Capgemini

Paul Hermelin

71 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Senior Consultant

Chicago, IL

ProsGreat learning curve, people, compensation, projects, career track, etc

ConsLong period of bench time if you don't try hard to get staffed

Capgemini - a great company, lots of travel

Chicago, IL

ProsGreat opportunities - especially for those who come into the company via Campus program (heck,even the CEO came out of campus)
    Opportunity to work in a variety of industries
    Good Pay and Great Benefits - 3 weeks vacation MINIMUM!! VC, Profit Sharing. All travel costs covered by company and you get to keep your miles and hotel awards (many consulting firms let the company accrue these)

Cons100% travel - you may be on the beach sometimes, but when you are not you are on the road
    Political Company - you have to really network to do well at Cap - partially because people are on various projects and not in an office, you have to work to make sure people know who you are.
    Work/Life Balance can be tough - type A, bright employees work a lot of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency with open roles within Company.
    Can we get some better hardware? Access to Mac products would be great!

Enjoyed my time at Capgemini

Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsEnjoyed working with really nice people. Had great success in the insurance vertical. great list of fortune 500 clients. Really liked office and ability to have freedom to act.

ConsTravel requirements can be hard. 4 to 5 days in a 7 day week out of town is very difficult. being on site at client can be hard. I did not like the restriction on blackberries for people under senior manager. The blackberry tool seems to be helpful for everyone else, why not enable your consultants and managers to be reachable while on the go. Everyone seems to be on the go anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnable some sort of employee stock compensation plan or stock purchase plan to positively impact morale and retention.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for the resume!

Chicago, IL

ProsTh experience is second to none. In just under two years I have built a resume that is very impressive. In addition, as I have started looking for a new position elsewhere, I actually get calls back from very large and respected companies. Do it for the experience if for nothing else. And if you love to travel, then this is also the best way to go.

ConsIf you have a family, like I do, the travel is a bit much. Travel is 100% for the most part, but in my experience, if you prove your value then there is room to maneuver in terms of flexibility in terms of a travel schedule that works for you. However, if you are in Chicago and the client is in New Jersey well then you are out of luck. Just no way around it if you want to stay on the project.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over the titles. So you are a Sr. Manager, big freakin' deal! By letting titles get in the way you stop yourself from exchanging and interacting with those who actually have some great ideas are are talented. The only difference that separates you from me is the fact that you sold alot of work. Get over yourself.

Capgemini Company Review

Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat company to work for I have worked here for 14 years. Excellent career growth available within the company. Diverse company crossing many development centers across many cultures.

ConsCan be somewhat hard to work across company divisions. Common processes across divisions does not exist. tends to operate as separate companies across divisions.

Test Manager with an overall experience of 10+ years

Test Manager (Current Employee)
    Wheeling, IL

ProsGood working environment. Challenging work and good opportunities until now

ConsFitment not as per market standards
    No balance in personal and professional life

Advice to Senior ManagementFitment for employees should be as per market standards

Overall Great

Lead Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood opportunity for growth / career advancement / stretch roles
    Typically will receive a reprieve period after long periods of extended hours

ConsLong Hours -- need to set boundaries / expectations with senior management
    End of year process could be improved, in both duration and process

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp end of year process to have more focused goals rather than just more goals

Excellent Company for lateral hires

Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place for growth if you have genuine experience in Banking domain.. preferably Credit Cards/ Mainframes. Lateral hires enjoy the best benefits

ConsRequires domestic relocation flexibility based on project demands

General Review

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood Work Culture.
    Good Work-Life Balance.
    Good for the beginners.

ConsLack of training.
    Less Salary.
    Not so great benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start formal training for the experienced, and limited experience employees as well.

Great place to work !

Manager (Current Employee)
    Rosemont, IL

ProsGreat place to work in. Salaries are either in line or higher that the market pays for a similar role. Leadership is great and always look for providing additional value to their customers.

ConsLeadership needs to be more involved in their employees and the organization should have more rewards and recocignition programs than they currently have.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more fun at work ! :-)

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini reviews and ratings in Illinois — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capgemini CEO Paul Hermelin. All 71 reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees.