Capgemini Consulting

Updated November 17, 2014
3.2

Capgemini Consulting CEO David Williams
David Williams

Pros
  • Good work life balance: Very difficult to work on the weekend (in 20 reviews)

• Good work environment & work culture (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Much is done on the cheap resulting in an increasingly poor work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours, poor work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager

I worked at Capgemini Consulting

Pros

Global company with recognized brand

Cons

None - if you are willing to travel there are plenty of growth opportunities

They present an initial environmental view that gets you excited but then....

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Capgemini Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LOL, i sat here staring at this window wondering what i could enter. They are big, and have the backing of the mothership in Europe but CapGem Gov solutions is more of a log raft than a sturdy ship. For the two years i was there the upper management shuffled in and out and none of the senior leadership left any tangible platform for success behind. Wait, pros..... they are not micro managers, they do leave you to your tasks and do not tend to have meaningless weekly meetings so that was cool. Pay was commensurate or below corporate averages for my position and they do have a great vacation policy, there it is, they do offer a lot of time off.

Cons

Weak corporate structure. LIttle incentives for advancement. Poor infrastructure support. Seems to be a culture of looking out for one's self. They routinely promise bonuses and somehow justify their inability to actually pay them out.
    As a consultant there is always the "dual boss" atmosphere; answering to capgem boss and client boss and often they dont communicate amongst themselves. I'd pass.

OK Place to work

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini Consulting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If your project manager is good, life is good

Cons

too much internal politics at every level

Pls process GC for resources else you will loose the

Limited IP and firm wants to offshore work as fast as possible. Limited value of experience and thought leadership

I have been working at Capgemini Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are nice

Cons

Immediate offshoring of work and limited desire for thought leadership

Many growth opportunities

I worked at Capgemini Consulting

Pros

great work culture and office environment, reasonable management, transparency of processes related to project management, promotes professionalism, exciting projects in multiple domains

Cons

Administrative processes are long drawn, uncoordinated, and hard to understand--its like the internal departments don't talk to each other at all--so one tiny issue will involve talking to multiple people

Hold out for something else.

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capgemini Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-decent pay
    -good benefits
    -good people at the junior levels

Cons

-lack of leadership
    -lack of vision and strategy
    -lack of career opportunities

This place needs credible leadership with relevant experience that can produce results. They have talked about growth for the last 7 years, but have gone nowhere. Unless you're desperate, hold out for something else.

Get rid of the dead weight at the upper levels and figure out what you want to be.

Over All

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Software Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Capgemini Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Work Exposure, Good learning Curve.

Cons

Less Salary for resources sent from India.

Should perform salary correction for resources sent from India.

Great Company Slacking On Training

I worked at Capgemini Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and experiences available to me through those around me. Lots of senior leadership is available if you're hubbed in the right office. Some of them have global experiences that are pretty cool to hear about, and you can learn a bunch. The projects are often right out of a business textbook, and there's a lot of opportunity to learn from the Apps community globally.

Cons

If you're on the west coast, you need to be in the San Francisco office and not in Burbank, or you'll likely get passed up for projects. All of the west coast senior leadership team works there. I was told to get ready to move to SF but then was called back the next day and told to stay in the Burbank office which ruined my morale after being told by the IMM practice leader how it couldn't compare. In the Burbank office, I received little to no training about even the internal policies, and spent long periods with no updates on my future project status. I was given a mentor, but he too was untrained and new to the company, and faced the same long periods without updates for potential new projects, despite our efforts.

Training and staffing of new hires needs to be taken more seriously! There's no set development program for young, aspiring consultants aside from e-learning and that alone won't get you staffed. Also, how does one get away with terminating somebody with only 1 year of experience so you can't get another job in that industry? So cold! Not the type of leaders any smart prospect would want to work for, anyway.

Good company to work with

I worked at Capgemini Consulting

Pros

Excellent work life balance, generally good people

Cons

Consider negotiating your salary well when you start with the company. Y-O-Y raises may not be as per your expectation and may play you down in the long run

Great clients, not great consultant engagement

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini Consulting as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great clients, with a broad expanse of work available. Managers are hands in with clients and know what is happening at client site.

Cons

Managers are not engaged with staff. Blow off any issues. They are actually doing analyst work, not managing consultants. Left to our own devices.

Without consultants, you don't exist. Listen

Capgemini Consulting Photos