Cantor Fitzgerald Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard W. Lutnick
Howard W. Lutnick

Pros
  • The firm values and rewards initiative and hard work (in 3 reviews)

• If you find a way to impress senior management, it could make your experience there a really good one (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours but pays off in the end (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours are expected and the benefits package leaves much to be desired - no 401k match, what (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Working Environment

Current Employee - Trade Support  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trade Support in New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly work enviornment, helpful co-workers and superiors, company is devoted to philanthropy and encourages workers to participate.

Cons

A lot of work at once, not many training opportunities for new employees.

It would be extremely valuable to incorporate a training program for new employees.

Fast paced and high energy place

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald

Pros

Lovely people to work with, enjoy the high energy of the place. Always work to be done so not bored at all.

Cons

Making themselves very lean lately, so not always enough people in certain areas left to get work done promptly.

Reviews need to be done better.

Mixed bag for IT professionals

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is very exciting and entrepreneurial which is great as a resume builder. The bonuses can be sizable.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is no review process so IT professionals don't receive raises. Bonuses are tied to your division's performance and unfortunately IT professionals aren't connected to the decision making process in management so bonuses are really out of your control.

Add a review process for IT staff and add a merit based salary increase policy to help retention.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros

Independence
    People
    Culture
    Freedom over schedule
    Business Development Opportunities

Cons

Lack of vision and coordination

Not perfect but great company with many opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial company/freedom
    Global platform
    Friendly and experienced employees

Cons

Large workload, hard work and long hours
    Salary generally below street and bonus comp structure not ideal
    Can be difficult and take a while to get things done internally

Welcoming and encouraging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are kind and very helpful. Even the stricter ones only motivate others to be efficient and work hard. It is a great atmosphere that I would definitely recommend. Very dignified and professional. I am proud to work here.

Cons

Not enough support for the marketing team. There is no marketing team in London and ours is often spread thin trying to help them as well as do the work for NY

REALLY BAD, STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Other than some good mid and lower level staff, I see no good reason to work for Cantor.

Cons

Ineffective (and very over sized) senior management team with no apparent understanding of how to run a company. Poor treatment of employees, unbelievable lack of benefits - no 401 K match, basically no company paid portion of health benefits, bonuses and raises are never what you would expect. The company values revenues today without having a long term view of their businesses/people. No clear direction / strategy is communicated to employees.

Your employees do not trust you. Many will leave the moment they can find another job. Many will accept same or lower pay just to not be part of your organization. Start by improving your benefit offerings so employees might feel like you care just a little bit in between your private jet flights and lavish dinners. Trim excessive high level management that are not really managing anything but are probably just eating into the bottom line. Also, please stop posting fake reviews. It is really obvious and pathetic. Just work on improving things so people don't post negative things here.

Fixed Income Trading

Former Employee - MBS Trading  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - MBS Trading in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people on desks and in support.
    Horizontal structure rewards those who bring in revenue
    Would recommend to those looking to get into the street and build relationships then move on. Not a place to stick around long term.

Cons

Lack of identity and comraderie
    Management seems out of touch with rest of the employees
    Employees are constantly sold on hope and change in the future only to be disappointed over and over
    False promises from management including balance sheet exposure, raises, bonuses, new hires
    Internal affairs are constantly in flux due to lack of structure.
    Known as one of the last partnerships on the street, although only one partner makes decisions (HWL).
    Partnership major detriment to growth. Older salesforce wont leave because they wont be paid out their partnership shares. Management wont fire unproductive salesforce because they dont want to pay out shares. Instead they move accounts around and hope everybody meets their draw.
    Because of the partnership internal growth is VERY LIMITED for junior employees (who already make less than most of the street)
    Very cheap when it comes to employee benefits, development, every day lifestyle

Bite the bullet with some of the salesforce. Need a rotation into hungrier emplyees who WANT to learn, be aggressive, and grow business. Not just sitting there collecting checks
    Create some development from within the company. Not constantly hiring from outside who dont fit environment.
    It wouldnt hurt for Howard to have a presence on the floor every once in a while instead of just faking it on charity day (think Ace Greenberg).
    Culture starts at the top.

OK

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Cantor Fitzgerald full-time for more than a year

Pros

you can work independently. No formal Process involved once initial authorization provided. you can learn new stuff. lot of technologies are being used here.

Cons

No work life balance. No flexibility in working hours. benefits are not good. no rise in salaries. Bonus components are bad.

keep the flexibility in working hours and productivity will increase a lot. I saw lots of iteration in finance department and it increase the cost of the company. Direct cost may not be high. But Cantor has huge indirect cost and causing the productivity loss.

If you love it, go for it

Former Employee - Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Cantor Fitzgerald as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This review is for a summer internship. My managers were very friendly and I honestly experienced very little of the "boy's club" attitude that I'd expected to find on Wall St. Had I been more interested in banking, I think I could have gotten a LOT of of this. People are generally approachable and willing to help.

Cons

The work simply wasn't for me. Not very intellectually stimulating.

Worked for Cantor Fitzgerald? Contribute to the Community!