Capgemini Reviews

3.1
2,106 Reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences (in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work (in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes (in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management (in 58 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Compensation & policies are really good when compared to competition. Some of the benefits like vacation & sick leaves are really good.

Cons

Management needs to be little employee centric. They always try to please the customer( which is good by the way ) but in doing this, employee's interests shouldn't be sidelined.

Keep up the good job but sometime do take care of employee's need & problems too

Capgemini Company Review

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for I have worked here for 14 years. Excellent career growth available within the company. Diverse company crossing many development centers across many cultures.

Cons

Can be somewhat hard to work across company divisions. Common processes across divisions does not exist. tends to operate as separate companies across divisions.

it was a good experience

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

It was a great company

Cons

Salary was a bit less. as compared to other companies

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Number of good international projects.

Cons

Beware of Sogeti BU.Project change is hideous task.

Give the employers the freedom to choose thier skill set,especially freshers.

Associate Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Decent work experience for a fresh grad experience but not worth more than staying a year or two

Cons

Low pay compared to other consulting firms
    Lack of formal training (the training they offer is mediocre at best)
    Lack of mentors

I emphasize they are disorganized. Truly disorganized. To the point where the client can even tell.

I have been working for more than 10 years

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Big company, Plenty of projects and work

Cons

Bureaucracy, Lots of fat processess and poor leadership

Listen to employee feedback

Experience greatly depends on projects and managers you work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Great learning experiences, you can assume leadership responsibilities(note - the responsibilities, not the position!) very quickly, big name clients and really interesting projects. Opportunity to meet a lot of different people not just within the company but also in the client companies. If you are open to travel , it is even better

Cons

No work life balance. Highly political(La office) A number of people I worked with in my team were juniors on a visa who had no idea how to deal with people and were very focused not on doing a good job but avoiding responsibilities for mistakes they made. Leadership especially in the Los Angeles area seems content on getting the job done, instead of weeding out poor performers or encouraging good performers. Being promoted comes down to whether you are on good terms with your manager. I have seen a number of people totally mismanage a team, heard them claiming credit for an issue somebody else in the team fixed (in meetings where that person is not invited), managers not giving out all the info required for the team to do a job and then coming in at the last moment with the missing information and looking like a hero in front of the client etc.
    If you can play the game in a political environment, then go for it. Most people I know prefer to walk away with their sanity intact, which is what I also did.

I know there are certain offices where people love working for Capgemini. Why not find out what makes them tick and implement that in all offices?

So So experience - not strategy

Former Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company pays relatively well and

Cons

Organization is very big and can easily get lost within it

Have a clear vision and execute on it, don't try to be things you're not

Experience varies by project

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

I've had some amazing managers who have taken me under their wings to mentor and coach me. I've had my certifications paid for, I'm being compensated pretty well, and have been able to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

I've also had a nightmare-situation of a project that has really changed my view of this company. There was no work-life balance, no organization within the project, and no management. Despite our attempts to report this to senior executives several times, none of these issues were ever addressed. I joined this company because they told us they cared about how they treat their people, but the amount of politics I've experienced shows me otherwise. Most companies have feedback bottom-up and top-down so that each person is rated during round-table discussions. However, Capgemini only does top-down ratings (something I find extremely unfair).

Again, this really varies by project. I've been on amazing projects with extremely competent managers. I've also known many people who have never experienced bad projects. So please take this with a grain of salt.

Turnover is extremely high within the company because people feel like they don't have a say. Many people I know left because they were hired into this company under a specific service line they didn't choose, and found it impossible to switch service lines. In addition, to my point about bottom-up ratings, I feel that this is extremely important as many times, lower-level consultants don't feel as if they're being treated fairly by upper management.

Stay away from this organization

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company with Industry and technical knowledge.

Cons

They do not have their act together. Leadership is lost and unaware of the consequences of their ever changing decisions. The motto "People Matter Results Count" is a joke... the last thing in the company mind is "people". Be ready to be treated as a commodity in and environment where everyone is on his/her own, and performance has little to do with your career development. Of course, they will say we are a company of "entrepreneurs"… nice way to get away with bad corporate behaviour and inefficiency. Leadership needs substantial change.

Get your act together, some of you might need to leave, stop playing with your inner-circle where all is forgiven, and damaging the people doing the real work for many long hours, with slime to none existing incentives

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!