Capgemini Reviews

Reset
1.2
Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • work life balance was good but Indian CEO has ruined it last year (in 268 reviews)

• Flexible work culture in capgemini (in 213 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance depends on Manager (in 92 reviews)

• lt;utter worst senior management> (in 59 reviews)

Don't stay too long

Former Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many open positions due to low organizational morale. As a result you may have the opportunity to work on the project of your choice.

Cons

Highly political organization. Not result or merit based. Due to poor group financial results, for the amount of work you put in you could get paid much better elsewhere.

Avoid Crap Gemini

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 100% bench time (time sitting at home doing nothing while waiting to be put on a project and still getting paid). - Easy to come up with a much funnier / more accurate name for the company (see title).

Cons

- Extremely high turnover rate, we actually lost more people than we gained last year. Everyone I know is either leaving, thinking of leaving or, if they just joined, have yet to realize that they should jump off this terrible ship ASAP. - Failing to win any projects. I live next to Silicon Valley and it is shocking that a technology company like Capgemini can’t find a way to win ANY projects here… Very good example of where the business is heading. Capgemini is losing all the work to its bigger, more successful and higher competent competitors: Deloitte, Ernst and Young and Accenture - No job growth. Due to the lack of work, it is impossible to gain any experience in order to grow / get promoted or feel any sense of fulfillment - The few projects that do exist are in far flung out areas of the country that Capgemini’s competitors don’t bother with. These projects are dull, tiring and make you question the meaning of your existence. - Every quarterly meeting we are given many promises of improvement and none are actually implemented. As a result morale declines and all the smart and talented people leave for better opportunities. - Your mental health will suffer as you feel ashamed to work for such a low class, incompetent joke of a company - Training is non-existent. The company does zero investment in its people / employees’ career growth - Company is extremely cheap, they make billions of euros each year and there is no budget for dinners / team building events / holiday parties / providing adequate laptops that aren’t 10 years old and barely run - Compensation is mediocre. This is kind of a moot point because even if they tripled my salary, it would not make a difference / make up for everything else. - And this list goes on and on…

Advice to Management

This company is a lost cause, mostly due to your incompetence. I would fire yourselves and then look for work in roles that don’t involve having to follow ethical standards, respecting others, critical thinking, thinking in general, problem solving, people management or using common sense.

Avoid Crap Gemini

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% bench time - You can never work and get paid for it. It's easy to come up with a funnier, more accurate name for the company (see title).

Cons

Impossible to get on a project and gain valuable experience to grow/get promoted/ etc. We are a technology company and shockingly we have barely any work in Silicon Valley. We are losing out against our better, more successful competitors (Accenture, Deloitte, Ernst and Young. Attrition rate is extremely high, the company lost more people than it hired last year. Morale is very low and all recent hires are either planning on leaving or were just hired and have yet to realize that they should plan on leaving ASAP. Leadership is incompetent and most of the work we have is in far out and obscure areas of the country that quality consulting companies don't bother with. During company meetings, we are promised many improvements to address the countless concerns/problems and nothing is changed or improved. The company is extremely cheap, they don't provide adequate equipment (ancient laptops that never get refreshed), no money for social events even while making billions of euros in profits each year. Training is worthless to non-existent. And the list goes on and on...

Advice to Management

Start by firing yourself and have you replaced with those can actually find work among the hundreds of tech companies in the San Francisco Bay Area.

5. OK - Needs improvement

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great working environment - No hierarchy in work culture - Diverse environment

Cons

- Low on the salary side - Heavy on technology side

Advice to Management

- Increase salaries to be competitive

Showing 4 of 3,141 reviews