Canon Business Solutions Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
170 reviews filtered by

1. Great company with room for growth!

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions

Pros

The company has structure, leadership, and great benefits and compensation. They have excellent training and sharp people to work with. I love the environment that I work in.

Cons

The only con I can see is that you need to be a self starter and highly motivated otherwise you may not do as well as others.

2. Job for life if you perform to expectations, and can demonstrate a lot of patience

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Canon philosophy is one of loyalty that if you do your job, you never have to worry about getting downsized. Innovative and industry leading technology in a number of areas. Most executives I reported to were compassionate leaders

Cons

Incredibly disjointed processes and workflows. That starts at the top, and is a downside to being such a large company.
    Compensation for sales is awful. Something to weigh against the quality of life you enjoy working for them.f you are looking to make a great income selling a lot, this might not be the place for you.
    It also seemed that the service on the hardware no matter where you went was below average. This was more prevalent outside the major metropolitan areas.

Advice to Management

Bring your compensation model up, and rely on field insight to improve your processes and workflow. Hard to consistently make intelligent decisions sitting in a comfortable chair in New York

3. do not feel protected by company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you working for the canon company.

Cons

no room for improvement unless someone leaves. Clients treat you like crap and slaves but as long as they will sign the contract let them. The classes we have to take contradicts what management does all the time.

Advice to Management

learn what your clients do to the people that supposed to represent you. When the people that represent your company are treated like crap and all you have to say to them is just do what they say so they'll sign the contract it makes them feel like not representing the company to the fullest.

5. They bought our company Oce and then laid us all off.

Former Employee - Supply Line Administrator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Supply Line Administrator in Denver, CO

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are well managed. Good benefits.

Cons

They laid us off.

6. Third party companies really like Canon employees, many even hire them away!

Former Employee - Senior Site Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Site Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Chance to learn while working in other companies. Money and benefits, ok. Companies you get to work inside of can give you an idea of life outside of Canon.

Cons

Management does not care if you take great care of the client, as long as you do exactly as they say even if they are wrong or it is written into the contract. Canon tries to bleed the customer dry.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced staff and take care of the client!

7. Worst Discriminating Company towards women I"ve even seen!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits package and base salary. The regular workers (non-upper management people) are mostly very good quality people.

Cons

Terrible upper management - basically a good 'ole boys club that will continue forever. The company is so wealthy, all the lawsuits against them always get settled out of court & it's just a slap on the hand to them. They will never change. They hire 1 "token" black sales manager, 1 token female VP executive, & 1 token female sales manager. Everyone else in those positions are white men - always. When I left, every women on the sales team had left - except 1 who was in the middle of a class action lawsuit against them (so she decided to stick it out for another year).

8. worst company ever..

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

if you have no experience and no education work here.

Cons

the team leader dont have no experience/training how to deal with staff. Managers do not speak to you. threating you to work really hard or they will fire you. or change you location. we have employee of the month that only go to people he like. (either the work hard or not)

Advice to Management

Hire better manager and better salary for the work they want you to do

9. Very satisfied on all levels with this company so far.

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions

Pros

Good benefits, employee centric management.

Cons

I have nothing here at this time

10. Account Execuitve

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard and build a loasting career with a strong company

Cons

high turnover, the ompany has a low base salary

Advice to Management

Give people time to grow their portfolio.

NOT the place to work as an individual contributor. Manager, Sr. Manager, Director or above? Perhaps.

Former Employee - Curriculum Development in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Curriculum Development in Melville, NY

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can run out the door at precisely 5:00 PM to pick up the kids if you have to.

Cons

Looking for a corner office? Don't kid yourself. You'll be sitting at what could be described generously, as a workbench in the middle of a massive hive of other worker bees. Very stuffy, "ssshhh!" atmosphere that operates a geologically slow pace. The "ooohhh, here comes yada-yada executive, everybody behave themselves!" resembles middle school.

Advice to Management

If you see talent, move them around. They'll get bored as hell, and then leave as I did. In our small area of Canon Solutions America the attrition rate was at least one full time employee per month walking out the door for six consecutive months. That's data!

Canon Business Solutions Photos

Sign outside Canon Business Solutions offices located at 9330 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA?
Canon Business Solutions