Capco Reviews

274 reviews filtered by
3.3
Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert
Rob Heyvaert

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty dependent on client, I saw both sides of that (in 8 reviews)

• Good knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Glorified body shop that does staff augmentation work (in 13 reviews)

• You time off/ work life balance is the lowest priority (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The energy is contagious!

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

The old saying, you get out of it what you put into it is absolutely true. After being "sold" to Capco last year I had to start over with a new company. I've had more praise, recognition, awards and opportunities in the past year than I had in the last 5 years at my previous company. The ability to get involved in areas that interest you is a great motivator and gives me the boost in my career that I didn't even realize was lacking.

I've seen first hand, the integrity of the Partners who have backed up employees against unrealistic expectations from a client.

Medical insurance policies offered come with a zero deductible.

Cons

If you struggle with networking, you will have a challenge.

There is a great deal of growth right now and at times it will seem disorganized. If you have little patience or require more rigor and structure, it might not be the right place for you. You will need to be more agile.

Consider a re-leveling plan for employees who have been acquired after 6-12 months.

2. Capco is a great place to work. The company promotes learning, rewards hard work and encourages fitness and health.

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work is challenging but rewarding, there is a strong sense of community in my department and smaller teams have each other's back.

Cons

You have to be self-motivated to work here. If you're a go-getter you will thrive, if not, not so much.

3. 3 years and still going

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities if you can deliver at the client and build relationships

Cons

Opportunities for more organization in corporate

keep doing what you're doing

5. Entrepreneurial spirit. Open door policy.

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

On my third day at Capco, I submitted a socially conscious business idea to the CEO of Capco's UK subsidiary, Bold Rocket. Within a week, I was honing my idea with the COO. By the time a month and half passed I was given approval to work on the project I submitted, full time. I was given funding, resources, expertise, and full support to launch a company within Capco. Capco competes with the likes of the big four and traditional consulting firms however, it is nothing like them. Capco's size allows them to be agile and adapt to changing business conditions rapidly. Positive workplace conditions - like a loft style office, lenient dress code, and friendly atmosphere - are yielding an innovative and optimistic culture.

Cons

I heard the London office is getting scooters and NY isn't. Also, the mid morning snacks are devoured too quickly.

Keep promoting workplace flexibility and allowing your people to follow their passions.

6. Ein guter Arbeitgeber, der viele Möglichkeiten bietet.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sehr gutes Arbeitsklima und sehr flache Hierarchie. Mitarbeiter werden sehr geschätzt und weitergebildet durch interne und externe Trainings. Wer möchte kann sich schnell weiterentwicklen.

Cons

Das starke Wachstum ist nicht für jeden geeignet und stellt insbesondere interne Abteilungen vor Herausforderungen.

Keine - das Unternehmen ist sehr gut und international aufgestellt, was enormes Potenzial in der Zukunft bietet.

Very loyal and open to ideas, though contribution can be overlooked

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Capco has been very good to my family and myself. If you are interested in a raise or see it as a necessity for you and your family, they will listen. Also, they are open to move you onto different projects if you request it and gain project leadership support. There are a lot of opportunities to show your strengths and contribute.

Cons

You have to be willing to SPEAK UP because your message or ideas can be crowded by the constant change and growth capco is experiencing. The action falls to you to promote your ideas and get yourself recognized for your accomplishments.

Start educating employees on how to access those below them and provide better performance feedback.

Good people

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Smart caring people doing good work.

Cons

Don't always walk the talk, no work-life balance -- but they try. Not all work is interesting.

Not all top leaders fit the culture... Take a good, hard look.

Just awesome

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Just awesome
    Very inspiring
    Too many opportunities
    Awesome peers
    Brilliant projects

Cons

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

Don't change it so often..

Great company to work for, fair compensation, challenging environment that rewards performance, great coaching structure

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Personal growth related to training, open leadership and communication, great vacation, sick, paternity policies, work life balance

Cons

Single industry focus, resource modelling is complicated and time consuming,

Keep doing what you are doing, especially around building the retention policies, career growth for non-partner level positions

Great Experience at Capco

Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great People, Assignments can be very challenging, fair compensation, management is very open, focus on a single industry - Financial Services

Cons

It is a consulting company - be prepared to travel, some assignments will not be rewarding, the parent company, FIS, does not have the same entrepreneurial drive as Capco

Set a clear direction and have everyone heading in that direction - even if you are not sure that it is the right direction. Find the few people with entrepreneurial zeal and let them explore. Most people want clear direction but you need to give a few people the opportunity to explore and fail to find the future path for Capco.