Capgemini

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 1,949 reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin

Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences(in 219 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work(in 188 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes(in 76 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management(in 57 reviews)

1,949 Employee Reviews

Without vision

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsWorldwide company with possibility of international experiences

ConsIn CG is very strong "caste" system. Following this you are retrieving misleading information about opportunities, about company life. there is no possibility for self growing.
    There is no internal tools for administration, CTR and other support jobs for business realisation.
    There is not existing support for business developing.

Happy to work here

Team Lead Invoicing & Receivables Management (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWorkinbg culcture & getting to learn new things easily..

ConsPeople... It is everywhere the issue

Advice to Senior Management.

Totally unprofessional and unethical company to work for and forget about onsite, promotions and hike

ProsNothing to tell here...look for more in cons section

ConsIf you don't know lobbying forget about getting even a project here in Hyderabad if you are on bench. And i need not tell you anything on hikes, promotions and onsite if there is a situation like this for getting a project. Its up to your imagination...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and be ethical and don't forget that even your employees also humans like you. If some one is not interested in working on some thing leave him you will not get a better productivity if you are forced to do it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work

Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsA Good work life balance.

ConsSenior management not in tune with their front-line managers.

Principal, Business Information Management Consulting

Principal (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with a lot of smart, motivated, friendly people. I sill stay in touch with several colleagues, it was hard for me to leave the company.

ConsBecause much of their revenue comes from Europe (where the economy stinks), raises were minimal and budgets were tight because the US needed to make up for Europe's struggles. Also, technology skills of most consultants were good, but a bit behind the curve (not terribly cutting edge).

Good company

Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsLots of opportunities to learn and grow, class room training, live sessions etc....

ConsYou will not get annual hike even if you get Out Standing rating/1 that will only benefit you in variable pay that too is bare minimum.

Good Company to work for...

Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWorked at LBS unit of Capgemini, where we get time flexibility and less work load.

ConsLBS employees dont get the beniefts whats employess in Capgemini office get.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct meeting with LBS employees and get to know there problems

current saklary

Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Prosgood to wrk like a exerienced good to wrk like a exerienced

Consnot good for experienced not good for experienced

Advice to Senior Managementgood managemant xcellent good

Fantastic

Project Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsOverall new challenges and many projects to engage in
    New training opportunities

Cons80 % of operational duties are offshore

Advice to Senior Managementtraining staffs towards career progression

Worst Ever professional experience for me. Don't join this company if you're going to work on client location in India.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsAs per my working experience, only one Pros and which is related to the CTC.

ConsThere are lot of..... (Below are based on my profession exp. with CapG & I am deputed @HP Bangalore.)
    1. Overall CTC will look good but in-hand is dis-satisfactory.
    2. HR's are not responsive and helpful.
    3. They have a big account as LBS (local business solution) where they send their employees to work on client location. Once you're in LBS then there is no way out other than again thinking about quitting.
    4. They don't give a damn if you brought some problem from client work location to your HR/Manager. They will say only one thing that "Obey Them".
    5. Once you're on client location then its very hard to get good appraisal.
    etc etc....

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe Capgemini has a very big account known as LBS in India (Bangalore).
    Just do a regular meeting on certain period of time to find out employees views what are they up-to and what are the problems they are facing. Just don't blindly follow the client. Your reputation in the market is based on your employees views also not only on the client views. If you don't care your employees then how will you run business and make your client Happy.

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!