Canon Solutions America

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe Adachi

Pros
  • Great co-workers, good benefits, flexible work schedule, not micromanaged(in 3 reviews)

• The people are great and I enjoy my job when I can get what I need to fix a problem(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible upper management, too much paperwork to close sales(in 5 reviews)

• Senior management should be friendly and respectful to all staff members(in 3 reviews)

Good Place to work

ProsEnjoyed the Great Co-Workers

ConsYour just a number to a large company not a employee

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in the field getting to know who the employees really are and there ability to do the job

MICRO MANAGED

ProsVacation and personal time off is better than most companies and that is IT

ConsUpper Management is always on a "witch hunt" play the blame game and have nothing better to do but walk around with their coffee making sure people are working.

Great product; no teamwork

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsBenefits, reliable paycheck, beautiful campus, decent cafeteria, talented co-workers and great products to stand behind.

ConsHard work, dedication and innovation is rarely appreciated and never rewarded. Most of the departments work against each other rather that with each other resulting in a tumultuous work environment. Employees are not provided on-the-job education necessary to set them up for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some positivity in to the work environment. Train your staff - your on boarding process is one of you greatest weaknesses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK job, kinda boring

Dispatcher (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsHours were not the normal for the area so avoided rush hour traffic, quick to move up.

ConsBoring, not enough work to keep busy, things told to do after they thought you were doing it

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work

I had wonderful growth during my tenure at Canon

Solutions Integration Specialist (Former Employee) Gardena, CA

ProsLearned valuable business processes. Canon valued customers and assigned me a leadership role to create a positive working relationship with internal and external customers. My manager encouraged me to use vacation to create a personal and professional balance.

ConsMore support needed in training on product software and technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeadlines met with equal responsibility for entire team

Disappointing

Copier Service Tech (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are great and I enjoy my job when I can get what I need to fix a problem.

ConsPay is low, and changes are getting worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees what they are worth, and stop all the ridiculous changes that are being made.

Canon hates you, you're nothing but a number and if you can be replaced by someone cheaper the door is open for you to l

Senior Digital Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsVacation, 401K and holiday pay.

ConsThis company truly sucks, the only thing that counts are your metrics, customer service is a joke. Every thing is about cutting cost, we recently had a 3% pay cut because Canon forced us into a 38.75 hour work week and the pathetic excuse of local management did nothing to protect or help the employees who worked for them for over a decade. The customer comes LAST and the sale comes First! Preventive service is severely discouraged, every thing is about cutting cost, only replace parts at failure, don't try to avoid another service call if it involves replacing parts that haven't failed. Trust me, I've been doing this for a long time and this is without a doubt the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Japanese mico-managment, this is America, not Japan! Your management principles are terrible and you driving your most talented and capable techs to the completion.

Good benefits , no management

Senior Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

Pros401K , Medical . Canon equipment is challenging to work on.

Conssleep deprived zombie service reps feeding on each other to make service quota. No real team environment . Management responding to customers in a reactive rather than proactive manor. Management failed to resolve simple logistical challenges .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop management by numbers. Create a culture of customer service and satisfaction.

Credit and Collections Representative

Credit and Collections Representative (Current Employee) Burlington, NJ

ProsThe people are really nice
    Laid back environment
    Benefits are OK

ConsThey don't pay you enough for they work they ask you to do
    Its like a high school lunch room, if you arent in the cool crowd (butt kissers) you dont get any perks no matter how hard you work
    Your job is constantly threatened
    No proper training

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop picking your favorites and catering to them. People work hard and go above and beyond our job descriptions for the pennies you threaten to take away. Train your new employees.

Great Company with good pay and perks

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBase salary plus commission, car allowance, benefits and top performer trips.

ConsSlow internal processes. Other then that great management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up internal processes.

Worked for Canon Solutions America? Contribute to the Community!