Campus Crest

Ted W. Rollins

Community Assistant

Current Employee - Community Assistant in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Community Assistant in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Campus Crest part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can build a great relationship with the residents, plan events, and have so many opportunities to make money! You also have area managers that really reach out to you if you express you need it and sometimes even if you don't!

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you're ALWAYS working because you're required to live at the site, so it's like you can never get away. It's worth everything in the end though!

Show more value to the lowest on the totem pole. We're working so hard for you to notice us and it makes us feel good when we're reached out to from people besides our community managers.

Not for the weak.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Campus Crest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being on the leasing end of these properties is hard work. You need dedication and smarts. If you're looking for an easy job, look elsewhere and good luck. No job is easy. These property teams are dedicated and work around the clock to complete their tasks and satisfy ther residents to the best of their ability. If you're competent and organized, this is the place to work. Those who complain about the company are the under performers. The CEO, upper management, and property staff are amazing. You always receive an answer. It may not be the answer you want, but you have to realize that this is a huge company and positions are disposable as in any other job. Hard decisions are made every day and will not always be in your favor. Work hard, invest in yourself and your team and become an asset to the company. You'll love your job and create your own job stability.

Cons

It's not a job for the weak or lazy. You have to work hard and exceed expectations to advance. No one is going to hold your hand and babysit.

Remember the property level employees and how hard they work. They may be paid less than desired, so make the job worth it in other ways. You can keep you're staff happy without having to give them a raise.

Real opportunities for those that deliver results...not excuses!

I have been working at Campus Crest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome place to be for goal oriented and customer focused individuals. The culture is unique and fun and the right place for team players. The company core values drive decision making and foster professional and personal accountability. Employee services and benefits are top rate.

Cons

Like most newer organizations on a fast trajectory the pace is fast and not for everyone. For the right individual that wants to be a part of making it happen, can bring ideas to the table, work hard, and find reward not entitlement...Campus Crest is the place for you. Those that are looking to hide or skate should look elsewhere.

Keep evolving!

Working with Campus Crest as a Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Campus Crest as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with a lot of growth and positive things happening. Everyone is very professional, mindful of their co-workers and responsive to inter office issues. The year over year growth and profitability of the company is simply phenomenal. Campus Crest will surely be the largest student housing REIT in another couple of years. They are on track for explosive growth. Leadership has vision. The culture is fun and fast paced. They have a lot of heart and give to charity frequently. The compensation package is decent and the health and retirement benefits are very competitive.

Cons

We live in a rogue state of persistent neuroses. Campus Crest is a great company that is growing and provides excellent returns for investors. There is no company that is perfect in every way, and not all employees are going to be 100% satisfied. Some managers are learning their jobs as they go along. Sometimes, there isn't a script or a crystal clear way forward. Upper management could infuse a little more confidence in their middle managers. But at the end of the day, the basic values of the culture are rock solid and they offer terrific perks. It's a fun place to work. They have a solo cup as a mascot. C'mon people! Would you rather work at Walmart?

Enhancement of processes and more comprehensive training would be great. A little more confidence in your middle management team would be better. Overall I have to give this company 5 stars for the simple fact that they are making it happen in a fun and face paced way.

A Career Builder

Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Campus Crest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Campus Crest has a very welcoming and captivating culture. Although recognized by wall street as one of the largest student housing enterprises with over 700+ employees once you walk in their doors you're family. A family where all are working toward an overall objective of growth and success , individually and as a team.

Cons

As with any achievement in life, hard work is required. This logic is no different at Campus Crest, therefore long hours are often needed, dedication is mandatory but in most successful organization this criteria is necessary.

Be an employee champion. Celebrate your teams; they are the ones that are doing the heavy lifting. You may have provided leadership, but they executed for you. Continue expanding the companies inner core departments so that workloads are evenly distributed for a successful work/life balance.

Campus Crest-Endless Opportunities

I have been working at Campus Crest full-time

Pros

Ability to grow professionally within a dynamic organization in a rapidly growing industry. The company sees opportunities and makes them happen. Promotion from within very common. Some of my colleagues are some of the nicest people I know and I've become friends with them. Many perks such as one week off at the Holidays (not taken from PTO); monthly catered lunches w/door prizes, birthday parties & gifts for each employee, great health benefits, in-house gym, free exercise classes, development workshops, training, and more.....

Cons

Since the pace is fast, you have to be able to keep up. Change is constant, so flexibility is necessary. Long hours at times when needed. Cramped work space due to phenomenal growth....working on building out new space though. Company is growing so rapidly....lack of connection between departments...need more team- building interaction.... Although listed as "cons" these are things the company can easily overcome.

Please continue to keep employees engaged! Communication is Key!! Publishing a monthly newsletter to employees would be a great way to keep everyone apprised of what is happening in the company. Everything from reporting new projects, company plans, professional and personal milestones, etc...would be interesting for all to read. Please consider additional PTO for employees as well as offering a stock purchase program. We need more team-building with corporate office employees. This has gotten better over the years, but could be great! Everyone has a vested interest in the company, so these suggestions would help to further solidify a great group of people!

Great opportunity to grow and develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Campus Crest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior management cares about their employees and their development. The company's core values are strong and really promote positive outreach within the company and society. Each role has its own vast amount of responsibilities, but if one has a plucky attitude, the education and subsequent skills that result are worthy of the effort.

Cons

Typically, there is a heavy workload, so it may often being challenging for some. The time commitment is greater than your average corporate job, with nights and weekends often needed to complete responsibilities.

Expanding the employee base could help lessen the stress and over-extension of current employees.

Great Job While In School

Former Employee - Community Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Community Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Campus Crest part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- You live where you work
    - Meet lots of great people
    - Management cares about each employee
    - Opportunities for full-time career
    - Community involvment
    - Socially responsible
    - Environmentally aware

Cons

-High expectations for the leasing staff at the Grove in Fort Collins

-Access to property General manager could be more.
    - I liked the visibility of corporate staff in the field - Keep it up
    - Keep up the great sales competitions with awesome prizes.

Good, but dishonest

Former Employee - Community Assistant in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Community Assistant in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Campus Crest part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working here because the atmosphere was great, the ethic was great, and promotions were awesome. Worked with my schedule and paid me well. They paid for my rent and gave me commission.

Cons

Management was dishonest and other coworkers were rude. Although my rent was paid, they didn't pay me enough to live off of. I would've had to hold two jobs in order to pay for my cost of living.

Better pay, even for low ranked workers. Check in on branches of your properties, and give a gateway for workers to speak with upper management directly.

A company that cares about their employees growth and well being

Former Employee - Administrative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Campus Crest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experiences, work with very smart, motivated professionals who are constantly trying to make themselves better. People care about their jobs and performing well. You will grow exponentially as compared to other organizations

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge, but that seems to be the case at most organizations now. Fortunately, CCG cares and is working diligently to help employees balance their lives.

Keep up the good work!