Canon Business Solutions Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
167 reviews filtered by

1. I would prospect new business by cold calling, setting appts.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a great product line.

Cons

I have no real cons to speak of

I would tell them to be more aware of what is happening at the sales dept level

2. Good start to my sales career.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Create your own schedule. Good size territory.

Cons

Reporting to the office in Burlington 3 times a week.

Copy Lead

Former Employee - Copy Lead in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Copy Lead in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work at Howard and Howard.

Cons

Was thrown into a position with a supervisor who harassed me and humiliated me in front of coworkers on a daily basis. Walked off of the job and will never return to Canon. This was the second time I was humiliated while working with Canon and it's so called management team.

Drop in unannounced once in a while.

The HOLY GRAIL CONTRACT

Former Employee - Office Services Representative
    Former Employee - Office Services Representative

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Canon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses. You can be full-time at one job site or opt to be a floater and work at multiple sites. It is a good job for someone in college or just out of high school.because it gives them the chance to network and learn about different industries.

Cons

Since Canon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses, the job duties vary drastically from site to site. However, the pay does not!!!

My job site was a law firm and many of the paralegals and secretaries seemed unaware that we were part of a separate company. We would be filing legal documents for the attorneys, closing out cases, covering vacation days for firm employees, sending time sheets to headquarters, typing out pleadings, and much more. We were doing all of these tasks on top of the printing and mail handling. Every time we questioned our jobs, upper management would tell us everything was part of the contract. We all asked to see the contract and nobody would ever produce one. The site manager had never even seen the contract himself!!!

When it came time for reviews, the site manager was excited to give all of us raises but was told that his positive reviews would not reflect on our pay. Upper management said that raises would not be granted because the contract was set at a fixed rate.

There is not opportunity to advance within the company because all of the sites are so different and far removed from each other. You get 12 days per year for sick & vacation combined! Its just a dead end job!!!

DO NOT PLAN TO STAY WITH THIS COMPANY FOR ANY EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME. THEY ARE SHADY!!!

I have nothing to say other than that upper management is full of a bunch of crooks looking to screw everyone over!

Par for course as general corporate America goes.

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Short commute to office; amazing products; some very knowledgeable employees; some execs were surprisingly accessible.

Cons

Lack of backing from management; too many empty promises; management when I was there talked a lot of teamwork jargon but never put it into action.

Be honest, earnest, and realistic with your employees. It will go a long way.

Conformists.

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great base line training ground for people new in their career.

Cons

Focused on their own process & policy. Difficult to accommodate customer requests that fall outside of the strict process. Slow -- not nimble. Need to conform with the program -- out of the box thinking is not practical. A place where it is what it is. Can turn a passionate person into a drone. Alternatives in this industry are more fun and rewarding.

Give more authority to local areas -- including total P&L control. The divisions are too silo'd all the way to the top - making decisions laborious and field requests discouraged by mid management. Other companies in the indisutry are much more fun to work at - and rewarding.

This company is a complete disorganized mess with non existent management, and jokes for incentives to the reps.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great experience for resumes with cold calling and telemarketing.
    -great Dallas Market with lots of opportunity
    -wonderful product
    -great customer relationships as long as everything goes smoothly
    -order management in IL was great

-Love sales and everything about what I did.. terrible company (some of the problems were just the local Dallas office... other problems were company wide)

Cons

-no consistent management (I was there for 2 years and had 2 directors and 3 direct manager changes)
    -no incentives to reps besides a presidents club
    -Very little help or direction from direct management (7 week training is a joke and a waste of time)
    -disorganized with service department and internal processes.
    -push to sell document management software along with equipment but internally don't practice what they preach
    -very little pay. The compensation plan is created to keep sales representatives from making money
    -a lot of favoritism when deciding territories which causes problems and hurts individuals compensation.
    -Overall a very cheap company that pays no attention

Get it together!

9. Decent

Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Light work, reasonable expectations, paid holidays off

Cons

Not much room for advancement, no raise the first year employeed, unorganized.

Show you care about your employees. Don't complain about your workloads and when help is given without asking, don't take offense to it. Thank them for going above and beyond to help make YOUR job easier.

10. Site Representative

Current Employee - Site Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Site Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits
    Flexible schedule if you go to school

Cons

Lack of communication between management causes confusion with employees

11. Was OK....commission structure was messed up

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Training....good product....local management was good.

Cons

Commission structure...competition of dealers in market....pricing of CBS equipment was more than local Canon dealers

Canon Business Solutions Photos

Sign outside Canon Business Solutions offices located at 9330 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA?
Canon Business Solutions