Canon Solutions America

Joe Adachi

OK job, kinda boring

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsHours were not the normal for the area so avoided rush hour traffic, quick to move up.

ConsBoring, not enough work to keep busy, things told to do after they thought you were doing it

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work

Great product; no teamwork

Melville, NY

ProsBenefits, reliable paycheck, beautiful campus, decent cafeteria, talented co-workers and great products to stand behind.

ConsHard work, dedication and innovation is rarely appreciated and never rewarded. Most of the departments work against each other rather that with each other resulting in a tumultuous work environment. Employees are not provided on-the-job education necessary to set them up for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some positivity in to the work environment. Train your staff - your on boarding process is one of you greatest weaknesses.

Good benefits , no management

Senior Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

Pros401K , Medical . Canon equipment is challenging to work on.

Conssleep deprived zombie service reps feeding on each other to make service quota. No real team environment . Management responding to customers in a reactive rather than proactive manor. Management failed to resolve simple logistical challenges .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop management by numbers. Create a culture of customer service and satisfaction.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had wonderful growth during my tenure at Canon

Solutions Integration Specialist (Former Employee)
    Gardena, CA

ProsLearned valuable business processes. Canon valued customers and assigned me a leadership role to create a positive working relationship with internal and external customers. My manager encouraged me to use vacation to create a personal and professional balance.

ConsMore support needed in training on product software and technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeadlines met with equal responsibility for entire team

Credit and Collections Representative

Credit and Collections Representative (Current Employee)
    Burlington, NJ

ProsThe people are really nice
    Laid back environment
    Benefits are OK

ConsThey don't pay you enough for they work they ask you to do
    Its like a high school lunch room, if you arent in the cool crowd (butt kissers) you dont get any perks no matter how hard you work
    Your job is constantly threatened
    No proper training

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop picking your favorites and catering to them. People work hard and go above and beyond our job descriptions for the pennies you threaten to take away. Train your new employees.

Canon hates you, you're nothing but a number and if you can be replaced by someone cheaper the door is open for you to l

Senior Digital Service Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsVacation, 401K and holiday pay.

ConsThis company truly sucks, the only thing that counts are your metrics, customer service is a joke. Every thing is about cutting cost, we recently had a 3% pay cut because Canon forced us into a 38.75 hour work week and the pathetic excuse of local management did nothing to protect or help the employees who worked for them for over a decade. The customer comes LAST and the sale comes First! Preventive service is severely discouraged, every thing is about cutting cost, only replace parts at failure, don't try to avoid another service call if it involves replacing parts that haven't failed. Trust me, I've been doing this for a long time and this is without a doubt the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Japanese mico-managment, this is America, not Japan! Your management principles are terrible and you driving your most talented and capable techs to the completion.

Long Term

Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee)
    Gardena, CA

ProsThe best reasons to work for this company were the peer associates who were professional, but also very real and authentic.

ConsInternal communications were not delivered so that all associates were informed. Training and resources should be ongoing and available to all. Senior management should be friendly and respectful to all staff members.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake efforts to "value" employees.

Great Company with good pay and perks

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBase salary plus commission, car allowance, benefits and top performer trips.

ConsSlow internal processes. Other then that great management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up internal processes.

Amazing they are still in business with the management they have.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsCanon has a great (if undeserved reputation) in the public. Canon's printing and copier division is a different story. The Boca Raton customer experience center is beautiful, but completely underutilized.
    The PPS group is completely overpaid and redundant- especially marketing. CSA has three marketing departments for the same exact products!

ConsCSA is in the red every year. They have simply moved the CBS tactics to CSA and have been pruning off the old Oce people. Your job is constantly threatened by a bully mid-level sales manager.
    Canon USA looks at CSA as a dealer- and we are treated as such. Too much paperwork, no accountability from people who you need to close deals. HR department is a joke.
    Also, don't expect any top level positions unless you are Japanese. Racism abounds.
    They have restructured the payroll program twice in six months- shorting us two full paychecks "for the good of the company." What a crock of BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdhere to the Japanese standards you ram down out throats but REFUSE to follow yourselves. Show even a little respect for you employees. Stop pretending this is Japan- American workers do not share your beliefs that working for Canon is reward in itself. Pay what people are worth.

Digital Field Service Specialist

Digital Field Service Specialist (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

Prosa steady paycheck, quick turn around on expenses.

ConsIt's way over time till the upper management wakes up to the fact they spend all this money on training and don't realize that are driving away working assets that make the money for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the technicians take care of the customers and their copiers.

Worked for Canon Solutions America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canon Solutions America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canon Solutions America CEO Joe Adachi. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by Canon Solutions America employees.