Capgemini

Capgemini Reviews in Burbank, CA

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences(in 219 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work(in 188 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes(in 76 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management(in 57 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Experience greatly depends on projects and managers you work with

(Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat learning experiences, you can assume leadership responsibilities(note - the responsibilities, not the position!) very quickly, big name clients and really interesting projects. Opportunity to meet a lot of different people not just within the company but also in the client companies. If you are open to travel , it is even better

ConsNo work life balance. Highly political(La office) A number of people I worked with in my team were juniors on a visa who had no idea how to deal with people and were very focused not on doing a good job but avoiding responsibilities for mistakes they made. Leadership especially in the Los Angeles area seems content on getting the job done, instead of weeding out poor performers or encouraging good performers. Being promoted comes down to whether you are on good terms with your manager. I have seen a number of people totally mismanage a team, heard them claiming credit for an issue somebody else in the team fixed (in meetings where that person is not invited), managers not giving out all the info required for the team to do a job and then coming in at the last moment with the missing information and looking like a hero in front of the client etc.
    If you can play the game in a political environment, then go for it. Most people I know prefer to walk away with their sanity intact, which is what I also did.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know there are certain offices where people love working for Capgemini. Why not find out what makes them tick and implement that in all offices?

Very poorly managed organization

Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsOn occasion you run into really talented people!

ConsMost of the time one is working with untrained jr. associates who are struggling and are not motivated. The organization does not hire for talent. No career progression. A lack of professional project execution methodologies. Poor value to the client. Severe lack of work life balance. Extreme politics. Frequent indiscriminate behaviors on the part of "Sr. Leadership."

Great Experience

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat people. Honest, hard working and supportive

ConsFew cons such as Compensation and lack of people development

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus needed on people development

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunities for those who really want it bad enough

Staff Consultant (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

Prosnot the standard it job - you get to wear different hats and you can make your work as challenging or easy as you want it to be. Of course - performance reviews will look at how many challenges you took on in addition to your regular role.salary seems ok compared to other regular IT firms, but may be on the lower end when compared to other consulting companies.

ConsDepends on a few big clients. Need additional training programs and more involved on boarding process. You feel totally lost the first 1 or 2 months if you are new to consulting. work life balance is hard to maintain depending on client.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more approachable and open.

Capgemini offers some career growth, flexibility and good employee benefits.

Consultant (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsOverall, the biggest pro to working for Capgemini has been the opportunity to move into new positions and learn new skills.

ConsWorking in the outsourcing sector, unfortunately lends itself to limitations since most of the jobs are being sent to colleagues offshore. This also lends itself to little or no upward mobility for those of us on assignment onshore, who have been working the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive opportunity for growth (salary and level-wise) for ALL consultants, not just recent college-grads or offshore resources.

Weak outlook for the company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsBetter compensation compared to most other companies.

ConsOther organization-wide ERP projects very few projects. Lot of dependence on few big clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more clients on West Coast

Misleading

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsFor your own good do not work in outsourcing model. Companies like deliotte are much better options then capgemini. Sucks

ConsEmployees are over worked and underappreciated. Expect to work odd hours. 14 to 16 hour days. They is no team concept as they preach.

Great Place to Work, but no Life/Work balance!

Consultant (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

Pros- Great projects and customers
    - Good salaries
    - Non-hierarchical, easy access to Sr. Managers, VPs, Principals

Cons- Prepare to work hard (but not party hard) - yes, you will not see you house during daylight most likely
    - If you are on the bench, you have to work hard to get a project
    - Benefits are pretty bad
    - Travel and Expense policies are strict and non-permissive

Advice to Senior Management- Better communication downstream
    - Positive feedback and encouragement
    - Better ways to support people working overtime (e.g., time off, work from home...)

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!