Campbell Applied Physics

Campbell Applied Physics Reviews

1.0

Robert L. Campbell
1 Rating

Please Pay Your Employees, Robert Campbell!

Former Employee - Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

I worked at Campbell Applied Physics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We did have good compensation, we did have a nice work environment, we did have a great vacation/PTO rate, we had nice co-workers. We had a demo version of a desalination plant that didn't work but everyone got to pretend that it would. Our head engineer was a kid just out of college with no job experience or license.

Cons

We were not paid for the last 5 weeks we worked so walked out. Some of the management had not been paid for 5 months.

We learned that ozone is not healthy for employees or other living things.

It has now been over a year since this went down in November 2012 and we were forced to file with the state. We are still waiting for our money and you are still giving the same excuses, "Waiting for funding." Just pay us! We gave you our time and a huge part of our lives and what do we get? Just threats and more empty promises.

Company Out-of-Business and for Good Reason

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at Campbell Applied Physics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They paid their employees well

Cons

They stopped paying the employees altogether and they had to file with the state for the last 5 weeks pay. They really don't know what they are doing, but want you to think they do.

Please pay your employees - it's not just the nice thing to do, it's the law.

CAP = Capital Always Pursuing (Always Fund Raising, Never Building Anything)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I worked at Campbell Applied Physics as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pleasant environment in a beautiful location. Lovely building and nice people to work with. Strong work ethic among employees. Good paid time off accumulation schedule. Liquid lunches for the principles and the "girls" in the front office. Salaries for secretaries and accountants more than the engineers'. Project managers and engineering techs magically made into engineers. Principals able to take European vacations.

Cons

Funding for business coming exclusively from overseas - paychecks not always regular, then funding ran out and the employees were made to work for over a month without pay before finally walking out. A working demonstration model of the desalination plant was built but bugs in system not worked out. Demo model was a sham. Employees regularly exposed to unsafe ozone levels. Seawater released into sensitive wetland area. No certified or licensed engineers employed. County building and safety codes ignored.

Having "30 years in the desalination business" selling doesn't make you an expert in developing, manufacturing, installing and running a desalination plant.