Canon USA
www.usa.canon.com Lake Success, NY 5000+ Employees

Canon USA Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Canon USA – Melville – “Canon Americas Headquarters”

Canon USA President and CEO Joe Adachi

Joe Adachi

Pros:
  • "Pretty good benefits and good discounts on slow selling company photo and office products"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Brand name and some great products"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Main problem is lack of communication with managment and with other departments when working on projects"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Also, I think the upper management believes we are children in need of constant supervision"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

So far so good

Itasca, IL

ProsFriendly staff, a relaxed or casual atmosphere, pays for courses, environmentally friendly, room to grow.

ConsLack of tools and resources to do our job effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have the employees backs and fight for our needs.

Good company to work for

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Lake Success, NY

ProsLots of room for advancement.

ConsMedical benefits not that good.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive credit where credit is deserved

Stable Company and that's it!

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsStable and decent benefits, new office, decent business travel accommodations.

ConsSalary, poor management, poor HR skills, old business practices, creative atmosphere, over-priced cafeteria,

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees, hire qualified employees, improve salary and provide incentives to employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating working in the retail channels.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company, nice benefits, reasonable pay for work and travel. Great products, with exposure to multiple industries. There are some great people who are very compassionate, that work at this company.

ConsHQ cuts positions and then sees how that outcome affects the current business model. HQ is completely out of touch with the retail marketplace. Don't expect acceptance of creative, aggressive pricing. There are managers at HQ that have control of the business that have never sold anything, so the perspective is very narrow and limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetail business creates key accounts with leverage and has a positive multiplier affect on the dealer channel business. A cooperative, cohesive business model with the company subsidiary would increase your sales success.

Diverse culture, room for advancement and has growing divisions

Account Relations Representative (Former Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsFriendly co-workers, lots of personal growth classes offered..

Cons"By the book" management style slows down the work flow, leading to much frustration

The must knows

ProsExcellent stability and 401k program

ConsVery difficult to move into an upper management role.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to switch groups because happy people make stronger employees.

Great Products and people.

Sales Administrative Representative (Former Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsEmployees work together with ease.

ConsPay is not so great.

Dead End Job

Associate Specialist (Current Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsThe company name is impressive, my co-workers are nice people, the hours are not demanding, and the new HQ is very pretty. My boss is a nice guy... At least the one I have now. The benefits are ok.

ConsWhere to begin... I've worked here 8 years, and I've had about that many different bosses that I've had to try to impress. Each one has promised me a promotion if I do xyz, and then one of two things happens -- either I get a new boss who doesn't care what the old boss says, or the guy who told me to do xyz says, "Wellll, you did that, but you ALSO have to do abc." Whatever reasons they give me are all BS excuses. The real reasons I can't get ahead in this company is because I'm not Japanese and I don't brown nose. Doesn't matter how much responsibility I take on, how well I do my job, or how well I get along with everyone. I'm stuck in the world of low woman on the totem pole.
    Also, I think the upper management believes we are children in need of constant supervision. For instance, they removed chairs from the hallway because people were sitting there for their breaks. No one said anything. The chairs just disappeared for awhile. They've since been returned.
    Third, the cubicles are so tiny and the walls are low. I can hear EVERYTHING that's going on. And some people don't really have the courtesy to go into a conference room -- they'll just use their speaker phones right at their desks, which is very distracting and makes it very hard to work.
    The pay sucks, especially at my level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like adults. Promote people who are competent, not those who fake-laugh at your jokes. Flex time would be nice, or maybe the ability to work from home. I have a long commute, and when it snowed this winter, I had to use my personal time because I didn't see the point in risking my life to get to work. I could have done a lot of the work I missed right from home, and it would have been a lot more productive.

Job security for those with no career goals, Very slow promotion schedule for those who wish to excel.

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
    Lake Success, NY

ProsVery loyal to their employees.
    Good benefits. Decent Pay.

ConsVery hard to get promoted unless you plan on becoming a lifer!
    A LOT of dead weight, (people doing their jobs just well enough not to get fired).
    Managers run their department with scare tactics, and micro manage too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look around and recognize your achievers, give them the incentive to stay with you and get rid of those who drag the company down.

Great Internship Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Melville, NY

ProsGreat people to work with and the internship program really allows you to learn and experience your job structure. A great place to learn what corporate structure has to offer.

ConsNo casual friday dress attire

Worked for Canon USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canon USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canon USA CEO Joe Adachi. All 140 reviews posted anonymously by Canon USA employees.