Campbell University

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Adjunct experience

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
    Buies Creek, NC

ProsOther faculty members genuinely care about and engage with students. The university also regularly reinvests in campus infrastructure and into growing flagship programs.

ConsIT infrastructure is lagging - but also actively under renovation. Academic programs that are not high-profile seem to lag visibly behind other departments in facility quality and budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep lower profile departments' facilities more current. Also pay closer attention to how well some of the courses match with the university's stated values. I have kids attending Campbell, and am glad they are enrolled there - still, they do bring home some interesting stories about content from CUFS and CUW courses.

Good Place to work, low on pay

Telecom (Current Employee)
    Buies Creek, NC

Prosgreat benefits, good management, lots of overtime opportunity, free tuition for you and your family, decent retirement plan

Conslow hourly pay, students are catered so much that its hard to do your job at times, training and outside classes are hard to get approved

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is supportive and does their best to take care of you.

Beware

Manager (Former Employee)
    Morrisville, NC

ProsWorking with professional staff who become a team for the betterment of the university. Having a faculty that has the knowledge and experience to provide students with tools they need to become a success.

ConsNo follow through from management on promises to provide staff means for making campus a better place to work and provide students with vital resources needed to complete coursework.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff who deals with situations daily. Stop having agendas against certain ideas.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mejjjmm

Instructor (Former Employee)
    Buies Creek, NC

Prossmall, homey college, friendly staff and students; I taught there for several years an an adjunct. Like most universities they are getting cheaper and cheaper in regard to paying their faculty. All the money is going to fancy new amenties for undergraduates.

Consbelow-average pay, remote location. This university is really in the middle of nowhere, Harnett County, NC. The students range from excellent to,mostly, mediocre and those who could not get accepted to any good state universities.

Always beware no matter how many good things you are doing.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Buies Creek, NC

ProsThere are none to list. The blind seem to be leading the blind. There is no continuity within the management ranks. Everyone with a position has an agenda.

ConsDon't have enough years left to list them all! however, a few are poor leadership, nepotism, good ole boy system, cronyism, etc. you should be getting the picture. There is absolutely no support for those who produce the day to day operational needs of this university.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everyone and start over. The pay scale is nowhere near what other universities offer. Alumni are treated with disrespect unless they are large donors. This university needs a facelift in the worst way. I would never recommend Campbell University to anyone, ever.

Small Town Feel at Division I School

Athletics (Former Employee)
    Buies Creek, NC

ProsThe people that work at the school are excellent and some of the best that I have been around. Everyone is also very friendly and tries to be helpful. The facilities have been undergoing a major upgrade over the last five years.

ConsIt is located in a very small town without access to stores, restaurants or much nearby culture. It is just the way the school is set up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the people you hire do their jobs and don't micromanage. Plenty of good and competent people work at the school that just need a little guidance and need to be left on their own.

Not so great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat vacation, sick leave, and 401K. Faculty genuinley cares about students. Great staff members.

ConsVery little pay raises - if you do get one, it's 1% of your gross annual salary - which a lot of times does not even equate to a gallon of gas or milk! If you're a salaried employee, plan on working 45-60 hours a week. It will not be an option; instead you will be told to 'do what you have to do to get the work done' attitude. Trust me, when you meet the students, you will do anything to help them, they are great.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises to those employees who go above and beyond in their positions. Don't give raises to employees who do not. If there is a management issue within a department, listen to the employees. When there is a great turn over in employees within one department; that should tell you there is a problem. Stop shrugging the problem off and address it. You are losing dedicated, caring, devoted employees from this behavior. Not every person is made to be able to relate to young adults... if you have the staff that is able to then value them and listen to them.

It was good.

ProsOn campus jobs and flexibility at work

ConsPay less and no promotions

Like a private university should be?

ProsCertain staff members are supportive, which makes it a positive environment to work with. Stress level isn't too high.

ConsJob politics can be complicated; need to be connected to people to get to 'higher place'.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say and say what you do. More transparency.

Worked for Campbell University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Campbell University reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Campbell University employees.