Cameron

Cameron Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Cameron President, CEO, and Director Jack B. Moore

Jack B. Moore

Pros
  • They promote a good work-life balance and have great benefits packages available(in 10 reviews)

• Great opportunities to move around the company, generous benefits, positive work environment(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours in my team and unable to get the work/life balance during the length of time I worked there(in 5 reviews)

• Long hours/too much work that could be automated(in 8 reviews)

Process Engineer

Process Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood exposure to technology, decent training when available.

ConsPoor executive management, constant shift in business goals, poor moral.

IT analyst

ProsLearning opportunities, good working culture

Consnothing to tell specifically. we can get Personal growth like insurance, full free medical checkup

Excellent company with good growth opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCameron does not feel the need to re-invent the wheel. If something works, they leave it alone.

Very good work/life balance.

ConsThe company is widely disbursed throughout the US and world. You may have to deal with language, culture,, and computer system issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what got you here. Trust your people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok Company

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOk company to work for. Benefits are ok. Location is ok. Company's future is unknown. Com

ConsOk company to work for. Benefits are ok. Location is ok. Company's future is unknown. Senior management needs to know what's going on in the different divisions. Lack of direction is obvious

Comedy of Errors

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFor the most part benefits are good but pay it about average. Although there appear to be plenty of opportunities for change and growth navigating it can be complicated and difficult to accomplish.

ConsWorking with HR is extremely difficult, very unresponsive to both current employees and potential employees. Competence and concern does not seem to be a part of the philosophy. Applying through the website is another black hole, matter goes in but nothing ever comes out.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to address the HR issues and stop turning a blind eye to the problems. There are real issues with the length of time it takes for anything that relates to HR to be accomplished. It is truly a big mess.

They have been very accommodating of my desire to be an individual contributor after having been in management.

Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExciting industry, decent pay, training opportunities,

ConsPoor communications from top regarding vision, fractured culture due to so many acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the vision and strategy, demand Cameron culture to be adopted at each of the acquired companies, make Intranet look and feel the same across divisions, adopt engineering change boards, develop a systems engineering approach

Challenging with a well thought of graduate scheme

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

Pros6 month rotations abroad, rotational programme across the company

ConsHR, lack of initial training

Cameron is a large company and thus has several opportunities to move around and it is encouraged.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe work/life balance is great, time off is very generous, and the company encourages learning through training opportunities, certification programs and tuition assistance.

Conscompensation is good but several companies offer more

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working on making employees happy and the investment will be worth while.

HOT MESS

Production (Former Employee)

ProsWork is worthwhile; pay and benefits are good (3 weeks vacation 1st year).

ConsManagers either non communicative; or moody (never know what you will get); no clear design for training or promotion; some travel for training in Houston; others never get the chance; new employees often brought in at higher salary than more skilled/ experienced senior employees in the same job. LONG HOURS

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some sort of continuity; COMMUNICATE with your employees and have a plan in place for training new / changing rolls to your employees, please!!!

Great for fresh graduates

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsTravel and learning opportunity given. Very good work life balance.

ConsInsufficient responsibilities due to over-hiring of personnel. Waiting game in terms of career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccession planning needs to be improved

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!