Capgemini

3.1
2,367 Reviews

Capgemini CEO and Director Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin

Pros
  • Good work life balance as there is no strict timing of work or minimum work timings (in 268 reviews)

• very Good Work culture, highly professional & enthusiastic people at all level (in 213 reviews)

Cons
  • poor salary bump; work/life balance basically doesn't exist in Capgemini China (in 92 reviews)

• 9 1/2 hrs work is the stupid decision took by senior management (in 59 reviews)

More Highlights

539 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Limited opportunities

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Below average compensation, limited growth opportunity

Cons

Lack of women in leadership roles

Don't stay too long

Former Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Capgemini full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many open positions due to low organizational morale. As a result you may have the opportunity to work on the project of your choice.

Cons

Highly political organization. Not result or merit based. Due to poor group financial results, for the amount of work you put in you could get paid much better elsewhere.

Consultant

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Employee friendly and have spare time for other activities

Cons

Very few development projects and too many support projects

Overall a good experience, from a senior consultant point of view

I worked at Capgemini full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for CG:
    - great people experience - nice people, professional, dedicated to delivering above expectations, supporting each other, easy to communicate with, etc. Really liked the corporate culture in general.
    - attention to personal development - trainings were provided fairly regularly, there are events for employees to get together from across the globe for a joint training experience / networking and such
    - i was lucky to have a very caring and involved line manager, who was giving good feedback and general support
    - as it's such a large company there's a lot of internal knowledge and best practices accumulated

Cons

Salary adjustment from year to year is not particularly big.
    There are times when you have to work extended hours (well, to be expected in our line of business).
    Lack of HR support when i was moving to another country and was willing to continue working for CG (it has offices in the country i live in now as well).

Staff Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Great Company culture, encourages taking initiative

Cons

I havent found any thus far, difficult clients maybe.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good learning
    Work life balance
    Good leadership

Cons

Need to provide a career path for aspirational and deserving candidates

Nice with appropriate freedoms and trust in you.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

People matter. I really feel appreciated by my direct managers. Not so much by higher management. People in the teams are nice to work with and most of them try to help you if you have problems.

Big plus is the feeling that you do not need to be ruthless without a personal life to successfully work and advance.

Cons

Big company - big bureaucracy. Many different kinds of contracts in the same company (cause of their history) and the contracts get worse for the employee the newer they are. Very KPI driven from international headquarter.

Good if the customer account is growing

I worked at Capgemini

Pros

Fair Career growth
    Good experience if working with client

Cons

Skewed work-life balance
    Compensation is not good

People matter

I have been working at Capgemini

Pros

Capgemini considers its motto "People Matter. Results Count" as a true mission. Although results are vital to any business, Capgemini truly believes in investing in its own people to gain those results. Whether your career goals are upward mobility, educational growth, or salary, this company strives to deliver results to its own people and to its customers on an equally important basis.

Cons

As with any IT company, its easy to work extended hours compared to other fields. Obtaining a strong work-life balance can be a challenge. It's also rather difficult to procure personal hardware and software resources if you don't know how to navigate the red tape.

Continue focusing on people. Motivated and happy employees will deliver the business results you need.

Capgemini US LLC, Consultant

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have the wonderful opportunity to start my career with some of the most brightest, caring, and dedicated co-workers. Our motto, "People Matter, Results Count," truly emulates the culture here. People do come first, and no matter how high you get, for a large company the executive teams do a wonderful job in keeping work personal. The company also does a great job in terms of career growth

Cons

It's difficult to think of a complaint for my company in particular. The nature of consulting is true with long working hours; however, all three of my accounts I've had the fortune to have wonderful managers who recognize my work efforts, which makes the work worth while.

As we strive to grow in the Northwest, it would be beneficial to continue to aspire to our motto where people come first.