Capgemini

3.1 1,915 reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

1,915 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance, though experience differs in different projects"
    in 207 reviews
  • "Work Culture is so good and also there is an perfect work -personal space balance"
    in 176 reviews
Cons:
  • "Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes"
    in 70 reviews
  • "9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management"
    in 56 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

If you spend 8 hours doing nothing and 4 hours fighting you are not going to achieve very much except hours

Director (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosa multinational company so you get to meet people of a variety of nationalities

ConsVery very mediocre in technology yet dress themselves up as the bees knees. In IT terms they are idiots but will pull down anybody who shows savvy. At the first sign of difficulty in a project they move into full attack mode with anybody even a tiny bit critical.

Advice to Senior Managementyour guys are very poor losers. Learn some sportsmanship skills. you'll do better in employee engagement.

Pack of uncapable loosers

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros- There is NO Pros in this company. Except it gives you a brand name of consulting.
    - However a lot of US clients dont know the name. So.....
    - Compensation is pathetic and doesent keep up with the market.

Cons- Top Management is extremely inept and uncapable
    - Extremely political and that starts right at the top of the food chain.
    - Company runs without a vision (First TELCO and split and now HTEC) What is this ???
    - Mediocrity is rampart
    - Buzzwords rather than results oriented
    - Favoritism is the only way to get promoted or higher rating
    - I was surprised to see that during the round tables, the top performers were automatically pushed down for the lower rating, while the laggards having solid network were pushed to the top.
    - Top Talent doesent stay with the company for long time.

Advice to Senior Management- 99% of the VP's are completely redundant, incapable and free loaders on work done by the junior level staff. Most of them should be let go. Those who are not let go should be given monthly targets and held accountable. There is ZERO vision ANY of the VP provides.
    - 80% of the Principals should be let go and replaced. Whoever are left should be whacked to get sales.
    - Respect the employees. If it weren't for them, YOU wouldn't have a job !!!

Not the best company to work for

ProsStable job and decent pay

ConsSenior management has a hard time recognizing talent. They surround themselves with mediocrity and recognize only individuals that are around them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

big talent - little Scruples

(Former Employee)

Prosworked with some very smart people in highly mobile work force, where most of everyone liked to be away from home, which is something that I could not understand. we worked on very interesting ideas, developing new concepts and technologies.

Consdid not want to be road warrior but was not given choice, despite my preference to be local. self training time was not encouraged nor provided during bench times, e.g., self improvement time was impeded, even frowned upon.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest in bidding, i.e., the job bidding was very poor with cost estimates of utter fiction, manpower estimates that were random, and sales people that say anything or do anything to win a job. corollary is to be honest with employees who are sent into situations having impossible expectations by clients.

Great first job, but not a great place to stay

Staff Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsEntry level salary/benefits are nice. HR does a nice job of recruiting great young talent. Exposure to different industries and technologies depending on the number of projects you are placed on. Great networking opportunities.

ConsFor an IT consulting firm, most of the technologies we use (such as laptops and software) are outdated. There is no office culture, it's more of a project to project culture; this isn't necessarily always a con, but can be if you end up on a terrible project for a long term duration.

You have little to no say in your placement on a project, so once you are on a specific industry track it is hard to break out of that and move to another area.

Direction and strategy is moving away from true consulting and more towards staff-aug and managed services projects. Internal processes are not very streamlined or efficient, they are over-structured and create too much "red tape."

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership listens to their employees, makes promises, but never seem to take any action.

Management places profits, image, and projects over the needs of their employees.

An okay experience

Staff Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWork-life balance is great, very nice co-workers overall, opportunity to work abroad if you get on the right project, pretty good at promoting entry-level consultants after 2 years

ConsStaffing issues, not much say on which projects you can get on, projects can last a long time, lack of training opportunities, lack of strong office culture

Good in the beginning

General Motors Enterprise Command Center Lead (Former Employee)
    Warren, MI

ProsI can not say, as the contract I was on was doomed to fail from the beginning.

ConsThe sales negotiation team bit off more than they could chew working with General Motors.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was on a contract that was not managed by Capgemini management, but rather General Motors. I hold nothing against Capgemini.

Accelerated learning without much support

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMoney is okay.
    Got the chance to work in India and meet some of my project counterparts and increase my understanding of the culture.

ConsPromotions at the level level are given without merit. 2 years is the time frame so lone as you done mess up, you don't have to be great though.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow reorg and industry focus apply to consultants also

Good, with a lot of competition

Senior Consultant P5 (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsGood place, no grey areas. It's a perform and flourish scene.

ConsToo many people, so promotions need to be fought for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsCollaborative working with Client. Nice place to work. Provides rich learning library.

ConsSlow career growth in organization

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth and growing leaders from bottom

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capgemini CEO Paul Hermelin. All 1,915 reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees.