Capita

www.capita.co.uk

Capita Reviews in Glasgow, Scotland

Capita CEO Paul Pindar

Paul Pindar

Pros
  • good work/life balance, plenty of activities and Summer/Winter events organised(in 10 reviews)

• Not minimum wage, fairly easy to change working hours as long as the department has availability, and also has some decent people working there(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from senior management when dealing with operational staff(in 8 reviews)

• Sometimes acts like a new company rather than an established one and career progression is confusing(in 5 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

.NET NOVUS - helped me on the job ladder

Novus .NET Developer (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsExcellent traing course, great opportunities with world renowned companies. Its helping me make the decision about how I want to progress my career after my two years with Capita is over. I can join their consultancy or the organisation I'm working for, but I now have the confidence to try contracting too.

ConsMy first placement was in Scotland. I did miss home at first but everyone is really friendly and I'm glad I went.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going because its helping us grads out.

Nothing spectacular, it's never going to be your dream job

Technical Manager (Former Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsA successful and diverse organisation with opportunities to cross between industries.

ConsPoor recognition of hard work, very focussed on driving down costs, If you travel, it has to be budget and bus over taxi, which can be embarrassing! oss into difference industry sectors. Can be quite unprofessional environment, so not a terrific place to start your career. Employees are not encouraged to produce results, they are encouraged to drive down costs and extract as much chargeable work from clients as possible. Benefits are very mediocre - they'll work you hard but don't expect great pay rises or bonuses fin return. Uninspiring management, A few years with this company will not set your CV alight.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employs more, loosen up on cost.

Worked for Capita? Contribute to the Community!