Capgemini Reviews

3.1
2,110 Reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences (in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work (in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes (in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management (in 58 reviews)

More Highlights

This company is so awful to work for that I feel like I was scammed.

Current Employee - Staff Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can travel, get hotel points, and frequent flyer miles.

Cons

The training program is horrendous. The work they have you do is mind-numbing, allowing for zero creativity. Employees are worked over 12 hour days and weekends without a choice. Management is unwelcoming and not helpful.

Completely change your training program, actually pay for real trainers. Allow your employees to be creative and not forced to follow strict methodology that is inefficient. Reward employees on their actual work produced and not just the amount of hours put in.

Nothing spectacular. Nothing bad either

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Continuous projects. If you are settled with a client, it would be for many years to come. Flexible environment.

Cons

Salary is a big minus. Doesn't care much about the employees. Excuses for everything an employee asks by quoting their policies etc.

Treat your employees as people, not resources.

Overall Positive

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work with smart people, great client list, global company offering opportunity to travel in other parts of the world. Good knowledge management capture and ability to partner across time zones.

Cons

difficult promotions, SME knowledge is not valued, need to constantly prove value. You have to do your own business development, most business development guys do not understand technology

Retain and encourage SME knowledge, particularly in technology. I've often noticed that people are laid off when no current work exists, but usually within a month or two, a proposal or client will require that SME knowledge and we were left scrambling to find skills. At that point the market determines the quality of your deliverable, hiring at the last minute does not make for quality associates

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work , but the internal employee management is bad

Current Employee - Performance Engineer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Performance Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay, good place for on the job learning, not stressfull

Cons

internal workforce management is bad. they dont find projects within the company for people who are ramped down from their respective projects. They fire people easily without much consideration

The internal workforce management team should be efficient enough to find projects within company for an associate who is ramped down from the project; instead of firing him/her from the company.

The company has smart people but doesn’t always execute well on client engagements.

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a strong focus on client service. Some ongoing training is provided. The professional staff are generally smart and capable.

Cons

The internal technology is lacking and not modern. There is inadequate integration between Capgemini FSGBU and the overall Capgemini organization. Not enough attention is placed on staffing client engagements with the optimal professionals for the requirements and scope. I saw a tendency to fill project roles with someone with some relevant experience; but not necessarily the best person to fill the role.

Improve all aspects of the technology provided to client service professionals. Improve time reporting to be inclusive of all hours worked; not just entering 8 hours per day. Improve the process for approval of travel, time & expense submissions, etc. so that it is not so cumbersome.

A quality employer.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are humble but intelligent. Management would like to see you grow and move up the ladder. It is easy to access and build relationships with senior staff. The company is accommodating to personal needs.

Cons

Be prepared to travel up to 100% of the time. Be prepared to exceed client expectations.

Keep working hard and encouraging younger staff!

Capgemini's focus on Supply Chain Consulting

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent focus in the Supply Chain Domain with Technology consulting focus across all technologies. Different strategic business unit enables organizational focus on making advancements in this domain.

Cons

No cons in the current company

More focus needed towards Capgemini's brand awareness in US.

Executive Assistant

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are very personable and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Upper-level management and executives are disconnected from their employees.

Spend more time with the employees at their offices and locations.

You are the key to your success here

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. Having worked at Deloitte which is very 'fraternity' like, this is a refreshing environment. Nowhere near the amount of egos, backstabbing, lies and deceit as there. You hold the key to your success...or lack thereof.

Cons

Last year's raises were small, upper management sometimes suffers from an identity crisis...are we a low cost provider or are we a consulting firm.

Drive value to our customers by focusing on business impact.

Manager

I worked at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Great company with good people. Great career path and good training on soft skills. Company has a good breadth of technology expertise.

Cons

Benefits can be better. No cash compensation

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!