Campbell Mithun

Add Photos

Steve Wehrenberg

Media Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInterns are treated extremely well - offered tons of learning opportunities and a chance to contribute work immediately. People are Minnesota nice. They look to hire their interns as often as possible.

ConsWork is not always the most thrilling. Agency has a lot of very traditional clients and not much going on in the creative department.

Iconic agency that has lost its way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn on national brands and get an understanding of advertising 101

ConsLacks strong leadership and guidance

Going through change...can be good

Accounts (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsDedicated to turning the agency around after a few tough years. Great group of people. Great work-life balance

ConsClient roster has suffered, so opportunities are a bit less.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep charging ahead.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great office and great people overall. Not a place to build your book as a creative however.

Senior Art Director (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsWe had great benefits, pay and the staff was great to be around. It was a nice place to work but the creative work left a lot to be desired. It was retail heavy and I knew that going in but even within the small box we were allowed to be "creative" in, we always did what the client wanted and never fought for good creative, even if it was a headline.

ConsAbsent creative director, odd office shape which didn't allow for a "center" of the office. No break room to have lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Irvine office is closed now so none of this really matters.

Good way to get experience but that's about it

Broadcast Negotiator/Digital Strategist (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood people to work with, fun environment, a good starter position to get experience

ConsI went over 3 years without a raise and took on more responsibility. The company is tied down by their corporate owner IPG so getting a raise is difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least share with your employees what's REALLY going on with raises if any. Don't drag on an employee 3 years giving false hope.

Great Agency, Conservative Clients

Art Director (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsFantastic Staff, the Creative is top notch and I respected and trusted everyone I worked with.

ConsVery conservative clients, would recommend it as a second job rather than going in entry level. Additionally when I was working there was a lot more Copywriters to Art Directors which put added pressure on me

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Political and overly structured

Chicago, IL

ProsMy peers and benefits were excellent.

ConsSenior management was incompetent yet insisted on involvement in day to day issues

CM is a traditional agency that has made great strides in advancing into new media.

Minneapolis, MN

Prosfun, lively community of employees. downtown minneapolis location. generous time off and benefits package. a variety of clients/media. solid reputation.

Conslack of communication/cross-pollination between departments, rampant "not my job" attitude, creative product lacking fresh new ideas, no formalized training or development for new or existing employees

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to break down silos. compensate or incentify middle and upper managers with for fresh thinking and good ideas. win some new business!

CM is a good, but old-line agency struggling in a new, rapidly changing environment.

Account Management (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

Pros-Overall, nice people.
    -Able to balance work and home life.
    -Clients that want long-term and strategic-based relationships
    -Historically stable financially
    -Need to really screw up to get fired
    -Can keep your job by getting along
    -CEO is trying to make changes

Cons-Old line agency struggling to make it in a new, digital age.
    -Money is distributed based upon seniority and client satisfaction, not product quality
    -A culture of complacency
    -IPG McCann superiors make it financially difficult to invest in important areas like digital and mobile.
    -Need for financial stability make it difficult to change old-line client base

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of dead weight middle and upper middle level managers who don't have drive or vision for their clients or the agency

I was very happy there!

Media (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsMy supervisor allowed me to do my job to the best of my abilities. There wasn't a lot of micromanaging. The folks who worked for me were wonderful and hardworking. My clients were great.

ConsThere wasn't a lot of emphasis put on human resources like training and development. The pay is pretty low until you prove yourself and climb the ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest money and time into all your people (not just the highest level creatives), they are your only resource, they are your "widget". You will see amazing results.

Worked for Campbell Mithun? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Campbell Mithun reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Campbell Mithun CEO Steve Wehrenberg. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Campbell Mithun employees.