Canon Business Solutions

Canon Business Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Canon Business Solutions CEO Yoroku Adachi

Yoroku Adachi

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, no overtime, lunchroom"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Canon is a good product, but if marketed by the wrong people impossible to sell"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Every time we questioned our jobs, upper management would tell us everything was part of the contract"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Management has no trust level what so ever for it's field employees"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time

ProsGreat place to work and great leadership

ConsNot a large enough territory to make more money

Advice to Senior ManagementEnlarge the territory and sell more solutions

not a company i would work for again!!

Mail Clerk and Repo Graphics (Former Employee)
Reston, VA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Prosyou will get decent benefits but they aren't that good

Consthey will work you hard and will not pay you what you are worth.not a good company to work for! i work there for almost 5 years and only received a 90 cent raise there's not incentive for working for them

Advice to Senior Managementsome of the managers try to help you out but the general managers have the final say. if they can say a penny so they can keep it in their pockets they will! so don't look for a decent raise ever!

I would prospect new business by cold calling, setting appts.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have a great product line.

ConsI have no real cons to speak of

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell them to be more aware of what is happening at the sales dept level

Good start to my sales career.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time

ProsCreate your own schedule. Good size territory.

ConsReporting to the office in Burlington 3 times a week.

Copy Lead

Copy Lead (Former Employee)
Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunity to work at Howard and Howard.

ConsWas thrown into a position with a supervisor who harassed me and humiliated me in front of coworkers on a daily basis. Walked off of the job and will never return to Canon. This was the second time I was humiliated while working with Canon and it's so called management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop in unannounced once in a while.

Par for course as general corporate America goes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsShort commute to office; amazing products; some very knowledgeable employees; some execs were surprisingly accessible.

ConsLack of backing from management; too many empty promises; management when I was there talked a lot of teamwork jargon but never put it into action.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, earnest, and realistic with your employees. It will go a long way.

The HOLY GRAIL CONTRACT

Office Services Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsCanon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses. You can be full-time at one job site or opt to be a floater and work at multiple sites. It is a good job for someone in college or just out of high school.because it gives them the chance to network and learn about different industries.

ConsSince Canon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses, the job duties vary drastically from site to site. However, the pay does not!!!

My job site was a law firm and many of the paralegals and secretaries seemed unaware that we were part of a separate company. We would be filing legal documents for the attorneys, closing out cases, covering vacation days for firm employees, sending time sheets to headquarters, typing out pleadings, and much more. We were doing all of these tasks on top of the printing and mail handling. Every time we questioned our jobs, upper management would tell us everything was part of the contract. We all asked to see the contract and nobody would ever produce one. The site manager had never even seen the contract himself!!!

When it came time for reviews, the site manager was excited to give all of us raises but was told that his positive reviews would not reflect on our pay. Upper management said that raises would not be granted because the contract was set at a fixed rate.

There is not opportunity to advance within the company because all of the sites are so different and far removed from each other. You get 12 days per year for sick & vacation combined! Its just a dead end job!!!

DO NOT PLAN TO STAY WITH THIS COMPANY FOR ANY EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME. THEY ARE SHADY!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing to say other than that upper management is full of a bunch of crooks looking to screw everyone over!

Conformists.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat base line training ground for people new in their career.

ConsFocused on their own process & policy. Difficult to accommodate customer requests that fall outside of the strict process. Slow -- not nimble. Need to conform with the program -- out of the box thinking is not practical. A place where it is what it is. Can turn a passionate person into a drone. Alternatives in this industry are more fun and rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more authority to local areas -- including total P&L control. The divisions are too silo'd all the way to the top - making decisions laborious and field requests discouraged by mid management. Other companies in the indisutry are much more fun to work at - and rewarding.

This company is a complete disorganized mess with non existent management, and jokes for incentives to the reps.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros-Great experience for resumes with cold calling and telemarketing.
-great Dallas Market with lots of opportunity
-wonderful product
-great customer relationships as long as everything goes smoothly
-order management in IL was great

-Love sales and everything about what I did.. terrible company (some of the problems were just the local Dallas office... other problems were company wide)

Cons-no consistent management (I was there for 2 years and had 2 directors and 3 direct manager changes)
-no incentives to reps besides a presidents club
-Very little help or direction from direct management (7 week training is a joke and a waste of time)
-disorganized with service department and internal processes.
-push to sell document management software along with equipment but internally don't practice what they preach
-very little pay. The compensation plan is created to keep sales representatives from making money
-a lot of favoritism when deciding territories which causes problems and hurts individuals compensation.
-Overall a very cheap company that pays no attention

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together!

Decent

Mail Clerk (Current Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsLight work, reasonable expectations, paid holidays off

ConsNot much room for advancement, no raise the first year employeed, unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow you care about your employees. Don't complain about your workloads and when help is given without asking, don't take offense to it. Thank them for going above and beyond to help make YOUR job easier.

Worked for Canon Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canon Business Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canon Business Solutions CEO Yoroku Adachi. All 132 reviews posted anonymously by Canon Business Solutions employees.