Camping World Inc Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Marcus A. Lemonis

Pros
  • Good benifits, employee discounts are generous, and has a blend of a relaxed retail job and a challanging career (in 7 reviews)

• Hours are great,Customers are good people that enjoy what they are doing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are three separate entities within one building with no communication among the managers (in 4 reviews)

• As for quality of customer service -- forget about it (in 3 reviews)

retail sales

Current Employee - Retail Sales
    Current Employee - Retail Sales

I have been working at Camping World Inc

Pros

fun job, if you love the camping industry

Cons

weekends are a must, need time with family

2. Business Mananger

I worked at Camping World Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work. 9 to 6, 5 days a week..Great and friendly for the customers and the employees.

Cons

No help from upper management, sell product and make money if not will be looking for a new job in the future.

Great place to work

I have been working at Camping World Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and people make this company an excellent place to work. Further, their willingness to hear and incorporate new ideas is something that will position Camping World for long term success.

Cons

So far, I can't say anything regarding cons. There might be a lack of process in some areas, but nothing that causes issues. I think corporate culture and dealership culture are different -- from a corporate perspective things are great, but it seems like some employees clash with dealership culture.

Advice to Management

Continue being responsive and creative. The company is doing a great job making employees feel appreciated. The biggest charge to management is to make sure employees at the ground level feel just as appreciated as employees at the corporate level.

5. retail sales

I have been working at Camping World Inc full-time

Pros

Great company to work for lots of growth and training to develop and continue your education in the company

Cons

some months you make less money than others Doing a hourly & commission job

Advice to Management

Encourage your employees to grow within the company. It's all about how you treat people

Marcus your 3 ps are broken

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Camping World Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After 4 years I can tell you the best part of working for camping world is the end of your shift Or your 2 days off.

Cons

Unless you are in the clique you are treated like dirt no matter how hard you work no matter how good your are at your position you are nothing. If you dare complain to their HR department you will be in a living hell for your duration or until they can make some trumpet up bs to fire you. Membership sells are ridiculous the goals are ridiculous and even if you can meet the goal by pressuring our poor customers your pay out is little. We are expected to cashier, unload the truck put away everything from the truck help on the sales floor while running back to register to pressure customers to buy a good sam or roadside or credit card or whatever then run back to do freight face and clean store while being treated like dirt. Management is a complete joke from not knowing how to write a simple schedule to letting his store fall apart as long as his favorite employees are happy he is happy. Seriously !

Advice to Management

Wake up Marcus!! you preach on you tv show people product process you make me laugh your own company is broken in all 3 ps !! The outside world watches your show and thinks how wonderful you are. We watch and know what a joke it is. You have lost sight of your company and your people for the camera. Marcus clean house and start from the top go to every store and talk to the employees the ground floor hard workers not the managers the real workers.

7. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Driver in Kaysville, UT
    Current Employee - Driver in Kaysville, UT

I have been working at Camping World Inc (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hour's & co worker's,I enjoy the environment and the costumers we get coming in.

Cons

Can be stressful,same as other jobs out there, I enjoy working longer hour's,wish I had more.

The worst place you will ever work

I worked at Camping World Inc

Pros

The only "pros" to the job is the pay check, even if it feels like pennies compared to all the hours you will work on salary.

Cons

Literally everything. Benefits are horrible, the CEO is to busy with his new television show to care about the business, management would be better off if they were intoxicated monkeys. Customers are treated like garbage until they start to complain, and once they start complaining everything is given to them at no cost. Upper management doesn't care at all about store level employees. You will be worked until Camping World takes your soul and finally realize you are better off working for Satan.

Advice to Management

Stop caring about your television show are start taking care of your employees, because soon they will all realize how horrible your company actually is and leave you in the dust. Also stop looking at your store management and look at your regional management because you have some issues there.

fast paced environment

Former Employee - Sales in Colfax, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Colfax, NC

I worked at Camping World Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very fast paced from March through October and always something to do. Enjoy making life long friends not only with employees but also the customer base who you will find to be a unique entity and come in often.

Cons

The winter is really slow so you better make your money during the peak camping season and beach season. Low salary but make up with commission. Benefits are middle of the road and nothing spectacular.

Advice to Management

Be precise in your goals and expectations, stick with them and don't flip flop on a daily basis. There are just too many chiefs and not enough Indians

10. Store Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

I worked at Camping World Inc (More than a year)

Pros

For Retail the hours were good, not opened past 7PM,Sat closed at 5PM

Cons

Not enough help having to do the job of 3 people

Advice to Management

Hire more staff

11. Lucrative, owner is self absorbed

I worked at Camping World Inc

Pros

can be lucrative, lots of inventory to sell

Cons

CEO is awful human being

RSS Feed </> Embed