Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
2.4

Gerard van Grinsven

Pros
  • Stakeholders were focused on patient care (in 7 reviews)

• Working both in the corporate office and having the chance to work in an hospital has provided me with a great glimpse of how things are (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is an issue if you're not diligent at protecting your free time (in 7 reviews)

• Bonner is no longer the CEO, so ratings about CEO pertain to the new CEO (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Moving forward in changing the face of cancer care

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership that focuses on the ability of each stakeholder to excel in their position

Cons

It is difficult sometimes to remove toxic employees

Look at the stakeholders who are toxic and remove them from the CTCA family

Very happy with my new job a CTCA

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

I joined CTCA recently after a decades-long career in another field of work, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised with how this company operates. I work in the corporate offices, and you'd expect some level of stuffiness and bureaucracy, but what I have experienced, consistently, is compassion, respect and a dedication to the patient and a positive culture of professionalism, from the CEO to the co-workers on my team. The idea is to treat all employees -- called stakeholders here -- like CTCA wants and expects every patient to be treated, and the company walks the walk. If my last employer cared this much about employee morale, and the work-life balance (a real priority here), I would never have left the job. I'm here to stay at CTCA. And I tell all my friends to send in their resumes. It's truly a wonderful place to work, and you can't beat the mission -- fighting cancer and helping cancer patients.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. Honestly.

Keep up the great work.

Patient care that never quits even when stakeholders may not get a lunch break or end their shift on time.

Current Employee - RN, Operating Room in Zion, IL
    Current Employee - RN, Operating Room in Zion, IL

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

Unique patient population who travel from all around the world in search of hope. Stakeholders treat each other like family.

Cons

Various challenges come with a place that is expanding to accommodate patients.

Top leaders are great role models for lower/department managers/directors; unfortunately the Mother standard of care is not usually practiced from department leadership onto stakeholders who work for them.

Everyone has a great work ethic

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

Can rely on coworkers and motivates yourself to work hard as well.

Cons

Often times, it may be difficult to find a balance between life and work

Great company values and great company to work for

Strong Culture, Excellent Care Model -- But Not For Everyone

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is strong and pervasive-- you either fit or you don't. That may explain some of the negative reviews here. The care model is superb, and patients LOVE CTCA. Government HCAHPs (for patient satisfaction) scores show CTCA far above all of the competition. And CTCA is on many local 'best place to work' lists. Pay is competitive, with an excellent bonus system.

Cons

They do work you hard, and hire Type A, committed people. If you can't keep up, you may feel a work life balance issue. But the people you work with are smart and interesting, and you become very connected with each other. Senior management can have a bit of a tin ear, but isn't it part of any job to complain about management? CTCA is definitely patient centric, but equally profit-centric (but as any service business realizes, those two can be very compatible!).

Listen better and communicate more! And perhaps ease up on the fancy suits. It creates a distance with the 'real people' stakeholders you are supposed to serve (servant leadership!).

It seems like they really care about their employees. They constantly try to find ways to improve your experience.

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

They work hard to make sure you're happy at CTCA. The executive team is always visible and approachable. You are taken through a lengthy interview process, which tells me that they're very particular about who they hire.

Cons

I can't really think of any challenges right now. So far, it feels like CTCA has bent over backwards to make sure I have all of the resources I need to be happy and do my job.

None

Great company, competent leadership, & passionate team members!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined CTCA late last year because I was attracted to CTCA based on their mission and focus of keeping the patient at the center. I am happy that I joined the organization and I look forward to a promising career. I have been impressed with the level of competence from all of the team members at the headquarters and I have been totally blown away with the professionalism, expertise, commitment and passion at the hospitals I have visited. You are given a license to operate, empowered to make moment of truth decisions, and an opportunity to provide candid input or feedback.

What is Unique:
    1). The Daily Connections/Roundup: All employees on a daily basis meet briefly as a team or department to discuss the mission, culture, good news, recognition, or insights
    2). Hospital. One visit to the hospital and you will know that your work matters. From interactions with the patients to team members, everyone is focused on the same goal.

Cons

Dress attire (business) could be a con for some but it is not that bad. It took a while to get adjusted to it
    Facial hair policy might be outdated

Continue be servant leaders and listen to input from team members

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Response

Jan 19, 2015Director of Social Media

We’re glad to hear that your career with us is off to a great start. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and perspective as a new CTCA Stakeholder (employee). We wish you continued ... More

Outstanding company

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive culture, opportunities for growth, patient-focused, employees have a voice

Cons

multiple locations can make collaboration/communication challenging

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Response

Jan 19, 2015Director of Social Media

Thanks for your commitment and dedication to our patients as a CTCA Stakeholder (employee) for over 5 years! We’re happy to know you’re experiencing first-hand our culture of empowerment and ... More

Stay away

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Zion, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Zion, IL

I worked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

Great place for patients. That is all.

Cons

Management will make you sick

Don't bully employees

Run

I have been working at Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Pros

Compensation is decent, people who work there are great to work with

Cons

Upper Management does not care to hear your ideas and solution
    Work-life balance and the work schedule is rather difficult

Listen to your employees