Cantor Fitzgerald

Cantor Fitzgerald Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard W. Lutnick

Howard W. Lutnick

Pros
  • The firm values and rewards initiative and hard work(in 3 reviews)

• If you find a way to impress senior management, it could make your experience there a really good one(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours but pays off in the end(in 9 reviews)

• Long hours are expected and the benefits package leaves much to be desired - no 401k match, what(in 4 reviews)

Not perfect but great company with many opportunities

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEntrepreneurial company/freedom
    Global platform
    Friendly and experienced employees

ConsLarge workload, hard work and long hours
    Salary generally below street and bonus comp structure not ideal
    Can be difficult and take a while to get things done internally

Welcoming and encouraging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are kind and very helpful. Even the stricter ones only motivate others to be efficient and work hard. It is a great atmosphere that I would definitely recommend. Very dignified and professional. I am proud to work here.

ConsNot enough support for the marketing team. There is no marketing team in London and ours is often spread thin trying to help them as well as do the work for NY

OK

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou can work independently. No formal Process involved once initial authorization provided. you can learn new stuff. lot of technologies are being used here.

ConsNo work life balance. No flexibility in working hours. benefits are not good. no rise in salaries. Bonus components are bad.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the flexibility in working hours and productivity will increase a lot. I saw lots of iteration in finance department and it increase the cost of the company. Direct cost may not be high. But Cantor has huge indirect cost and causing the productivity loss.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you love it, go for it

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis review is for a summer internship. My managers were very friendly and I honestly experienced very little of the "boy's club" attitude that I'd expected to find on Wall St. Had I been more interested in banking, I think I could have gotten a LOT of of this. People are generally approachable and willing to help.

ConsThe work simply wasn't for me. Not very intellectually stimulating.

Unimpressed with my department head.

Municipal Bond Broker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery friendly workplace and easy to get along with others.

ConsThere was no communication between co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the department more and offer ideas for improvement.

Don't believe any of the hype or propaganda, it's an absolute farce

Managing Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you need a job, go for it. It sounds ok from the outside, but beware and go in eyes wide open.

Cons1) As with majority of organizations, it all starts with senior management and sets the tone. Not good here
    2) It's an absolute revolving door. Every time they say "we are hiring 200 people" they don't mention the MASSIVE turnover with more than that departing.
    3) The "partnership" is an absolute joke. Good luck trying to get out of it.
    4) They try to live off the goodwill of 9/11, which for those that know the facts is a farce.
    5) Following #4, benefits are not subsidized whatsoever. Health insurance costs are the same as COBRA.

Advice to Senior Management1) Employees are your most important asset - treat them appropriately. Don't nickel and dime on EVERYTHING. You've had some excellent people in the past from time to time, but long gone once things figured out. .
    2) Recognize accomplishments - treat your employees appropriately. Don't play games or misrepresent to your employees. There's more to life than Howie and his slickness.
    3) Don't pretend to be in businesses that you are not. Not a full service investment bank by any metric.
    4) Stop having HR or insiders plant glowing reports - its so far from actuality and reality makes it completely unbelievable.
    5) Take these points into consideration, and figure out a way to improve morale.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were none. It helps one see what they do not want to deal with from an employer.

ConsPoor environment - no growth. Hostile work place.

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbest structure and support out there.

Conslong hours but pays off in the end

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Workplace

Equity Trade Support (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat place to work, good guys to work with and ok pay

Conslots of hours and no overtime pay at all, bonus very small and no raises for years

Advice to Senior Managementgive your employees raises who work hard, promote from within

I enjoyed my time there

ProsFree lunch and snacks everyday. Nice People

ConsWasn't the most fun working atmosphere

Worked for Cantor Fitzgerald? Contribute to the Community!