Canad Inns Reviews

2.7

Leo Ledohowski

Tavern United Server

Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Supervisor  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Supervisor in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at Canad Inns part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Meeting great people, relaxed environment, fun job and people

Cons

Often little organization, terrible consistency with quality of food, management does not get compensated properly which makes them feel unappreciated and reflects on the poor quality of people management skills. Corporate does not care to hear what the lower employees have to say about their customer experiences and what can be done to improve customer satisfaction.

Listen to your hourly paid employees as to how customer satisfaction can improve. It has become more about the money coming in than about customer satisfaction. The problem is, you are losing more and more customers because of this mentality. You are gaining the wrong type of reputation in your restaurants.

inconsistent with spoken words and actual actions from management and higher up

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  Grand Forks, ND
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Grand Forks, ND

I worked at Canad Inns full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly coworkers. Worked with your school schedule.

Cons

management would never follow through with even simple promises. it was very hard to keep employees because of this. 40 of us quit the same month because we were so tired of the inconsistencies. In the 14 months I worked there, I had 4 separate managers because they were all let go. The entire establishment was run quite poorly.

I learned a lot when it comes to customer service

Former Employee - Banquet Server
    Former Employee - Banquet Server

I worked at Canad Inns part-time for more than a year

Pros

Food on break
    Nice people
    Sometimes shifts are slack

Cons

Management is unorganized and get too emotional
    Management goes on power trips

You should keep an eye on most of your employees, management and make sure they're not doing things they shouldn't be doing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

I have been working at Canad Inns

Pros

they allow for meal deductions for all of the kitchen staff and it is a very fun place to work

Cons

they will only pay kitchen staff minimum wage and are often short staffed becouse of unbalance labour working budgets for the kitchen.

more benefits for employees that are students and to make scheduling for students very flexible and to visit locations more often

Not worth my time, and what they present is not the reality.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at Canad Inns

Pros

If you are first starting out in any type of position, good exposure to what shouldnt be done and how not to do business.

Cons

The corporate office and general management staff are very un-qualified. Many do not know proper procedures and laws, and thus create a negative working environment.

More in depth and international training. Lose the ego, and learn how to communicate effectively.

great career start place

I worked at Canad Inns

Pros

great place to get start the career, nice people around, work hard and play fun, supportive co-workers, open door policy

Cons

sometimes involve a lot of overtime, may not work/ life balance, the pay is below the average of the industry,

need to pay much attention to employees' compensation, although the hospitality industry has high turn over rate, put more effort

Worked for Canad Inns? Contribute to the Community!