Camille La Vie

1 Rating

Great part-time job!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Camille La Vie part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The store managers are great! They're easy to approach and the associate work is easy and not stressful at all. Prom season is pretty tough, but with the right group of girls, it's pretty fun! The employee discount is really high and you can use it on top of already discounted items. Also, the store is gorgeous, so you never get too bored, even starring at dresses.

Cons

It is a mall job, so the pay isn't amazing, but for some extra cash, it's a great gig!

Slow to promote

I have been working at Camille La Vie full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great product and selection of formal wear.

Cons

Must work weekends and some nights. Benefits need improvement.

Hands down, best place I have ever worked!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Camille La Vie full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is, by far, the most positive, fun, and motivating atmosphere to work in. Retail has its ups and downs, busy times and... not so busy times. If you are looking for a working environment where you can be surrounded by truly respectful people then this would be the choice for you. During Prom and Homecoming you will work your behind off, you will more than likely have to fix dresses, help guests in the fitting room, maintain proper floor presentation, and yes, even put dresses back on the racks for the next guest to shop in a desirable setting. This is probably not a big deal considering you will be paid to work!
    The store Manager and Assistant Store Manager have been with the Company for a long time, and I have the utmost respect for them. What most sales associates may not be able to clearly see is how much work goes on behind closed doors. I have seen this first hand as I have moved up the management side of the company. There is much more than just un-locking the doors every morning and locking them at night. I have seen a lot from the managers at this store, they spend time on and off the clock developing marketing strategies and ways to drive business, and they give a lot of their time and effort to answer questions from the staff to ensure they are able to grow and improve their knowledge and skills in a retail environment.

Cons

None, re-read the pros again!
    Since there is a 20 word minimum on here I will continue...
    It is retail so that means the mall hours will sometimes conflict with other events you may have going on, however, if you can at least enjoy your job and the company you are surrounded by then that seems to turn the frown upside down don't ya think?

OMFG So awful but helpful if you are a senior in high school

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Camille La Vie part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun staff parties, employee discounts

Cons

There was absolutely no respect given, no adequate training, lack of managment staff communication, managers get all the commission, also I had worked there the longest so I had deserved a manager position but they decided to pay to train a new manager instead of just hiring me because I knew how to do anything, no pay raises, low pay, will keep you in the dressing room fixing dresses for 8 hours or running dresses for 8 hours, a one season store so outside of prom season there will be NO hours constantly sent home early.

current manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Camille La Vie full-time

Pros

company does promote, fun working with formal wear and helping the customers

Cons

Terrible with paying employees, they take advantage of managers and should pay them more for all of the work they put into the stores. District Managers do not train management they are basically on their own

Put money into your staffing you would not have such a fast turn over.

Beautiful product

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Camille La Vie

Pros

Great management, High employee discount, Best prices on formal wear anywhere, wonderful repeat customers, excellent sales and promotions also available to associates.

Cons

Long hours during prom season with many racks of cloths to return to sales floor, Breaks shorter in busy season but management provided food and goodies to make it better.

VIsiting managers acknowledge sales associates along with managers for their hard work. Allow stores to create promotions to help increase sales.

The company was very good and I was proud to be a part of it prior to a change in district management.

I worked at Camille La Vie

Pros

The atmosphere was upbeat and every day was exciting and challenging with a team focused on being the best. We worked together (an individual store) to achieve great results.

Cons

Dictator type district manager who treated managers without respect and did not have the knowledge to run a location alone (acting as a manager). All bonus incentives were eliminated because of financial problems within the company along with a decrease in pay. Extreme pressure to open credit with no motivation. Our location was growing by leaps and bounds but we were not given enough payroll to staff to the needs of the business which placed a huge burden on the team.

Give stores a valid support structure with pro-active leadership, guidance and sincerity (one who can tell the truth, not lies). Corporate management needs to listen to (and hear) the issues in the field, do not ignore them.