While working there I not only had the opportunity to learn something new but also had the opportunity to advance to a different position. This company gave me a chance to interact with upper management to learn even more about the company. You had a choice of what time would work for you as far as flex time. We had a choice between 9/80's, 10/40's or 9 to 5 hours, so we could have a day of during the week to take care of personal things.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like is some of there politics as far as change something around in order to boos team buildings. Going outside the box to get the members of your team to do something that they never did before.

Get the littler people more bonuses and some room to move around.

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!