Canadian Tire Financial Services

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen Wetmore

I don't mind the work here its really good.

Phone Teller (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsI love the people, esp my close colleague girl friends Andrea, Vanessa. Its like they always have my back
    Cool bosses, flexible hours. Enjoyable work environment. Gosh its alright

Consmeh, i could do with more salary. The experience is enough however, office politics, seem to always rise by the person who did not say good morning

Advice to Senior Managementaiit keep it cool, keep it one hundred

Roadside Assistance Representative

Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) Welland, ON (Canada)

ProsGood company culture and management was readily available to discuss any concerns

ConsYou have to want to sit down all day on a headset if you're going to enjoy this job.

Fast moving, entrepreneurial, constantly evolving

Associate Vice President (Current Employee) Burlington, ON (Canada)

ProsComplex, interesting, fast moving, Canadian, great pay, pay for performance

ConsLess fun over time, more tightly linked to corporate office, less autonomy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK place to work

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Oakville, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people were nice to work with and most were willing to lend a hand. Lots of opportunity to learn on your own, conferences or training. Lots of opportunity to make lateral moves but not much opportunity for advancement. There are not a lot of levels of management so the work preformed was viewed directly by management .

ConsProjects get started very quickly but moving them from the initial planning stage can be very difficult. Workload very heavy and pressure to complete is high.

Salary and benefits good but...

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Welland, ON (Canada)

ProsSalary good. Benefits good. Lots of friendly co-workers and an extensive training system.

ConsAlways being monitored even between calls, a feeling that you're just numbers and statistics and quotas.

Stiff corporate culture - no support of work/life balance

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)

Prospay is decent, benefits are still okay; bonuses are okay; offices are nice; it's a Canadian company, discounts are good; technology is good

ConsSlashes recently to company contributions to profit sharing, benefits, bonuses; raises are insulting; no work/life balance - especially for non-management personnel; management is really disconnected from its staff; no communication; top heavy in management - takes forever to instigate needed changes; brutal on insistence of conformance and adherence to schedule -while management routinely walks in late/leaves early;

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of demanding more efficiencies from your workforce, look at inefficiencies in timely recognition and repair of inefficiencies at a higher levels; such as recruiting, scheduling, training, technology. Walk the walk - talk the talk; big brother methods of coaching instils mistrust; recognize good behavior too - not just coach the negative; recognize that your advisors have lives outside of work - and give consistency in your scheduling. Treat your employees equally.

CTFS overall good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities for career advancement.
    Good salary and benefits - profit sharing, bonus, stock purchase plan.

ConsBig company - sometime slow to get things approved.
    Support groups don't always have a sense of urgency.

Sales rep. at Canadian tire financial service (credico)

Sales (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFlexibility in time and changing locations periodically

ConsPushing to sell a product without a value

Advice to Senior Managementfocus more on advertising to let the customer come to the CTFS rep than on direct sales in an annoying matter

The best lerning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe environment ifs very friendly, lots of things to learn and good respect given to every employee . .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . .

ConsCareer growth is a bit limited ....... . . .

it's a good working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswest side of the GTA if you live close to the west side

Consneed to hire more talent professionals

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement skill needs to improve

Worked for Canadian Tire Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!