Capgemini Reviews in Illinois

3.1
2,050 Reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences (in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work (in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes (in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management (in 58 reviews)

More Highlights

73 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This company is so awful to work for that I feel like I was scammed.

Current Employee - Staff Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can travel, get hotel points, and frequent flyer miles.

Cons

The training program is horrendous. The work they have you do is mind-numbing, allowing for zero creativity. Employees are worked over 12 hour days and weekends without a choice. Management is unwelcoming and not helpful.

Completely change your training program, actually pay for real trainers. Allow your employees to be creative and not forced to follow strict methodology that is inefficient. Reward employees on their actual work produced and not just the amount of hours put in.

Incredibly poorly run company.

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I got to work with people all over the world, and I got to travel a lot.

Cons

Horrible salaries, no advancement, no tuition reimbursement, not much office space, the office space available is so run down you could never bring a client there, and don't expect to get a bonus. Overall, it's a horribly run company with a 30% attrition rate. The average employee lasts about 28 months, but the average for new hires direct from college is about 18 months. That kind of says it all.

Just give up and sell the company to IBM or Accenture.

Results count, People matter - Seriously???

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Good salary, bonus, and nice benefits
    Internal training opportunities
    Having Big 4 consulting experience looks really good on your resume
    Lots of travel (might be a con)

Cons

If you have to use sick leave or are between projects for more than a couple of weeks, don't be surprised to get that dreaded call from Human Resources
    Top heavy organization - very political environment - short term focused
    Offshore everything mentality

Treat all employees with dignity and respect
    Understand that different markets support different margins and deal sizes, and set realistic internal expectations
    Fix offshore issues or move offshore operations to countries with better work ethic

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrific Experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of my peers were as committed as me to deliver quality results. We did as much as we could with little to no support from HQ.

Cons

An extreme shortage of qualified resources and very little to none strategic vision to properly scope and sell projects. The team was then told to make it successful, and we were threatened with discharge if we couldn't use the unqualified resources to complete our deliverables on time.

The senior management is part of the problem.

Good customers and co-workers, but poor offshore management.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Initial Hire Process is Great.

Cons

Management is 90% Offshore and Out of Touch with North America.

North America should be Managed from North America.

Horribly Managed Company

Former Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial approach in the management of the company.

Cons

Expected to do a lot with no support and no budget. Culture is a shark tank. People are pitted against each other.

All senior leadership should be fired. There is no direction, no vision and no strategy. It might be better if they just sold off the company in pieces and closed the doors.

Dont consider

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

One among the big 5

Cons

All the skilled Management folks have left the company. Currently the senior management is filled with just old people who have no management skills at all. Just because they have experience doesnt mean they have the skills to manage people. i worked with them for 8 years and i have seen better days with them. i felt bad when i resigned but it the worst place NOW to work

Stop recruiting people we have too many on the bench. Also advance people inside the organization do not hire senior management from outside who have no idea about the culture. this hurts the good people inside and thats the reason all the good skills have left

The company has smart people but doesn’t always execute well on client engagements.

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a strong focus on client service. Some ongoing training is provided. The professional staff are generally smart and capable.

Cons

The internal technology is lacking and not modern. There is inadequate integration between Capgemini FSGBU and the overall Capgemini organization. Not enough attention is placed on staffing client engagements with the optimal professionals for the requirements and scope. I saw a tendency to fill project roles with someone with some relevant experience; but not necessarily the best person to fill the role.

Improve all aspects of the technology provided to client service professionals. Improve time reporting to be inclusive of all hours worked; not just entering 8 hours per day. Improve the process for approval of travel, time & expense submissions, etc. so that it is not so cumbersome.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of career opportunities available

Cons

Depends if you are hired in us or from india. if you are hired from india and moved to US, LIFE IS BAD. there is nothing called work life balance.

focus on people management. management and sales are different areas, don't mingle them.

Capgemini is run by lawyers and accountants. Not a good place to be if you are in outsourcing.

Former Employee - Principal  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits. Many smart and good people to work with. Lots of freedom to work your way (that's not always good though).

Cons

Group leadership (CEO, CFO, SBU CEOs) are bureaucrats and not client-friendly or visible in NA. The NA leadership in Applications Services is weak and not trusting of one another. Infrastructure SBU is a mess and poorly led. BPO seems to be doing well but questionable leadership. Cap is very "balkanized" and different parts of the company are set up to compete against each other (i.e., Sogeti v Apps One). Cap has eliminated the outsourcing SBU and merged it into the projects business, which has resulted in Cap becoming a minor player in outsourcing deals. Cap's focus is entirely on margin improvement rather than revenue and client growth. This has mainly translated into the movement of many NA jobs to India.

Create and communicate the strategy for the Group and the SBUs (it doesn't exist in my experience). Focus on client industry sectors as primary organizational units. Incent the business units to work together to serve clients. Group and SBU leadership needs to be actively visible in NA. Reinvigorate the outsourcing business or exit it entirely - otherwise you are wasting your money and people's time.

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!