Capgemini Reviews

Reset
3.2
Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • work life balance was good but Indian CEO has ruined it last year (in 268 reviews)

• Flexible work culture in capgemini (in 213 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance depends on Manager (in 92 reviews)

• lt;utter worst senior management> (in 59 reviews)

1. Fair employer if you work hard

Current Employee - Service Introduction Manager in Telford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Introduction Manager in Telford, England (UK)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Supportive management, keen to train and up skill, reward structure recognises hard work. Market tested salaries that are actually in line with the marketplace

Cons

Pay grades are a mystery to most. Professional grades don't map to Technical grades so comparison is tricky between posts. Salary range per grade are also difficult to find.

Advice to Management

Simplify the pay grades! Keep on supporting staff.

2. Capgemini

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

variable is very less like 5% only so in hand is good

Cons

it give feeling like working for consultancy not for some multi national company No onsite at all

3. ....

Pros

good perks and friendly staff

Cons

lots of travelling and limited working flexibility for government projects

5. Capgemini... work hard and you can play hard...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary, work from home opportunity, autonomy, good oppoertunity to move from role to role, excellent training opportunities

Cons

Long hours, push very hard, do not take no for an answer when you physically cannot do anymore. High rewards, high expectations.

Advice to Management

Set expectations with your maangers that they need to listen out for signs of stress, even from their top performers.

6. Capgemini

Pros

Difficult to think of anything specific- standard contracts and benefits

Cons

Pay below market rate.Office locations are difficult

Advice to Management

Recognise and retain experienced staff- not just graduates! Obsession with ethics and values is regarded as window dressing and insulting, focus on pay and conditions to retain staff.

7. Nice Environment

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. As a beginner, i would suggest capgemini is a best company for learning.

Cons

Salary - Salary wise it is not so good

8. Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Capgemini (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional management. Lots of exciting new opportunities to work on. Decent on the job training

Cons

Lots of travel as a consultant. Salary is often less than industry average

9. They don't care about their employees

Former Employee - Manager in Inverness, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in Inverness, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I liked my colleagues and the people I worked with There are plenty of opportunities for internal progression

Cons

no loyalty to service centre staff, bad pay, terrible promotional pay process, they don't care about staff. I worked for Capgemini for 8 years, I worked my way up the ladder from Tier 1 analyst, Trainer, Incident Manager, Change Manager to Team Leader of my own service desk. I was a team leader for 4 years and gained vast experience and knowledge. I saw the company grow bigger over this time. I wanted to do some travelling before I was too tied down with a family in future and so asked for a sabbatical which I was refused. So I reluctantly left the company and travelled Australia. When I returned to the country a year later I was re-employed by Capgemini, however, I would soon find out that the values that the company claims to stand for do not actually ring true (I have detailed these below). Despite my previous knowledge and experience I was re-employed as a Tier 1 analyst and placed on a temporary agency contract. I was placed on a team with a Team Leader who continually asked me for advice on how to do her job and who did not provide me with any feedback on my work for an entire 6 months. When the 6 months came I was told I would be denied a Capgemini contract, despite exceeding in my job, because my adherence to the Totalview system (tells you when to take your breaks and is directly linked to codes you place in your phone) fell below the average. I was not aware that my adherence fell below this percentage as I was not given any feedback for the entire 6 months. Another 6 months went by without feedback and so by this time I had sat for a year on minimum wage on a temporary agency contract even though I had previously worked on a Capgemini contract for 7 years and although higher management was aware of me and my knowledge/experience and despite applying for promotional positions I was never promoted again. There are many many other things wrong with the way Capgemini treat their staff in Inverness which has recently seen 4 of my other previous colleagues with other 20 years experience (senior problem managers, Major Incident Managers) with Capgemini leave and pursue employment elsewhere. I would not recommend Capgemini as a good place to work to anyone. It has become a corrupt, uncaring, ignorant, disappointing place to work with no intention of changing The 'Values' that Capgemini stand behind are below. Honesty: Capgemini is not honest with their employees when they neglect to tell them that when you are accepted for a promoted position you have to wait 3 months as a probation period, you then have to wait up to 12 months for Capgemini to then decide whether or not they want to give you that pay rise and even if they do give you the pay rise it is not back dated!! They do this so that they can save money for their clients. Boldness: Capgemini is not scared to sacrifice it's employees trust and previous promises in order to please it's clients. Trust: Ask anyone that works for Capgemini in Inverness if they trust their employer and a large majority will say no and will all have very similar stories as to why. Freedom: There is no freedom in Capgemini, you either do what the company wants or they will replace you, everyone is expendable Solidarity/Team Spirit: This one I agree with, there is team spirit in Capgemini. People who are all in the same situation but find it hard to find work anywhere else in Inverness are working together, not because they have loyalty to the company they work for, but because they all know what it feels like to be working there. Modesty: Capgemini are not modest, they tell their employees that they cannot afford to give pay rises or promotional pay to their employees because of the economical climate and then they send out a mass email at the end of the year to thank everyone and go on to advice on how much profit they have made that year. Fun: It's ironic that their last value is fun, read all of the above and tell me if you think their employees are having fun?

Advice to Management

Too many improvements to be made to mention on here

10. Capgemini Software Engineer

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and relaxed work environment, opportunities to work with and learn various new technologies.

Cons

Relatively low pay, not enough external training opportunities to improve skill set, quite a lot of travelling may be required depending on the role.

11. Great People and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, interesting projects and good training

Cons

Feels like we are not focused on people anymore. S

Advice to Management

Listen to the temperature check surveys

Showing 219 of 3,111 reviews