Campus Crest

Campus Crest Co-Chairman and CEO Ted W. Rollins

Ted W. Rollins

Working with Campus Crest as a Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat place to work with a lot of growth and positive things happening. Everyone is very professional, mindful of their co-workers and responsive to inter office issues. The year over year growth and profitability of the company is simply phenomenal. Campus Crest will surely be the largest student housing REIT in another couple of years. They are on track for explosive growth. Leadership has vision. The culture is fun and fast paced. They have a lot of heart and give to charity frequently. The compensation package is decent and the health and retirement benefits are very competitive.

ConsWe live in a rogue state of persistent neuroses. Campus Crest is a great company that is growing and provides excellent returns for investors. There is no company that is perfect in every way, and not all employees are going to be 100% satisfied. Some managers are learning their jobs as they go along. Sometimes, there isn't a script or a crystal clear way forward. Upper management could infuse a little more confidence in their middle managers. But at the end of the day, the basic values of the culture are rock solid and they offer terrific perks. It's a fun place to work. They have a solo cup as a mascot. C'mon people! Would you rather work at Walmart?

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhancement of processes and more comprehensive training would be great. A little more confidence in your middle management team would be better. Overall I have to give this company 5 stars for the simple fact that they are making it happen in a fun and face paced way.

Real opportunities for those that deliver results...not excuses!

ProsAwesome place to be for goal oriented and customer focused individuals. The culture is unique and fun and the right place for team players. The company core values drive decision making and foster professional and personal accountability. Employee services and benefits are top rate.

ConsLike most newer organizations on a fast trajectory the pace is fast and not for everyone. For the right individual that wants to be a part of making it happen, can bring ideas to the table, work hard, and find reward not entitlement...Campus Crest is the place for you. Those that are looking to hide or skate should look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving!

A Career Builder

Management (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCampus Crest has a very welcoming and captivating culture. Although recognized by wall street as one of the largest student housing enterprises with over 700+ employees once you walk in their doors you're family. A family where all are working toward an overall objective of growth and success , individually and as a team.

ConsAs with any achievement in life, hard work is required. This logic is no different at Campus Crest, therefore long hours are often needed, dedication is mandatory but in most successful organization this criteria is necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an employee champion. Celebrate your teams; they are the ones that are doing the heavy lifting. You may have provided leadership, but they executed for you. Continue expanding the companies inner core departments so that workloads are evenly distributed for a successful work/life balance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible business plan.

Maintenance (Former Employee)

ProsProperty level management is great! I felt like we all cared.

ConsArea managers are clueless. No sense of urgency to get things done at the corporate level. Properties are poorly constructed and hard to maintain.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better plan or your company will fail.

Campus Crest-Endless Opportunities

ProsAbility to grow professionally within a dynamic organization in a rapidly growing industry. The company sees opportunities and makes them happen. Promotion from within very common. Some of my colleagues are some of the nicest people I know and I've become friends with them. Many perks such as one week off at the Holidays (not taken from PTO); monthly catered lunches w/door prizes, birthday parties & gifts for each employee, great health benefits, in-house gym, free exercise classes, development workshops, training, and more.....

ConsSince the pace is fast, you have to be able to keep up. Change is constant, so flexibility is necessary. Long hours at times when needed. Cramped work space due to phenomenal growth....working on building out new space though. Company is growing so rapidly....lack of connection between departments...need more team- building interaction.... Although listed as "cons" these are things the company can easily overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to keep employees engaged! Communication is Key!! Publishing a monthly newsletter to employees would be a great way to keep everyone apprised of what is happening in the company. Everything from reporting new projects, company plans, professional and personal milestones, etc...would be interesting for all to read. Please consider additional PTO for employees as well as offering a stock purchase program. We need more team-building with corporate office employees. This has gotten better over the years, but could be great! Everyone has a vested interest in the company, so these suggestions would help to further solidify a great group of people!

Great opportunity to grow and develop

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSenior management cares about their employees and their development. The company's core values are strong and really promote positive outreach within the company and society. Each role has its own vast amount of responsibilities, but if one has a plucky attitude, the education and subsequent skills that result are worthy of the effort.

ConsTypically, there is a heavy workload, so it may often being challenging for some. The time commitment is greater than your average corporate job, with nights and weekends often needed to complete responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpanding the employee base could help lessen the stress and over-extension of current employees.

Great Job While In School

Community Assistant (Former Employee) Fort Collins, CO

Pros- You live where you work
    - Meet lots of great people
    - Management cares about each employee
    - Opportunities for full-time career
    - Community involvment
    - Socially responsible
    - Environmentally aware

Cons-High expectations for the leasing staff at the Grove in Fort Collins

Advice to Senior Management-Access to property General manager could be more.
    - I liked the visibility of corporate staff in the field - Keep it up
    - Keep up the great sales competitions with awesome prizes.

Good, but dishonest

Community Assistant (Former Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsI loved working here because the atmosphere was great, the ethic was great, and promotions were awesome. Worked with my schedule and paid me well. They paid for my rent and gave me commission.

ConsManagement was dishonest and other coworkers were rude. Although my rent was paid, they didn't pay me enough to live off of. I would've had to hold two jobs in order to pay for my cost of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay, even for low ranked workers. Check in on branches of your properties, and give a gateway for workers to speak with upper management directly.

A company that cares about their employees growth and well being

Administrative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat experiences, work with very smart, motivated professionals who are constantly trying to make themselves better. People care about their jobs and performing well. You will grow exponentially as compared to other organizations

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge, but that seems to be the case at most organizations now. Fortunately, CCG cares and is working diligently to help employees balance their lives.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great company to work for overall; management is forward-thinking.

Construction (Current Employee) Abilene, TX

ProsGreat benefits.
    Managers listen to employees' ideas.

ConsFast-paced so may have to be flexible with weekends to meet construction deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being open to the ones in the trenches. Thanks for your bigger picture view.

Worked for Campus Crest? Contribute to the Community!