Canon Business Solutions

Canon Business Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Canon Business Solutions CEO Yoroku Adachi

Yoroku Adachi

Pros
  • Good benefits, employee centric management(in 14 reviews)

• Canon has an amazing benefits package, starting with 14 vacation days in year one(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every time we questioned our jobs, upper management would tell us everything was part of the contract(in 8 reviews)

• Lack of communication between department heads(in 3 reviews)

Great company with room for growth!

ProsThe company has structure, leadership, and great benefits and compensation. They have excellent training and sharp people to work with. I love the environment that I work in.

ConsThe only con I can see is that you need to be a self starter and highly motivated otherwise you may not do as well as others.

Job for life if you perform to expectations, and can demonstrate a lot of patience

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsCanon philosophy is one of loyalty that if you do your job, you never have to worry about getting downsized. Innovative and industry leading technology in a number of areas. Most executives I reported to were compassionate leaders

ConsIncredibly disjointed processes and workflows. That starts at the top, and is a downside to being such a large company.
    Compensation for sales is awful. Something to weigh against the quality of life you enjoy working for them.f you are looking to make a great income selling a lot, this might not be the place for you.
    It also seemed that the service on the hardware no matter where you went was below average. This was more prevalent outside the major metropolitan areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring your compensation model up, and rely on field insight to improve your processes and workflow. Hard to consistently make intelligent decisions sitting in a comfortable chair in New York

They bought our company Oce and then laid us all off.

Supply Line Administrator (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey are well managed. Good benefits.

ConsThey laid us off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

do not feel protected by company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou working for the canon company.

Consno room for improvement unless someone leaves. Clients treat you like crap and slaves but as long as they will sign the contract let them. The classes we have to take contradicts what management does all the time.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn what your clients do to the people that supposed to represent you. When the people that represent your company are treated like crap and all you have to say to them is just do what they say so they'll sign the contract it makes them feel like not representing the company to the fullest.

Third party companies really like Canon employees, many even hire them away!

Senior Site Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsChance to learn while working in other companies. Money and benefits, ok. Companies you get to work inside of can give you an idea of life outside of Canon.

ConsManagement does not care if you take great care of the client, as long as you do exactly as they say even if they are wrong or it is written into the contract. Canon tries to bleed the customer dry.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your experienced staff and take care of the client!

Worst Discriminating Company towards women I"ve even seen!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gardena, CA

ProsGood benefits package and base salary. The regular workers (non-upper management people) are mostly very good quality people.

ConsTerrible upper management - basically a good 'ole boys club that will continue forever. The company is so wealthy, all the lawsuits against them always get settled out of court & it's just a slap on the hand to them. They will never change. They hire 1 "token" black sales manager, 1 token female VP executive, & 1 token female sales manager. Everyone else in those positions are white men - always. When I left, every women on the sales team had left - except 1 who was in the middle of a class action lawsuit against them (so she decided to stick it out for another year).

Very satisfied on all levels with this company so far.

ProsGood benefits, employee centric management.

ConsI have nothing here at this time

Account Execuitve

Account Executive (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsWork hard and build a loasting career with a strong company

Conshigh turnover, the ompany has a low base salary

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people time to grow their portfolio.

NOT the place to work as an individual contributor. Manager, Sr. Manager, Director or above? Perhaps.

Curriculum Development (Former Employee) Melville, NY

ProsYou can run out the door at precisely 5:00 PM to pick up the kids if you have to.

ConsLooking for a corner office? Don't kid yourself. You'll be sitting at what could be described generously, as a workbench in the middle of a massive hive of other worker bees. Very stuffy, "ssshhh!" atmosphere that operates a geologically slow pace. The "ooohhh, here comes yada-yada executive, everybody behave themselves!" resembles middle school.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you see talent, move them around. They'll get bored as hell, and then leave as I did. In our small area of Canon Solutions America the attrition rate was at least one full time employee per month walking out the door for six consecutive months. That's data!

Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat place to work and great leadership

ConsNot a large enough territory to make more money

Advice to Senior ManagementEnlarge the territory and sell more solutions

Worked for Canon Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!