Capgemini Reviews

3.1
2,107 Reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Work life balance is not that great but felt better than my previous company experiences (in 221 reviews)

• The work culture is good and flat hierarchy system really makes it a good place to work (in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a healthy work life balance can be a challenge sometimes (in 77 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management (in 58 reviews)

More Highlights

Somewhat disappointed after 4 years

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with some good people, but there are many pockets of below average. Work life balance is ok and there is some flexibility.

Cons

The annual "round-table" review process is very political and it's about who you know. Every year, there is a predetermined number of high performers that will get rewarded with bonuses and raises. It doesn't matter if all 150,000 employees were the highest performers and brought in $100 M each. because of the predetermined number that can get a bonus and a raise, most come out as "meets expectations" (a 3 on scale of 1-5) and you will get no raise or bonus.

Break off from the French part of the main company because they could care less about concerns about North American employees

Good Job for contractors

Former Employee - Business Development Executive
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive

I worked at Capgemini as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment with core team.

Cons

Not an employee so not privy to strategy and direction

Executive turnover specifically in SaaS

Former Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was fair and Individuals wanted to do what was right. You need to make sure that this is the right fit for you.

Cons

Cap (at least the Capgemini America, there are a dozen different operating companies and each one is different) is trying to apply the big consulting model on what should be light weight POCs and implementations. The management does not want to listen to options. And, despite their mantra of life work balance I was continually working 60 hour weeks. In my group there was 50% turnover in the 2 years I was there this included the VP and several other group leaders.

Listen to new ways to implement your SaaS offerings. You hire people with experience in the field but do not listen to the ways that they have been sucessfull.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work if you can navigate the politics of a large firm.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits are decent. Self directed training opportunities are available to enhance skills. Potential opportunities to work in many different areas and markets. Intelligent, experienced co-workers.

Cons

Political as with any large, global firm. Decisions are not always made based upon the best solution. Some of the management place their own interests and career progression above that of the collective group.

Awesome experince

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Friendly environment within the team.

Cons

Nothing as if Now i think.

Overall a good experience

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Capgemini is a huge company with hundreds of divisions, groups, teams, etc. If you can find a good manager and a good customer then the experience will be satisfying. I've had the blessing of working in a great situation for many years.
    I'm allowed to work from home 4 days a week. The pay, time off, flexible schedule, and overall benefits are great.

Cons

Capgemini is a huge company and there will always be people still hanging around whom should have left years ago.
    If you want to grow in your career you will have to put 99.99% of the effort in. Capgemini's outsourcing division does not mentor employees or seek to grow and promote them.

HR transparency needs to be real, not a smoke and mirrors game. Star employees should be valued, not just given a number on a review once a year.
    Figure out how to work within the various divisions, business units, and geographies. Stop acting like 100 different companies with the same logo.

If you like being isolated and treated like a commodity, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are good people here, stuck in bad jobs. Corporate communications are very good and thorough.

Cons

Management does not communicate, and there is no sense of organization. Daily operations go from one fire drill to another. They do not have a good pipeline for new hires, and sometimes hire under qualified people out of desperation. They're also fairly dishonest in the sales process, claiming experience and expertise that they don't have.

Learn to do business with integrity, both internally and externally.

Consulting business with little work life balanc and high expectations

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great health benefit costs to employees. Shocked when I learn how low the cost of benefits were
    People
    Project work is exciting

Cons

work life balance. Long hous with the expectation of not stopping until the actual work is done at any cost.
    long hours
    high expectations

It has been very long 15 plus years of experience with Capgemini.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diversified work force and overall it is a good experience

Cons

Winning sales pursuits/new business development

Winning new projects and keeping their commitments like efficient computers and tools and trainimg

My experience at Capgemini has been awful. Only been here 9 months and have been lied to from the beginning

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

there are some people are nice.

Cons

Benefits are bad, the bonus structure is not well defined

Stop lying to your employees. It isn't all about the numbers. We are human beings with lives. not just a number on a page

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!