Capco Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
273 reviews filtered by

Great Experience at Capco

Current Employee - Managing Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great People, Assignments can be very challenging, fair compensation, management is very open, focus on a single industry - Financial Services

Cons

It is a consulting company - be prepared to travel, some assignments will not be rewarding, the parent company, FIS, does not have the same entrepreneurial drive as Capco

Set a clear direction and have everyone heading in that direction - even if you are not sure that it is the right direction. Find the few people with entrepreneurial zeal and let them explore. Most people want clear direction but you need to give a few people the opportunity to explore and fail to find the future path for Capco.

Do you know the U.S. executives?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the employees outside of C-Level leadership are actually cool. You can make lots of friendships that will continue when you no longer work there. The global CEO is also great. Don't trust the U.S. CEO or COO to have your back.

Cons

If you are not best friends with the U.S. COO then your days are numbered. In order to keep your job, regardless of the phenomenal work that you are doing, you need to be family friends with an executive or a favorite of the top three guys.

Would not wish an experience of working here on anybody...You will be beyond stressed out and feeling like each day could be your last.

Value your employees. If you are not going to value them then don't bother hiring them in the first place. Get your egos out of the way...it is not attractive to people.

Inspired like I have never been in my career

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Capco has just hosted their first annual Regional Employee Forum. We had three days of the most inspirational leadership, guest speakers, and amazing colleagues. And it was all fun - a non-stop amazing time from start to finish.

Cons

Working for Capco comes with the highest possible expectations - you'll find yourself more driven than ever. If you want to take it easy at work, this is not the right place for you.

People want to win and succeed for you - keep stoking the fire that you re-started at the Regional Employee Forum!

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Literally NOTHING. Pure Bodyshop. 0 consulting. Avoid at all costs. Odd culture unlike any I have ever seen in my 30 years years in the industry. HR "business Partners" are an utter joke. She lies to your face all day long. Learning team is a joke too. They post on the company blog begging people to put positive reviews on this site. That says it all. Avoid at any & all costs. Anything is better than this sham of a company. they hire anyone off the street and lie to them and bait & swtich into nonsense roles that interns can do. HR puts the positive reviews on here and it is a known fact. The head of HR responds to negative reviews here. What a clown show. Pure 100% staffing agency & outsourcing firm with an awful reputation at the "clients." Partners lie all day to you and don't respond to you. Back office platform change work. No strategy at all anywhere. "projects" are 80 person implementations that no reputable firm would ever bid for. Hiring spree is downright disgusting by the outsourcing firm with their lying. 0 pipeline exists

Cons

There is a culture of lying here and its sending people out the door fast & furious. Don't be fooled by all the hiring. People are quitting left & right because of the treatment & lying of this place. You are a body at a bank doing whatever they don't want to do as its cheaper for this sham company to do. Paper pushing is the primary project here. PMO is an utter joke & the Testing roles here are merely sad. No career advancement. Do yourself a flavor and not apply here like I sadly did 12 months ago. This shop is going down very fast. ULTIMATE CAREER SUICIDE. PURE 10000% body shop. For any role you must speak with the client as capco does not have project teams anywhere. Bodies strewn about...thats how bad this place is. to get anywhere here you must kiss partners behinds & set up dumb initiatives that nobody cares about.

A culture of lying & more lying during recruitment will hurt you down the line. Be upfront about PMO/TECH & the nonsense that you call "projects" You place bodies wherever there is an opening with 0 regard to anyone's careers. Tell potential employees that they will also need to interview for any role as this is staff augmentation & not consulting. What a scam. Clients do not trust this place and make every resource interview....thats how bad this place is.

Great place to begin a career in finance

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Diversity
    - Great Culture
    - Flat Structure
    - Innovative Mentality
    - Good work/life balance
    - Exposure to tier 1 clients

Cons

- True strategy projects are few and far between
    - Project assignments tend to be quite long relative to common consulting practice

A place that succeeds because it invests in its people

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

What is great about Capco is the people. Everyone is friendly and fits well together. Capco took the entire north american region to puerto rico as part of the regional employee forum (REF) . The experience was phenomenal. I learned that it was not just my team that had great people, but the entire organization. What differentiates Capco is the innovative, forward thinking, and entrepreneurial talent. Capco continues to grow because they are doing something right, investing in their people.

If you want to have colleagues that genuinely care about helping you succeed, then you should look to Capco. No matter what your job is, if the people around you are not great, then you will not want to do great work. Capco people are the reason I go to work in the morning; they work hard and bring positive energy to the work environment.

Capco is a very flat organization. Unlike the hierarchies that exist in most big consulting firms, senior management is very engaged with its people. Networking is encouraged in the organization.

The medium size appeal of Capco is great. Capco is not small enough where the company could fail, but not so big as that your job could be consolidated. You can navigate your career and actually be recognized in the firm instead of being lost amongst the masses.

