Canobie Lake Park

Add Photos

Carl Berni

Canobie Lake Park EMS

EMT (Current Employee) Salem, NH

ProsManagement was flexible, I got almost as many hours as I wanted, and most of the fellow staff was friendly, both within and outside the department.

ConsWorking outside in the heat is never fun, especially wearing long pants. They do work hard to make sure everybody is hydrated though.

Not good, not bad.

ProsAlways tons of hours, great to spend all day outside in the sun, and there was always ice cold water available. The employees who were there from start to finish of the season were usually great people to work with, too.

ConsA 60 or 70 hour work week would result in 0 overtime for ANYONE, Even the upper management. Everyone employed by the park was hired as seasonal, so one of the owners could show up in a million dollars worth of cars. The few I saw while I was there: Rolls Royce Phantom, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes Benz G-Wagon, and a Ferrari F430.

not fun, lack of professionalism

Prospeople who work there and that's it.

ConsNo benefits, not enough pay, can never go to the park as a guest because of working all the time, so employees should get free passes to go after there shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employes come to the park for free on certain days

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, low pay

Entertainment Department (Former Employee)

Prosthe people were amazing, within the entertainment department there are plenty of opportunities to experience fun and new things from day to day. The people you work with become your family, for the most part, I loved all of my co workers as well as the actors/actresses.

Conslow pay, sometimes the fun squad rigid rules would take away from what I think Canobie would want a FUN squad to do

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, do what you do, but keep focus on entertaining and dont rely on rigid rules too much

A fun summer job

Ride Supervisor (Former Employee) Salem, NH

ProsEveryday is a new experience

ConsEveryday is the same thing

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce stress to increase happiness

Good people, terrible job

Ride Operator (Former Employee) Salem, NH

ProsMany of the people that you work with are fun, young people who are trying to make some money for themselves.

ConsManagement is very disorganized, and their policies change frequently. You are expected to work 12 hour days without overtime because it is classified as "seasonal employment." I was frequently put on a ride that I hated, and was forced to sit alone in a small box at the top of the log flume for 4-6 hours at a time.

Great experience with great people

Fun Squad (Entertainment) (Former Employee) Salem, NH

ProsI was able to work at an amusement park which is great in itself.
    I was paid to dance, sing, attend shows, and promote the park (included some perks)
    I met great people
    Supervisors were amazing
    Overall fun experience
    End of season dance and awards.
    Work with famous impersonators
    Use of the dance hall theater as dressing room and kitchen (I miss it)

ConsPay is minimum wage but it is mainly for high school and college students.
    No funky hair or makeup because of the family atmosphere which I understand but times are changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the fun squad higher than minimum wage. They travel the whole park multiple times a day in extremely hot weather with smiles. They also go off site to promote the park. They deserve more.

Favorite Job I've Ever Had

Ride Operator (Former Employee) Salem, NH

Prosfun, fast-paced, challenging, learned a lot, met a lot of great people, can work as many or as few hours as you want (provided you're good and show them you can handle the long hours without burning out), very high standards and high expectations, felt like I was part of something awesome

Consonly full time 3 months a year, so not much chance of making it a career; a LOT expected for very little pay; management likes to play mind-games sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the high standards, but trust your people to do the right thing. Trust that people want to do well and are on your side.

I loved working there but the pay left something to be desired and the hours are strenuous.

Security (Former Employee) Salem, NH

ProsThe people, the environment, and working outside.

ConsLow pay, long hours, little room for promotion

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place, great atmosphere, great hours and great pay. lots of fun people to work with

ConsLong hours, hot weather, must still work in the rain

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Canobie Lake Park? Contribute to the Community!