Capgemini

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.1 1,961 reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences(in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work(in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes(in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management(in 58 reviews)

1,961 Employee Reviews

A time of growth and hardwork

Prosmany opportunities if youre willing to take risks and change direction

ConsA lot of long hours and less pay

Where there are gaps in management, there are open ears.

Project Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople in management may not be perfect (like anywhere else), but what I have found is that the leadership is more than willing to listen and learn from its employees.

Fun environment, great, genuine people.

Proactive and driven employees, you have control over your own career, lots of opportunities for travel.

ConsSalary could be better.

Travel could get taxing, but that is the consulting world. Some contracts require less travel, and management are open to your feedback/wishes on what your ideal situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to communicate and give feedback before it is necessary/requested.

Not worth the time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere really wasn't much other than the alternative travel options when you were on a client travel project.

ConsThe absolute lack of interest in the newly hired associate consultants in the FS group.
    The "training program" that is an absolute offense to be called that.
    The fact they can't even retain most of the training program classes even with the hefty fines for leaving before the agreed time in the contract.
    Absolutely horrible work environment, lack of pride in work from the majority of employees who aren't the developers-just there for the ride.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour straight out of college hires are NOT happy in FS, they always leave. Your HR no longer tries to discuss why they're unhappy in exit interviews because they already know. There needs to be serious accountability and competitiveness in many aspects of the program if you don't want to keep losing them to competitors or other industries from their disillusionment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poorly managed

Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood vacation benefits. Work from home is frequently allowed.

ConsPoor management, poor employee morale, no job satisfaction, few opporunities for advancement, poor compensation and recognition programs, excessive focus on sales with insufficient focus on delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish criteria for good management other than sales. Demonstrate stated corporate values. Create more job levels to generate more opportunity for advancement.

Good place to start off at straight from undergrad

Staff Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-very nice people
    -exposure to different industries and clients

Cons-sometimes there is a lack of direction

Lack of structure and unskilled management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic coo workers which made coming into the office fun

ConsNot enough projects, management are unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management

Good experience with good work life

ProsMulti National Corporate brand with origins in France. Doesn't create too much of work pressure. Managers don't over load employees with work

ConsSogeti doesn't offer on-site travel. Limited project in the Sogeti business unit. Maintenance project rather than development and new projects

Advice to Senior ManagementGive on-site travel opportunity for Sogeti employees too.

Great company if you don't mind traveling.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVariety and the opportunities to learn new technologies.

ConsTravel and very obscure growth path.

Capgemini

ProsGet to Work from home on Fridays

ConsLack of visibility to openings on other projects

Good company but less projects in US

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork culture and ERP opportunities. You can visit Europe :) as most of their projects are EU based.

ConsLess Projects in US mainland

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus in getting more projects

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!