Canobie Lake Park Reviews

Carl Berni
1 Rating

1. Rides operator

I have been working at Canobie Lake Park part-time

Pros

You meet so many new people .

Cons

You stand outside in the boiling heat all day long, doing and saying the same thing repeatedly

2. Maintenance

Pros

Good hours. The park in Salem New Hampshire has some wonderful people. I enjoy going to the park for my shifts.

Cons

Not much in way of recognition. It is a thankless job, and this job requires one to walk long distances in short assigned shifts.

Advice to Management

More benefits would be very nice, along with the recognition of work that is vital to the park, we keep the park clean.

Rides Operator/Attendant

Former Employee - Rides Operator in Salem, NH

I worked at Canobie Lake Park part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to make people's day and show them an awesome time.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, very political, hot summer days baking in the sun, same thing everyday

5. Good summer job

Former Employee - Water Slide Attendant in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Water Slide Attendant in Salem, NH

I worked at Canobie Lake Park part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can always get plenty of hours.

Cons

Boring and repetitive at some points but not a bad job.

6. Very low pay for lots of work.

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Salem, NH

Pros

Easy to get hired. Supervisors don't hassle you.

Cons

Minimum pay. No pay for overtime (due to law that amusement parks don't pay overtime).

Advice to Management

Pay workers what they deserve. Pay for overtime.

7. The environment is great, the work is something to look forward to and not to dread, and the people are awesome.

Current Employee - Entertainment in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Entertainment in Salem, NH

I have been working at Canobie Lake Park part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The supervisors, at least in the entertainment department, are fantastic; they're all kind, understanding, relate-able and a joy to work with. The job itself is fun; you get to interact with the guests that come to the park and, as an entertainer, have the opportunity to make them smile and brighten their day. For those who love to act, becoming a costume character and taking on the role as one of them is thrilling. Outstanding work does not go unnoticed; Canobie has cast member of the week for each department, as well as a cast member of the week for the whole park. Workers get a discount at certain stores within the park. The health of the employee is always put first; if an employee is feeling under-the-weather, Canobie makes sure they are tend to, hydrated and feeling better before they go to do their job. If a worker is under-the-weather to the point where they cannot do their job or they feel like they need to go home to rest, Canobie is really understanding as well as flexible. If you need a breather break while in costume character, you can take one; you can also choose the path you go. If you're not used to the physical demands, you can take small loops more frequently; if you are used to the costume character and are durable, you can take longer walks through the park. Both during the summer season and Screemfest, the entertainment department is like a family; the employees within the department are close and build friendships with each other. If you work five hours or more consecutively in one day, you are guaranteed a 30 minute break. The safety of workers and guests is taken seriously.

Cons

If you're not used to physical work, the entertainment department might not be for you; working in the costume characters can be sweaty and demanding of physical work. Additionally, if you need a particular day off or certain hours off, you need to contact Canobie 2 weeks in advance; this is only a con if you are someone who doesn't make plans ahead of time.

8. Great place to work

Former Employee - Rides Operator in Salem, NH

I worked at Canobie Lake Park part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are somebody in high school or maybe doesn't have a lot of work experience Canobie Lake Park is a great place to spend the summer. I worked in the rides department where I was exposed to my first training program, was able to see the chance for promotion, and built great customer service skills that were able to land internships in the future. They are also very flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Some jobs can become monotonous.

Advice to Management

None, great job using incentives! (movie passes, etc.)

9. Not good, not bad.

Pros

Always tons of hours, great to spend all day outside in the sun, and there was always ice cold water available. The employees who were there from start to finish of the season were usually great people to work with, too.

Cons

A 60 or 70 hour work week would result in 0 overtime for ANYONE, Even the upper management. Everyone employed by the park was hired as seasonal, so one of the owners could show up in a million dollars worth of cars. The few I saw while I was there: Rolls Royce Phantom, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, Mercedes Benz G-Wagon, and a Ferrari F430.

10. not fun, lack of professionalism

I have been working at Canobie Lake Park part-time

Pros

people who work there and that's it.

Cons

No benefits, not enough pay, can never go to the park as a guest because of working all the time, so employees should get free passes to go after there shift.

Advice to Management

Let the employes come to the park for free on certain days

11. Canobie Lake Park EMS

Current Employee - EMT in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - EMT in Salem, NH

I have been working at Canobie Lake Park part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was flexible, I got almost as many hours as I wanted, and most of the fellow staff was friendly, both within and outside the department.

Cons

Working outside in the heat is never fun, especially wearing long pants. They do work hard to make sure everybody is hydrated though.

RSS Feed </> Embed