Canon USA

www.usa.canon.com

Canon USA Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Canon USA – Melville – “Canon Americas Headquarters”

Canon USA President and CEO Joe Adachi

Joe Adachi

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits and good discounts on slow selling company photo and office products(in 9 reviews)

• Great products, with exposure to multiple industries(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Main problem is lack of communication with managment and with other departments when working on projects(in 5 reviews)

• Also, I think the upper management believes we are children in need of constant supervision(in 8 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So far so good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Itasca, IL

ProsFriendly staff, a relaxed or casual atmosphere, pays for courses, environmentally friendly, room to grow.

ConsLack of tools and resources to do our job effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have the employees backs and fight for our needs.

Good company, good people, very little room for growth

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsOver the years I can't think of a single person I've met at Canon that wasn't friendly, pleasant and professional. Decent sense of corporate unity or 'family'.

ConsLike a lot of medium-to-large sized companies today, VERY few of Canon's markets are in growth mode anymore. Without expansion, new positions are not created and career growth is extremely hard to accomplish.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not good for morale to see so many management positions go to "visitors" from Japan.

CANON USA

Network Technician (Current Employee) Itasca, IL

ProsThe hours are not very flexible and position does not have a backup person so work piles up in your absence.

ConsThe work is dull and routine. There is very little variation in day-to-day activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet engaged with technology plans and projects.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work!

Technical Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey appreciate their people. When the chips were down due to the turn in the economy, they took care of their employees. They offer average pay, but have great benefits. Nobody will get rich working at Canon, but they will enjoy the balance between work and home while being employed at the company. I had left for personal reasons, but years later still have very fond memories of my time at Canon USA.

ConsThe products Canon creates is not at the premium it once deserved. Towards the end of my time at Canon, there became a certain Xerox type of feeling permeating through the company. Some thought that the Canon products were so superior to the rest of the competition that many would pay the higher price to have the pleasure of owning a Canon product. During the past few years and the loss of a few big accounts, many still have that feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs with all companies, there are some people in management that should have been let go years ago. The best sales people and/or report writers are not always the best managers of people.

Would Not Recommend Canon As An Employer

National Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Proscamera and printer discounts for employees several times a year. Flexible schedule working from home does allow for latitude in home / work balance.

Conslow salaries and poor compensation packages....no career path whatsoever. Many incompetent managers and directors that have contempt for their own sales force. Canon always talks about "top tier" sales talent but never wants to pay for it....

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an honest look at yourselves...you need the right people in the right jobs....we need LEADERS, not people who manage tasks....anyone can do that.

Worked for Canon USA? Contribute to the Community!