Great associate training program. The focus on learning is what drew me to Capco. Capco wants to make you a better consultant and provides opportunities to grow.

Cons

Capco is only financial services.
    Depending on the project, work/life balance can be difficult if you are traveling a lot.

Provide more options for project alignment

Very nice company to work for and I am very satisfied! I have a Career at this company.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My company has alllowed me to travel abroad to work on Global Financial Projects. I really enjoy the people I work with. Great Benefits and I can honestly say that I have a great work-life balance. I usually travel and I enjoy it. Some people may not enjoy travelling, but that is part of the JOB. I have attended two employee forums in three years. One in London and one in Puerto Rico. It is nice to see where this company is headed.

Cons

I would not call it too much of a downside, but as with any growing company there are some growing pains. No company is perfect, but as long as you work hard and be proactive then there is nothing that an employee cannot overcome. If you want to slack off and be lazy then I am sure any company will seem unpleasant. I am not a huge fan of employee happy hours, and would prefer more of an activity based or sports event as I am not a heavy drinker, but that is just my opinion. Employee performance reviews need to be overhauled, and I am sure they are looking into this.

Be the voice of the employees. Admit mistakes when they are made, and continue to grow. Management needs to realize there is alot of untapped talent at this company.

Wonderful People, Culture and Collaboration - Unlimited Opportunities for Those Who Dare!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined Capco less than a year ago in their Technology Practice and I am really excited by the opportunities I was given. It is inspiring to work for a company that focuses on rediscovering the financial services and disrupting the current status quo. It is a meritocracy like many other consulting organizations, with great entrepreneurial spirit, challenging and pushing you to think differently and deliver more creative solutions for which you will be rewarded adequately. For those looking for opportunities and willing to make the extra mile, this is a great place to start and see, if you can keep up the pace. It is not for the faint-hearted, should not be expecting a quick gain, if you are not willing to give something in return.

Cons

Work/life balance is not always ideal, but that is not generally continuing throughout the project. I would say it is fair and firm, it is up to you to decide and see, if you can handle the challenges. It makes you work smarter, increases your efficiency and expertise to stay abreast and be able to deliver quicker, thus keeping your marketing skills sharper. If you think pastures are greener elsewhere, you are welcome to try it, but I am sure you will realize that might not be the case when you look at the risk/reward at the end.

Keep up the great work - for half a year I saw already so many changes that I would argue many other companies could be prouder. The Architect career path to the regular Manager path was a great addition. The investment in training and support is outstanding. The sky is the limit and it is up to the individual to decide how to benefit from it. Recently came back from the Regional Employee Forum or REF - great venue, awesome organization and outstanding external speakers. How many companies do something like this for their employees nowadays at this scale? It is a great vote of confidence that inspires your soul and makes you reach new peaks! Hats off to the Senior Leadership and L&D teams for putting their employees as the #1 asset to succeed in this dynamic world forming the future of finance and many other industries!

Great place to work for people who like to speak their mind

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Capco is a great place to work for young professionals with innovative ideas who think about changing current processes into something more efficient. The leadership team is accessible and most of them are friendly and fun.

Cons

Back office needs to work harder towards more efficient placement of resources. Compensation should be increased and made variable according to the location the employee is based out of

Invest in technology based resources. The only way you can form the future of finance is by developing innovative products and move beyond consulting. Otherwise it is doing just what any other consulting firm is doing

Exactly how it should be

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Capco is an environment that pushes you to be more and expand yourself to be bigger and better. The people who get upset and leave, as I have seen over the past 5+ years, are people who wanted a more prescribed path in their career. Find what you want to do here, and it's available.

This is consulting. Expect some short term engagements when clients just need some specific help. Expect a few long term ones when there's a lot of work to do. Expect some projects that have an easier work schedule and some worse, expect that some nights will be long when it's crunch time. This is the joy of consulting, it's different all the time and you can do so much.

"Build your own brand" goes a long way here. Who do you want to be known as? If you work for that promotion you want, or that salary you want, or that responsibility on the project, it'll come to you. If you go through the motions and do nothing to set yourself apart, you can't expect at any employer that something will change for you.

Showing effort here goes a long way. Make professional connections across the industry. Work for what you want.

Cons

From talking with friends at other consulting firms, and even in other industries, Capco doesn't really have any unique drawbacks. It's a smaller consulting firm, so sometimes you'll be out of your comfort zone. Capco has grown very quickly over the past few years, so sometimes the back office can be a bit confusing to deal with as it's also grown quickly to support. Sometimes there won't be any projects in your field of interest and you have to do something you don't want to for a while. None of that is a deal breaker for what is a good place to be.

Back office could use some work to make life easier for consultants in the field.

Also realize that most times, only the unhappy people complain, and when they're unhappy they will embellish.