solutions.canon.com
Profile Unclaimed

Good start to my sales career.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Create your own schedule. Good size territory.

Cons

Reporting to the office in Burlington 3 times a week.

The HOLY GRAIL CONTRACT

Former Employee - Office Services Representative
    Former Employee - Office Services Representative

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Canon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses. You can be full-time at one job site or opt to be a floater and work at multiple sites. It is a good job for someone in college or just out of high school.because it gives them the chance to network and learn about different industries.

Cons

Since Canon has contracts with many different kinds of businesses, the job duties vary drastically from site to site. However, the pay does not!!!

My job site was a law firm and many of the paralegals and secretaries seemed unaware that we were part of a separate company. We would be filing legal documents for the attorneys, closing out cases, covering vacation days for firm employees, sending time sheets to headquarters, typing out pleadings, and much more. We were doing all of these tasks on top of the printing and mail handling. Every time we questioned our jobs, upper management would tell us everything was part of the contract. We all asked to see the contract and nobody would ever produce one. The site manager had never even seen the contract himself!!!

When it came time for reviews, the site manager was excited to give all of us raises but was told that his positive reviews would not reflect on our pay. Upper management said that raises would not be granted because the contract was set at a fixed rate.

There is not opportunity to advance within the company because all of the sites are so different and far removed from each other. You get 12 days per year for sick & vacation combined! Its just a dead end job!!!

DO NOT PLAN TO STAY WITH THIS COMPANY FOR ANY EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME. THEY ARE SHADY!!!

I have nothing to say other than that upper management is full of a bunch of crooks looking to screw everyone over!

Par for course as general corporate America goes.

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Short commute to office; amazing products; some very knowledgeable employees; some execs were surprisingly accessible.

Cons

Lack of backing from management; too many empty promises; management when I was there talked a lot of teamwork jargon but never put it into action.

Be honest, earnest, and realistic with your employees. It will go a long way.

Conformists.

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great base line training ground for people new in their career.

Cons

Focused on their own process & policy. Difficult to accommodate customer requests that fall outside of the strict process. Slow -- not nimble. Need to conform with the program -- out of the box thinking is not practical. A place where it is what it is. Can turn a passionate person into a drone. Alternatives in this industry are more fun and rewarding.

Give more authority to local areas -- including total P&L control. The divisions are too silo'd all the way to the top - making decisions laborious and field requests discouraged by mid management. Other companies in the indisutry are much more fun to work at - and rewarding.

This company is a complete disorganized mess with non existent management, and jokes for incentives to the reps.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great experience for resumes with cold calling and telemarketing.
    -great Dallas Market with lots of opportunity
    -wonderful product
    -great customer relationships as long as everything goes smoothly
    -order management in IL was great

-Love sales and everything about what I did.. terrible company (some of the problems were just the local Dallas office... other problems were company wide)

Cons

-no consistent management (I was there for 2 years and had 2 directors and 3 direct manager changes)
    -no incentives to reps besides a presidents club
    -Very little help or direction from direct management (7 week training is a joke and a waste of time)
    -disorganized with service department and internal processes.
    -push to sell document management software along with equipment but internally don't practice what they preach
    -very little pay. The compensation plan is created to keep sales representatives from making money
    -a lot of favoritism when deciding territories which causes problems and hurts individuals compensation.
    -Overall a very cheap company that pays no attention

Get it together!

Decent

Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Light work, reasonable expectations, paid holidays off

Cons

Not much room for advancement, no raise the first year employeed, unorganized.

Show you care about your employees. Don't complain about your workloads and when help is given without asking, don't take offense to it. Thank them for going above and beyond to help make YOUR job easier.

Good Entry Level Position

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a good position as a first job after graduation for someone looking to get into sales. They provide 4 weeks of training off-site,(in LA, Chicago, Dallas, or New Jersey, luck of the draw where you go) in two week blocks to new employees. Which goes over basic sales strategies and product overviews.
    If you are lucky enough to be given a territory with a good install base hitting quota will not be a problem and you will make decent money in year 1.
    Generally employ nice people. I did not have an issue with any one in my office, it was a pleasant work environment.
    Provided benefits that you would expect from a Fortune 500 company.
    Large company with opportunity to relocate or change departments.

Cons

Base salary is not great and does not increase with promotions.
    Rigid hours for a sales job (must be in the office at 8:30am even though no one is doing any work)
    Office equipment is not the most glamorous thing to sell.
    High turnover rate.

Higher base salaries to employees and retention rate would be better.
    Be more flexible with employees arriving and leaving work. If I am hitting my numbers I should be able to leave before 5pm without question. It's not like we're required to punch in/out at the beginning/end of the day.
    Quotas should have some reflection on install base.

Was OK....commission structure was messed up

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Training....good product....local management was good.

Cons

Commission structure...competition of dealers in market....pricing of CBS equipment was more than local Canon dealers

Site Representative

Current Employee - Site Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Site Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits
    Flexible schedule if you go to school

Cons

Lack of communication between management causes confusion with employees

Nerve Racking, Broken Promises, Undermining Management, Low Salaries

Former Employee - Senior Digital Service Specialist in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Digital Service Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Canon Business Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefit Package, Good Quantity of holidays, Little else

Cons

Cut Throat Employer, Purposely Cheats Employee of Due Salary, Management Says One Thing & Does Another. The Best Work Day I Had Was My Last Day Employed There. The Day I Walked Away From Canon Business Solutions I Felt The World Came Off My Shoulders.
    I Would Rather Be Unemployed Than Be Employed Again At Canon Business Solutions

I Have No Advice To Any Level Of Management At Canon Business Solutions, They Wouldn't And Do Not Listen, You Might As Well Spit Into The Wind.

Canon Business Solutions Photos

Sign outside Canon Business Solutions offices located at 9330 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA?

+ Add Photo