Camris International

Updated September 24, 2014
5.0

Dr. Laurence Day
1 Rating

CAMRIS is a great place to intern

Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Camris International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

CAMRIS International offers a professional, friendly office environment where interns have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of exciting tasks. As the Business Development Intern, I gained in-depth knowledge of the process to obtain USAID contracts for international development projects across the world. Unlike larger international development research firms, the company’s tight knit atmosphere and open door policy allows interns to interact with staff at all levels of the company, take initiative and seize opportunities that contribute to their personal growth and professional development interests. I was always encouraged to attend internal and external meetings, ask questions and voice my opinions. In comparison to the four other internships I have completed, I can confidently say that CAMRIS offers all the important elements that make an internship great.

Cons

Business development is important for any international development company or NGO, but some individuals may be happier contributing to current programs rather than potential opportunities.

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Camris International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer great health insurance for a great price and they invest a lot in your 401K without any matching.

Cons

I have nothing to say here.

CAMRIS is an outstanding place to work

Current Employee - Program Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Program Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Camris International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CAMRIS International is a dynamic and ambitious international development and research firm. It is much more agile than most international development and research firms, and does not constrain Program Associates (PAs) to one specific practice area, country, or region. This allows PAs to complete high quality work while challenging themselves and achieving their professional development goals. PAs at CAMRIS are subsequently highly engaged, passionate, and committed to their work and the firm.

Overall, CAMRIS is an outstanding place to work and grow as a professional and individual. It has the right mix of senior executives, mid-level managers, and junior staff which generates unique mentorship and professional development opportunities. CAMRIS has a family feeling unlike international development and research firm juggernauts where one often does not know his/her co-workers in a different department. Every member of the CAMRIS team is approachable, responsive, and maintains a genuine open door policy, including the President and CFO. I am very proud to be a member of the CAMRIS team.

Cons

CAMRIS can be challenging for individuals that crave a highly structured environment with strict standard operating procedures and self contained departments.

Keep up the great work. Your accessibility and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.