Capita Reviews in Glasgow, Scotland

2.4

Capita CEO Paul Pindar
Paul Pindar

Pros
  • good work/life balance, plenty of activities and Summer/Winter events organised (in 10 reviews)

• Not minimum wage, fairly easy to change working hours as long as the department has availability, and also has some decent people working there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from senior management when dealing with operational staff (in 8 reviews)

• Sometimes acts like a new company rather than an established one and career progression is confusing (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

.NET NOVUS - helped me on the job ladder

Current Employee - Novus .NET Developer  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Novus .NET Developer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent traing course, great opportunities with world renowned companies. Its helping me make the decision about how I want to progress my career after my two years with Capita is over. I can join their consultancy or the organisation I'm working for, but I now have the confidence to try contracting too.

Cons

My first placement was in Scotland. I did miss home at first but everyone is really friendly and I'm glad I went.

Keep going because its helping us grads out.

Nothing spectacular, it's never going to be your dream job

Former Employee - Technical Manager  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Capita

Pros

A successful and diverse organisation with opportunities to cross between industries.

Cons

Poor recognition of hard work, very focussed on driving down costs, If you travel, it has to be budget and bus over taxi, which can be embarrassing! oss into difference industry sectors. Can be quite unprofessional environment, so not a terrific place to start your career. Employees are not encouraged to produce results, they are encouraged to drive down costs and extract as much chargeable work from clients as possible. Benefits are very mediocre - they'll work you hard but don't expect great pay rises or bonuses fin return. Uninspiring management, A few years with this company will not set your CV alight.

Value your employs more, loosen up on cost.

Worked for Capita? Contribute to the Community!