Canada Bread Company

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard A. Lan

Barely evolved in the last 25 years...

Clerk (Current Employee) Laval, QC (Canada)

ProsThe salary is good for the work that is done. Stable company with a strong union. Coworkers are usually competent.

ConsThe problems have basically been the same every single day for the last 10 years and no supervisor are interested to put any energy to find a suitable long term solution.

Financial Analyst

Prosgreat team work. Great Solidarity

ConsManagement don't give any motivation to team to improve themselves. don't give any opportunities to grow.Don't respect them. Definitively not a good experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fired people who have the knowledge of the company and adequate skills mostly when people who stay don't have the knowledge to continue working on the business.

Disappointing

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Benefits and working location.

ConsInefficient, ineffective management, poor equipment and resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed improvement on motivation and direction.. Very unsupportive of rank and file and were very reluctant to improve processes and make the job easier. Used the demands of business to leave staff waiting for improvements. In my case I was contracted employee, ask if I wanted to accept a full time job after one month, then waited 3 months for the paper work to be completed, became full time... then 5 weeks later I was fired.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

North Bay branch is a Dictatorship

General Help (Current Employee) North Bay, ON (Canada)

ProsSome of the pros to working here are the wages and that you get to take 2 products home at the end of the shift.

ConsManagement doesn't listen to workers. You get treated like crap and they won't give you a straight answer on anything. The management also doesn't know how to talk to workers (get yelled at, put down, sworn at)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe North Bay outlet needs to be cleaned out. Seems like everyone in management is related to each other and lots of the senior people are related to management. Nepotism is RAMPANT.

Good learning experience.

Demand Planner (Current Employee)

Prosco workers are great, strong knowledge base in the area.

ConsOffice is very lean from a staffing point of view.

Canada Bread

Plant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) Woodstock, NB (Canada)

ProsGreat Company to work for.

ConsNone at this point in time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far.

Lots of changes all the time. good place to start and learn alot

Proslots to learn, you can take ownership, show leadership

Consnot many processes in place and can be frustrating at times

franchisee

Franchisee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsDuo monopoly. With the right management in place everyone would benefit from the consumers to the employees because Canada Bread is a strong and recognized brand. It's a highly profitable business where no employee or business partnersshould be taken advantage of.

ConsAlways thinking of new ways in taking away our earnings. Company employees don't want to admit that things are wrong as they don't want to rock the boat. Very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your partners.

coworkers were good but management not consistant

Maintenance (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Prosgood wage, nice work environment, chance to learn new skills and variety of equipment to work on.
    many chances for advancement.

Consdays off rotate, shifts can be hard on family life for some people. no rotation of shift, if you are on nights you stay on nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe maintenance department is run as an expense not as a way to prevent expense, work should be done to help efficiency of the higher paid workers (they are the highest paid in the plant). If I was looking at the maintenance group I would train people to do the routine mundane parts of the job and allow the tradespeople more time to prevent major problems by being able to address the issues with equipment directly and not have to waste important time during the scheduled down times.

Awesome Place to work!

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFast paced working environment representing leading national brands in commercial bakery. I love working at Canda Bread.

ConsNo real cons, great place to work.

Worked for Canada Bread Company? Contribute to the Community!