Cancer Treatment Centers of America

www.cancercenter.com

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Gerard van Grinsven

Pros
  • Leadership at each hospital is excellent, they really care about their stakeholders, and about great patient care(in 4 reviews)

• Fair pay, great benefits, and great wellness program(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is an issue if you're not diligent at protecting your free time(in 6 reviews)

• During my interview the new PTO program was highlighted as a benefit but they took it away because it would cost to much money(in 6 reviews)

Treats patients great, but not the same for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsHas philosophy of "it's all about the patient", and goes out of their way to make it easy for patient and caregivers.
    Great food in the Dining Room.
    Beautiful facility.

ConsSay employees (stakeholders) are just as important as the patient, but don't show it by the way treated.
    Poor Facilities Management when it comes to space utilization.
    Hire too many family members of management stakeholders who then get preferential treatment.
    Low wages when compared to local area. Stands behind the Corporate Compensation findings which are not current and in tune with supply and demand positions.
    Poor Administrative Leadership Team. Blames poor employee satisfaction results on dept., but needs to take a look at lack of support from Admin to Dept.
    Not in tune with level of work for all areas, and therefore not staffed appropriately. However, other areas tend to be overstaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the preferential treatment given to certain stakeholders.
    No work-life balance if working in a department understaffed.
    Changing to PTO time positive, but retracting balances without prior notice to stakeholders was poor decision.

Fast paced and friendly work environment

ProsFair pay, great benefits, and great wellness program. Leadership at each hospital is excellent, they really care about their stakeholders, and about great patient care.

ConsThe corporate office is a hindrance to the operation of the hospitals. They do not have the experience or knowledge of how to run or support a 24/7 healthcare operation. S. Bonner is no longer the CEO, so ratings about CEO pertain to the new CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house at Corporate and seek the input of the healthcare experts at the hospitals.

This is a horrible place to work for!

IS Stakeholder (Current Employee)

ProsSalaries and relocation packages have been very generous. Ability to work from home.

ConsMany of us are trapped! We want desperately to leave but the company made us sign repayment agreements for our relocations and college degrees. The problem is that the agreements were signed during a different period at CTCA when we had leadership that we respected. It's hard to find employers to give sign on bonuses and some of us can't afford to pay these back.

We're left with a miserable existence. We use to complain about to many projects but we were learning and developing. IS stakeholders now go through the motions to get 40 hours in and we're no longer doing interesting projects. Our lunch time discussions are focused on the status of job searches or who is following who.

Advice to Senior ManagementTimes have changed. Don't hold us hostage to agreements made during a different era. Reimagine the agreements and allow us to make employment decision based upon the merits of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Discrimination and racism is deep rooted

Project Director (Current Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsCTCA is the second highest paying company in Phoenix for project management. The environment at the WRMC hospital is amazing! Patients receive a wonderful experience.

ConsLeadership over the PMO is very racist with regular jokes about oriental populations. I have learned that the behavior is allowed and endorsed. Executive leaders and the Chairman also discriminate against obese and smokers. Life as a PD in the PMO is also faced with lack of leadership support and lack of cooperation from other IS teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain leaders on the illegality of discrimination.

The truth is a reality best left to Professionals

IS Stakeholder (Former Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsEasy interview, nice dinning cool thought about what cancer treatment could look like

ConsUnprofessional and lack of auditing and resolving issues whether human related or machine related

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure your perception to find a common mission statement that honest clear and built with humans as an employee and as a patient they do not dffer each other

Complete scam

ProsBeautiful facade and great acting on the part of human resources.

ConsJust about everything, including the management is what is very wrong with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management with experience for more than a couple years.

I've never seen morale so low around here!

(Current Employee) Zion, IL

ProsThe Chairman throws very generous Christmas parties. Training opportunities have exceeded all other hospitals that I have worked for. Buildings are nice and constantly being improved. We have a great parking garage. The patients receive terrific service.

ConsFor profit health system and revenue drives everything. We are forced to use sub-par services from the Chairman's other companies in St Thomas and Switzerland. We focus more on Marketing than clinical care which is an ongoing debate as to whether we're a marketing or healthcare company. Demeaning and abusive outbursts occur regularly from the Chairman. When a situation does not meet his standards he will ensure a public corrective action to ensure the stakeholder is embarrassed enough to ensure that it never happens again. The behavior has become even more regular after the former CEO and COO have been replaced. The new CEO and COO are only focused on building the Boca Raton ivory tower and ignore the hospitals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bullying. Focus on the hospitals and less on corporate.

Great work environment, needs better pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment, growing at fast rate, patients really like it

ConsSalary for professionals on very low end..even with included bonus. Likely due to rural zion location. People that live in the Chicago or suburbs may not find the pay desirable.

No Leadership

Applications (Current Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsProfessional sales people that make the company look far better than it is. Candidates will be sold by promises of a best place to work in healthcare. The promises are supported by beautiful buildings and development programs.

ConsThe reality is far different. CTCA understaffs every department to keep costs low. You will never have time to go to training. 60-65 hours a week is not good enough. Your boss will tell you to just get the work done to achieve targets set by leadership. If deadlines are missed the senior leadership will push the team in front of the bus.

The leadership in the IS department continues to get worse. Stakeholders continue to leave. The new CIO is only focused on outward appearances and doesn't spend time with her team. She didn't even attend the first IS All Hands meeting. We now know that her priority is not the IS team nor open communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey don't want advice. I am a current stakeholder but not for long.

Proud to work for CTCA

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsI am a long term stakeholder for CTCA in their Corporate office in Schaumburg. The culture of patient focus and commitment to growth and continuous improvement has kept me fulfilled and challenged during my tenure with CTCA. We do everything we can to assist all patients who call us and offer hope to all. Our model of care is the best that can be found.

ConsExtremely fast paced envirnoment and can be emotionallly challenging. Successful stakeholders are driven and committed to the mission, vision and values of the company, which can make work/life balance somewhat difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value stakeholders and stay competitive with salaries to attract and retain top talent.

Worked for Cancer Treatment Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!