Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Campbell Soup President and CEO Denise Morrison

Denise Morrison

Pros
  • One can achieve a fairly good work/life balance in most departments(in 17 reviews)

• Great people who take pride in doing good work(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • formal training can be hard to come by(in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less(in 3 reviews)

Greedy, not family oriented at Paris, TX plant.

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Paris, TX

ProsGood pay. Safe working conditions most of the time

ConsWork 7 days per week, 8 to 12 hours per day with few days off in the sauce plant. Very stressful and hot temps in the summer. Chaotic planning from management. Too much control from supervision and management trying to make a name for themselves .

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what employees are saying instead of supervision because they will deceive you . They make a lot of bad political decisions and make paperwork look good etc.

Great, but lots of work!

Lab Technician (Former Employee)

ProsReceived good pay and was trained to perform all duties.

ConsAlways worked over-time and had to rotate shifts. Lots of grumpy people.

Has never been able to become a true global player due to it's risk adverse culture

Director (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

ProsEmployees are very well compensated for the work they perform. One can achieve a fairly good work/life balance in most departments.

ConsCompany too focused on protection of current cash flow and dividend at the expense of making the necessary investments to become a true global player. Organization structure is much too top heavy resulting in behavior to just survive as opposed to taking the necessary risks to promote growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs opposed to doing blanket percentage cuts across the organization initiate a true process review on a department by department basis to determine a better way to streamline the organization. This needs to be done in an objective manner and not be left to the department heads. Maybe a real COO is the answer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family-based company with a many good qualities.

Intern (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

ProsBenefits are usually very good, they allow for an open environment to work and discuss with your coworkers and the culture is generally very friendly. Also, there is quite a bit a diversity in age groups and gender.

ConsThere is not much racial diversity among the employees and sometimes the upper management is too personal. Although you will enjoy how personal they are, sometimes they call for meetings that could have easily been conducted over the phone or through email, making work less efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more efficient ways to communicate needs to other employees.

Electronics Technician

Electronics Tech (Former Employee) Paris, TX

ProsWorking Conditions, Fairness.......... Wages and Benefits.

ConsNo Problems , Great Place To Work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

My experience was very positive

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

ProsThe people and a cultural

ConsAt times, the politics were overbearing

Advice to Senior ManagementAuthentically connect with your people the way Doug Conant did...

Good company to work for because people there are hard workers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople in the organization are dedicated to their roles and accomplishing their assignments. As a contractor, I saw a level of dedication unprecedented elsewhere. Great work-life balance program as work from home and taking care of self is encouraged. Supportive during times of personal need.

ConsAs the company makes adjustments to meet changing business landscapes it has meant more work with fewer resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider modifying work load to match resource availability to reduce risk of burn out and stress.

Overall Minimal Complaints

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Great team of people: very intelligent, great pedigree
     - Had the opportunity to learn and grow
     - Worked very hard and was rewarded with recognition and promotions

Cons- Meeting culture: Expect to be booked from morning till evening. I brought work home with me and worked very long hours outside of the office
     - Lack of decision making: They are trying to change this, but this is a cultural issue and will take time
     - Reorganizations annually, if not more.... difficult to get traction

Advice to Senior ManagementSet the course and stay on it. Whether it be DAI, Engagement, whatever the new process or policy or innovation.... stick to something and see if it actually works.

Excellent place to work.

Team Leader (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsCampbell soup Co was the best employer i ever had regarding company values,customer service.
    Best heath plan.

ConsUnion envornment was the main reason why this Plant was closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote employee within each department 4 years intern programs will result in better Manager.

Great place to intern

R&D Co-Op (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

ProsThey give their interns a lot of responsibility. Campbell's is very diverse so you can learn development on a wide range of products. They have a great Co-Op program and I highly recommend it. They help the interns with moving expenses and give a monthly stipend for living.

ConsNot in the best location. Experience can be very dependent on the boss you're place with during the Co-Op. As in every work place there's a lot of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent experience among members.

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!