Capita

Updated September 30, 2014
2.4

Capita CEO Paul Pindar
Paul Pindar

Pros
  • good work/life balance, plenty of activities and Summer/Winter events organised (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible working and excellent training (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from senior management when dealing with operational staff (in 13 reviews)

• Sometimes acts like a new company rather than an established one and career progression is confusing (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

.NET NOVUS - helped me on the job ladder

Current Employee - Novus .NET Developer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Novus .NET Developer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent traing course, great opportunities with world renowned companies. Its helping me make the decision about how I want to progress my career after my two years with Capita is over. I can join their consultancy or the organisation I'm working for, but I now have the confidence to try contracting too.

Cons

My first placement was in Scotland. I did miss home at first but everyone is really friendly and I'm glad I went.

Keep going because its helping us grads out.

A multibillion corporation acting worse than a start up company (I work in the Capita John Lewis Contract)

Current Employee - JLC Customer Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - JLC Customer Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Capita part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ground level staff are friendly and there is a culture of solidarity
    Reasonable Pay
    Good pension potentials
    Central locations of employment

Cons

Complete abuse of the 'flexible' working arrangement - some members of staff haven't had a single weekend off in months.
    Management is terrible - who trained these people? We were without stationary for almost a month!
    Team leaders are still in training while staff are already working without a point of contact
    No appreciation felt towards staff from management
    No clear structure of command
    Terrible and antiquated IT systems unfit for purpose and leading to added pressure on staff
    Too much reliance on computerized scheduling systems for holidays
    Deducting time from staff for a few minutes late, but expecting staff to arrive 20 minutes early just to log in to systems!
    Some staff act more like school children than professional employees
    Far too strict towards use of personal devices during very quiet periods of work where no tasks are assigned
    Treating staff as drones rather than living people
    Floor Walkers seem more concentrated on chatting than actually assisting staff
    No training outside of initial 3 week period
    No internal mailing system to inform employees of changes made

Go back to training before you dare question the actions of your staff! It doesn't matter if it's a new contract or not, this is year one business studies level requirements from you that are constantly failing.

Nothing spectacular, it's never going to be your dream job

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Capita

Pros

A successful and diverse organisation with opportunities to cross between industries.

Cons

Poor recognition of hard work, very focussed on driving down costs, If you travel, it has to be budget and bus over taxi, which can be embarrassing! oss into difference industry sectors. Can be quite unprofessional environment, so not a terrific place to start your career. Employees are not encouraged to produce results, they are encouraged to drive down costs and extract as much chargeable work from clients as possible. Benefits are very mediocre - they'll work you hard but don't expect great pay rises or bonuses fin return. Uninspiring management, A few years with this company will not set your CV alight.

Value your employs more, loosen up on cost.

Capita Photos