Camp Bow Wow

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
4.2

CEO

Pros
  • get to bring your dog to work with you; flexible schedule; working with other people who really care about dogs (in 13 reviews)

• To top it all off, you can bring your dog to work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • there is a lot of cleaning that needs to be done on a daily basis (in 4 reviews)

• Paid minimum wage for a lot of hard work (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work!

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dogs are really great. Coworkers are friendly.

Cons

There's a lot of cleaning which can get boring or tiring.

Lot of hard work, little pay

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow

Pros

Working with dogs. Whats better than that? Employees are nice.

Cons

Paid minimum wage for a lot of hard work

50/50

Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Camp Bow Wow part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dogs. A perpetual stream of them.

Cons

My superior was ill equipped to lead anyone.

Avoid hiring those with familial ties.

Fine minimum wage job

I worked at Camp Bow Wow

Pros

Working with the dogs is fun. The policies from corporate are usually good though follow through is sometimes lacking. There are a variety of task to do during the day so it's never boring.

Cons

There are no benefits. The dogs are not always managements first concern. Some of the policies don't work the way they should.

Such a Rewarding Job!

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You never know what to expect when you walk in the office. It's an exciting, fast-paced environment that keeps you on your toes! There are lots of opportunities for growth and taking on more responsibility.

Cons

None that I can think of - if you like a fast-paced environment and you're passionate about animals then this is a great place to work!

Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Paralegal in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CBW is an incredible place to work. The office has a great culture and everyone is supportive and willing to lend a hand when necessary. Continuing education and training are provided which allows for constant growth and the opportunity to succeed. Everyone has an open door policy so you can feel comfortable reaching out to anyone at anytime. To top it all off, you can bring your dog to work.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons in relation to this company.

Currently working at Camp Bow Wow

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love idea we are able to bring our dogs to work. I've learned so much about the different dogs and the people around them.

Cons

Like any job there are good and bad days. Communications always seems to be an issue for any company, including this one

Listen with ears and with your sight this will tell you about the people working with and for you.

Great people, great organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Camp Bow Wow cares deeply about the well-being of its employees and invests in their growth and success. The service that our Camps provide is something that I truly believe in and that's not something that everyone can say about where they work. Plus, how could you have a bad day when there are dogs in the office?

Cons

You have to be ready for change at any moment!

Happy Healthy Pets! Happy Healthy People! I love working at CBW :)

Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working at CBW going on 7 years (a long time in dog years) and started as a Camp Counselor at the Boulder Camp. I was recruited to work at Houndquarters shortly after starting and spent the last 7 years conducting corporate training, Camp opening training, franchise relations, compliance and business development. As my co-worker shared, companies always claim they recruit from within and provide opportunity for personal growth, but Camp Bow Wow actually lives that promise everyday and I'm living proof. I have been provided so much ongoing education in all facets of business that I feel like I have earned an MBA just short of an actual diploma. Maybe I will call it my DOG Diploma!

I adore my coworkers and our franchisees and would do just about anything for them! I took a short sabbatical in 2011 and had to come back to my pack because I missed everyone so much. There are not a lot of other companies out there with a culture, brand and level of success like ours and I will never take it for granted.

Cons

There are not many cons...maybe I would say that sometimes it can be a bit of a roller coaster due to unanticipated issues/escalations, but that is the nature of the beast in business and particularly franchising. But variety is the spice of life and solving problems is what I specialize in.

Keep on keepin' on. I appreciate the transparency in communication and support our strategic plan and values.

Happy Healthy Pets, Happy Healthy People

Current Employee - Creative
    Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Camp Bow Wow's first priority is the health and happiness of all of our lovable pets! From top to bottom this company cares.

I've been with Camp Bow Wow for over two years, in that time I've seen a dramatic transition from my job to my passion. Everyone I work with is always willing to put their teammate first for the sake of Camp Bow Wow's commitment to pets. There's never a dull day in this industry! I learned fast that when you are dealing with pets anything can happen at anytime. Not only does that keep my job exciting and fun but also challenges my ability to creatively problem solve and be flexible to ever changing circumstances.

At Camp Bow Wow, there are always opportunities to prove yourself through hard work and dedication. Several of my co-workers at the corporate office started in local Camps and have worked their way up to a corporate position. Camp really does a great job of nurturing your passion into a career. I'd recommend Camp Bow Wow to anyone who loves animals and is willing to work for the them!

When you work with people who LOVE animals, for people who LOVE animals it's always evident where your priorities lie. I'm so proud to work for such a fun, exciting and passionate company.

Cons

No cons to speak of!