Capco

Capco Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert

Rob Heyvaert

Pros
  • Good knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot(in 6 reviews)

• Easy access to senior people who you can learn a lot from(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This is all they want to do in the future so if you join now do not expect management consulting(in 10 reviews)

• Doesn't have the infrastructure of a big consulting firm (which is also a plus)(in 8 reviews)

Staff augmentation dressed up like consulting

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey still pay in US dollars.

ConsCapco's problems are so many they could fill a short novel, so these are just the highlights:

- Capco is emphatically not a management consultancy, or even a consultancy. It is a lower-end staff augmentation firm in the first stage of grief. Though HR, senior management, and corporate leadership will staunchly deny this, a cursory look at Capco's projects will tell you the truth.

- Most of the employees are downright repulsive. Bottom of the barrel, desperate, sleazy - many of them worked at a former consultancy (BP) that went bankrupt for exactly the same lack of ethics, direction, and quality. Almost all the talented employees have already left the company after seeing the writing on the wall.

- Not even a little meritocratic. Skilled Associates and Consultants are routinely passed over for promotion in favor of sycophants and lackies. I know Associates with MBAs, CFAs, advanced degrees from Ivy Leagues (or close to them), and I know PCs and MPs who barely speak English. It's incredible the amount of politics in one small, backward company. The rampant favoritism has contributed to an incredibly high turnover rate, in addition to the bad benefits, bad pay, and zero development. I can't stress this enough: if you are not in the "in" crowd, you're not getting promoted.

Overall, Capco is bad for your wallet, bad for your resume, and, most of all, bad for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending you're an elite, NYC headquartered management consultancy when you're nothing of the sort. Capco is a second-rate staff aug firm owned by a mediocre tech giant from Jacksonville, Florida. Period.

Good place to work; good culture, supports innovation entrepreneurship

ProsGreat work environment, with a niche focus on financial servcies

ConsNot as well known as the big four; Brand enhancement is not given as much priority as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on brand enhancement through visible intellectual capital contribution to industry

Associate assessment process is unfair

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood learning environment
    Professional behavior

ConsUnfair assessment for junior positions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Staff Augmentation

ProsYou get a finance nametag

ConsYou work in a Psuedo Sweatshop

Steer Clear

Prosfree water and snacks (occasionally)

ConsEverything but the free water and snacks. Management? what management? "meritocracy" hah!, most hired are all part of an incest pool. Family members or relatives/friends of "CEO's"/Partners get hired and promoted.

Advice to Senior Managementgive up already. The CEO/Founder is the only true executive. The other Partners/"CEO's" are useless tools. Many like to send out emails about themselves.....no one cares

Stay away!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros- The strong culture they talk about is largely Happy Hours and odd, somewhat mandatory company events where old partners can hit on junior staff.
    - not necessary to demonstrate professional behavior to get ahead, the most senior people succeed despite offensive behavior and comments.

Cons- Not a consultancy no matter what they say in recruitment, it is an outsourcing company.
    - rampant favouritism. only sycophants and coat-tail hangers get ahead. Most have followed a boss from another company to this one.
    - no commitment to company or employees, just blatant self-interest on the part of leaders.
    - a very small and unstable organization so no professional development, meaningful work or future.
    -Most people are using it as a stepping stone to Big 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. The only interest senior management has is some big pay day next year as a result of being bought by FIS.

A fun company to work for

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCulture of the company is great

ConsProjects are not very interesting

Great opportunity

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat environment, very social and lots of energy.

ConsFast growth brings in a wide array of people and there are some who are much weaker.

Advice to Senior ManagementTougher interview and screening criteria

Wonderful Culture where you can be yourself.

Managing Principal (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat leadership, family oriented, fast paced, wonderful people, very new age, very creative

ConsLots of travel, somewhat stressful when not assigned to a project

Spinoff of BearingPoint company lives up to its reputation

Project Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat consulting firm, similar culture to BearingPoint and Accenture

ConsMust be flexible to work in out of state locations, some on opposite side of country you are in. Must be willing to travel up to 100%

Advice to Senior ManagementCapco hires very skilled, experienced professionals who are high performers

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!