Capgemini Reviews

Reset

2,807 Employee Reviews

1. Senior Applications Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Lives up largely to the 7 values.
    2. Wonderful team environment, camaraderie etc
    3. Employee focused. Provides good tools and support to get things done

Cons

1. Almost all of the times Capgemini attempts to please customers, instead of calling a spade a spade. Being a consulting organization, this is a deft game.

2. Senior Consultant Review

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Relaxed work environment.
    2. Learning and Development plans not a pre requisite for appraisals.

Cons

1. Promotions are rare and are given on experience rather than merit.
    2. Irrelevant sales target effectiveness for developers and testers.

Advice to Management

Be clear on promotions and internal job postings.

3. Make sure you are part of the clique

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you get quality engagements. You don't work more than 50 hours a week often

Cons

It is a very relationship based organization. If you don't know VP with power you are pretty much screwed. Pretty easy to be overlooked if you are not part of the right group.
    A lot of staff augmentation work

5. good compancy

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

good company to work with...
    work-life balamnce

Cons

salary hike as per market trend

Advice to Management

when hr selects the candidate it should be fair

Good Place to Start, Then Go Elsewhere

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Resources of a large parent company with the intimacy of a growing organization
    - Fair work/life balance
    - Competitive benefits and 401k, but not compensation

Cons

- Advancement is tied directly to who you know and who is aware of your success; if you have a non-vocal People Manager you're neglected at round tables; if you have a thoughtless on-site manager you're neglected at round tables. If your site manager and People Manager don't fight tooth and nail for you at round tables, you're pushed to a "3" with the forced ranking. Management said as recently as yesterday (4/29/15) that they are changing the APR structure, but that is the same song and dance we've always heard.
    -Pay is way below average; I have seen WAY TOO MANY bright stars leave for greener pastures because they weren't compensated appropriately. I keep having to hire green recruits because my top guns leave for better pay and promotions elsewhere.
    - If I see another person that works only in HQ get promoted over another Senior Consultant to Manager, I will blow a gasket. The Consultants, Senior Consultants and client-facing Managers ARE YOUR SUCCESS. Reward them and quit playing patty-cake with your office darlings that do nothing but look pretty, parrot buzz words and do not contribute to client growth or opportunities identified.
    - Compensation tied directly to advancement; only highest of the high performers warrant advancement to Senior Manager and Principal which is the way it should be. That said this neglects lots of excellent performers who should be retained and rewarded with pay and promotion, but leave to take their expertise and inside knowledge of CGGS elsewhere. If anything is killing CGGS it is this. I'm sick of seeing excellent albeit not top performers get tossed in the same compensation and recognition bucket as those that just do their job and thats that. I've had to tell two of my employees for three years running they won't be promoted or see a raise because they either didn't bring in new business or sell an ASE (which should be done by manager level and above, not consultants). Keep in mind both of these employees have performed at a rock solid "2" level, have continuously contributed to business development activities, and are the reason we rate OTACE scores of 5 every year and add additional positions!
    - They change CEO and management like underwear. New management team in late 2014 decapitated upper management and is starting from scratch.
    - During recent CEO and management change far too many top performers left; word is new management brought in own team and canned the rest just because they weren't "their guys/gals". One person they let go was someone I considered a future principal and was an extremely top performer; I was very disheartened. I am already planning a move but had I not, I would start after the terrible job new management did during the takeover.

Advice to Management

You already know your problems. You've had so many new CEOs that come in, change direction, throw everything to the wind, and you remain at square one. In case the new CEO sees this: compensate your above average performers better, both annually and during APR/round tables. You lose so many excellent "3's" and "2's" because other companies are willing to compensate them fairly and offer them advancement that isn't impossible to attain except for the top 1% of the top 1%. Your top performers will always rise to the top but you lose so much of "mid-level officer staff and top NCOs" that you endanger your long-term success. I am so tired of continuously back filling the positions left by excellent "3's" and "2's". Our client must wonder what the H E double hockey sticks is going on...

senior consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

It was over all good experience. Really have to do hard work.

Cons

You need to find a project by yourself

8. Great company, great benefits, too much travel

Current Employee - Managing Solutions Architect in Alpine, UT
    Current Employee - Managing Solutions Architect in Alpine, UT

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Capgemini is a very active and innovative consulting company. Very fast paced, and very in tune with the current and future market trends.

Cons

Too much travel. Because consultants are always on the road in clients from Monday to Thursday, and sometimes Friday, it is very difficult to have a proper work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Projects and clients don't need traveling consultants on premises all the time. Many successful companies have their consultants working from home or office locations during certain phases of projects. Capgemini should consider this practice in order to improve work/life balance for their most important asset.

9. Principal

Former Employee - Principal in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Principal in New York, NY

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

I was there since the E&Y days and it used to be a great place to work, with great people and solutions.

Cons

The French influence has destroyed all the positive aspects of Capgemini and they no longer put the clients or the employees first. They put profit first.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look in the mirror. If you put clients first and have happy employees the business will do well, Stand up for what is right

10. principal

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good culture, experienced team members

Cons

i can not think anything at the moment

Advice to Management

nonei can not think anything at the moment

11. Staff consultant

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

The people are amazing to work with.
    Many career parth

Cons

Stressful work environment.
    Many people within the company can be difficult to get in contact with

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be improved within the company

Showing 2,807 of 2,849 reviews