Canon Communications

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charlie McCurdy

Good environment overall

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Canon Communications full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and benefits. Mid size company that doesn't spend too much time on process.

ConsSometimes lacking in clear direction

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the employee culture

great place to work

I have been working at Canon Communications

ProsManagement understands the business and provides employees to succeed. Well positioned for growth. Expect this to be a great year exceeding all sales goals.

ConsAcquisitions streched already thin work force. Understood technology needs but was often to slow in transitioning to the lastest products.

An OK place to work

Account Exec (Former Employee)

I worked at Canon Communications

ProsGood publications and events, some really talented people who knew how to do their job well. Outstanding support staff. Well known and well respected industry publications

ConsLackluster communication from top down. Company tends to Implement new products before they've worked thru all the potential problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpect excellence from your people and then reward employees for excellence. Offer more training in relevant areas. Insist on monthly meetings for each product where all parties participate and know what's going on!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Community but the Leadership is Lackluster

I have been working at Canon Communications

ProsThe office is a really relaxed environment. You can do whatever you want as long as the work is done.

ConsThere's no room for growth, there's no interest in training people to learn new skills. There is a serious lack of oversight and seemingly no accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are not serfs. An employee can be an investment and should be treated as such.

Personal hell

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Canon Communications full-time for more than a year

ProsThe new office in Santa Monica is nice.

ConsOne business head has been complained about to HR several times (that I know of) and there were no consequences. That department had a 95% turnover in one year and still, no one looked into the problems.

Their products are outdated. Management is very political and has no vision. You're expected to work 14 hour days. A lot of the management is based in the UK and believes that Europeans know better. They don't understand that there are differences in what consumers want in the UK vs. the U.S.

A lot of incompetence by senior management.

I have been working at Canon Communications

ProsDecent benefits. Salary comparable to other publishers. Great "in the trenches" relationship among staff.

ConsSkeleton staff, so everyone is doing two or three different jobs. Continually acquiring, launching and marketing products they can't support, so stress level among staff is high. Divisions that are supposed to work together simply don't communicate.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down on acquisitions and take care of business. Treat your staff like human beings, not machines.

Worked for Canon Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canon Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canon Communications CEO Charlie McCurdy. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Canon Communications employees.