Capax Global

John Baiocco

Excellent Enterprise Software Development

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management is very responsive to my personal situation. They pick contracts based on my current skills, desired learning opportunities, travel requirements and time constraints. They are very willing to work with me to find the best fit.

You can work as much or as little as you want. They have some projects that require extreme time constraints, and others with average. I've found that even in the extreme contracts there will always be lulls in the work (after deadline has been met) where you can have a chance to breathe and recharge your batteries.

On all projects they emphasize best practices and use the latest & greatest technology whenever possible. I am keeping up on all the latest technology just by going to work! However, the solutions are always about the right tool for the job, so sometimes you will need to interact with old, outdated systems/technology.

There are incredibly smart people at the company you can always call upon for advice - including literally the best people in disciplines such as Exchange, Autonomy, MS SQL and more. Microsoft has Capax as one it's top 5 consulting firms...#1 in areas like SQL I believe.

I have learned so much about software development working here, and seems to be learning more every couple months.

Cons

Sometimes you get stuck between software bugs and a deadline which can lead to very stressful/long weeks, but that seems to be par when working on *enterprise* software development contracts - at least in my experience.

None.

Long hours, high-stress, incompetent managers, anal retentive

Former Employee - Senior Web Applications Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Web Applications Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capax Global as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Get to work with cutting-edge technology.
    Company tries to apply current best practices

Cons

Managers were software developers who have no leadership skills. My project lead can be nice at times but has a very hot temper and will turn on a dime. My tech lead was very unapproachable and unhelpful. He was rather domineering and rude at times. He hands you a enormous codebase that has been developed over years and expects you to be an expert at it in a week with no documentation and no help from him. They are very arrogant and think they're poop don't stink, yet they have had failed projects in the past that almost caused them to lose a client.

They are extremely anal about every thing. There is little room for creativity. You're basically a code monkey. They have very strict coding practices. It takes away the enjoyment of why you got into coding in the first place. Expect long hours, 60+/week. Very fast-paced. You can easily get burned out. Expect to not get much sleep; meanwhile they expect you to be bright eyed and attentive, even if you only got 4 hours of sleep the prior night.

On the flip side, they are working with the latest technology, so you can stay current.

Learn how to manage people properly. Act professional.

Capax Global respects their employees and recognizes and promotes a healthy work/life balance

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A technical company that appreciates and values your technical accomplishments and abilities.

Cons

none that come to mind

fantastic leadership

Technically superior talent with strong work ethics

Current Employee - Customer Delivery and Management
    Current Employee - Customer Delivery and Management

I have been working at Capax Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Delivery and management teams are the best in their field - perfect company for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

If you are prefer to be tightly managed and require a lot of structure this is not the place for you.

Top notch people

I have been working at Capax Global

Pros

Some of the best and brightest software developers work at Capax. Everyone I met is top notch.

Cons

Things can get rather hectic.