Capco Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Associate

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Capco has a great work environment, that is very motivating and encouraging for employees. The leadership and camaraderie is unlike any other professional company I've ever been apart of. They have a unique program unlike any other in that along with a global presence, Capco has a GROW program. The GROW program enables employees to relocate to any of the other offices after a full year of employment.

Cons

The downside of Capco along with any consulting job is the pressure to stay billable. That comes with the consulting job of just having to deal with the pressure and desire to constantly be billable in the industry.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to reach out to younger consultants in the company to get them involved in the higher level processes of the business to better prepare them for the future.

Great Financial Services Consulting Company

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Capco has a truly wonderful culture of mentorship. If you prove yourself to be a smart, hard-working individual who is invested in the company, the partners will go out of their way to help you succeed.

Cons

If you're interested in a wider-view of the consulting industry--and are not truly passionate about the financial services industry--you may find Capco's work to be a bit limited. They work exclusively with financial services firms, and the vast majority of the projects are run-the-bank or technology integration work. It can be under stimulating for those that don't care about this.

Advice to Management

It would behoove Capco to design a system which better matches Capco's talent and resources with the projects/roles available. Sometimes, people can get placed on projects where their interests/talents are under utilized, which can result in employee dissatisfaction.

Capco is a great place to work. The company promotes learning, rewards hard work and encourages fitness and health.

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is challenging but rewarding, there is a strong sense of community in my department and smaller teams have each other's back.

Cons

You have to be self-motivated to work here. If you're a go-getter you will thrive, if not, not so much.

3 years and still going

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities if you can deliver at the client and build relationships

Cons

Opportunities for more organization in corporate

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Working at this company as given me an opportunity to grow.

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at Capco is the unique office culture. The strong culture makes you want to contribute for greater success for the company.

Cons

It is difficult to feel apart of the company when not located at the main office in NYC. Most events and opportunities are in NYC.

Advice to Management

Allow for consultants to experience a diverse clientele.

Better than the competitors

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to make a difference and impact performance. Access to partners is great. Compensation is competitive. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Benefits are barely average. Back office is not very good (although there have been some improvements). Over the past few months, backslide in things like e-mail and mobile access to internal systems. Some inconsistent messages from leadership on occasion. Extremely high demands on time/long working hours.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong culture, and reward well to avoid attrition. Resist the pull of FIS to move Capco to restrictive and innovation-killing policies, environments, and support systems.

It is what you make it

I have been working at Capco

Pros

All the good comments in the reviews are true. You can can have a good experience, just make the effort. Everything else is just noise.

Cons

Again...the reviews aren't all wrong. This place isn't for everyone. The petty cliques like to throw their weight around, but they are mere factions....

Advice to Management

First: keep up the good work. Keep focusing on what WORKS. Second: stop talking like you're McKinsey or a tech start up. You finally made it on the radar, now work your way up honestly. Top talent sees you a mile away and it's YOUR job to put them to good use, don't get complacent now.....they WILL leave.

Entrepreneurial spirit. Open door policy.

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On my third day at Capco, I submitted a socially conscious business idea to the CEO of Capco's UK subsidiary, Bold Rocket. Within a week, I was honing my idea with the COO. By the time a month and half passed I was given approval to work on the project I submitted, full time. I was given funding, resources, expertise, and full support to launch a company within Capco. Capco competes with the likes of the big four and traditional consulting firms however, it is nothing like them. Capco's size allows them to be agile and adapt to changing business conditions rapidly. Positive workplace conditions - like a loft style office, lenient dress code, and friendly atmosphere - are yielding an innovative and optimistic culture.

Cons

I heard the London office is getting scooters and NY isn't. Also, the mid morning snacks are devoured too quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting workplace flexibility and allowing your people to follow their passions.

Capco benefits

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Good health benefits, generous vacation days, unlimited sick days, friendly environment

Cons

Merging with FIS by end of this year and have already started seeing lots of corporate enforcement in the culture. The nice thing about Capco as a boutique consulting company was not to deal with all the corporate non-sense.

I love the culture here

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least on my current project, people are friendly, respectful and helpful.

Cons

Haven't seen any critical Cons yet.

Advice to Management

Always keep an open mind and be a good listener. Most importantly, be fair.

RSS Feed </> Embed