Canon USA Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated June 24, 2014
2.7

Canon USA President and CEO Joe Adachi
Joe Adachi

Pros
  • Canon has great products and service, the color printing products are outstanding in the industry (in 11 reviews)

• Stable, conservative company that pays fairly and has good benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Main problem is lack of communication with managment and with other departments when working on projects (in 5 reviews)

• Also, I think the upper management believes we are children in need of constant supervision (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So far so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff, a relaxed or casual atmosphere, pays for courses, environmentally friendly, room to grow.

Cons

Lack of tools and resources to do our job effectively.

To have the employees backs and fight for our needs.

Good company, good people, very little room for growth

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Over the years I can't think of a single person I've met at Canon that wasn't friendly, pleasant and professional. Decent sense of corporate unity or 'family'.

Cons

Like a lot of medium-to-large sized companies today, VERY few of Canon's markets are in growth mode anymore. Without expansion, new positions are not created and career growth is extremely hard to accomplish.

It's not good for morale to see so many management positions go to "visitors" from Japan.

CANON USA

Current Employee - Network Technician in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are not very flexible and position does not have a backup person so work piles up in your absence.

Cons

The work is dull and routine. There is very little variation in day-to-day activities.

Get engaged with technology plans and projects.

Great Place to work!

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Marketing Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Canon USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They appreciate their people. When the chips were down due to the turn in the economy, they took care of their employees. They offer average pay, but have great benefits. Nobody will get rich working at Canon, but they will enjoy the balance between work and home while being employed at the company. I had left for personal reasons, but years later still have very fond memories of my time at Canon USA.

Cons

The products Canon creates is not at the premium it once deserved. Towards the end of my time at Canon, there became a certain Xerox type of feeling permeating through the company. Some thought that the Canon products were so superior to the rest of the competition that many would pay the higher price to have the pleasure of owning a Canon product. During the past few years and the loss of a few big accounts, many still have that feeling.

As with all companies, there are some people in management that should have been let go years ago. The best sales people and/or report writers are not always the best managers of people.

Would Not Recommend Canon As An Employer

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Canon USA

Pros

camera and printer discounts for employees several times a year. Flexible schedule working from home does allow for latitude in home / work balance.

Cons

low salaries and poor compensation packages....no career path whatsoever. Many incompetent managers and directors that have contempt for their own sales force. Canon always talks about "top tier" sales talent but never wants to pay for it....

Take an honest look at yourselves...you need the right people in the right jobs....we need LEADERS, not people who manage tasks....anyone can do that.

Canon USA Photos