Capita

Capita Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Capita CEO Paul Pindar

Paul Pindar

Pros:
  • "Whilst ITS has a lot of drawbacks it has some really good staff, an excellent working atmosphere, and a good work/life balance"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Flexible working and excellent training"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "No support from senior management when dealing with operational staff"
    in 8 reviews
  • "No long term career progression"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Horrific- will not leave me alone even now!

Call Handler (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosatmosphere. training... formality/ professional and sometimes helpful

Conssalary-
    after leaving in 2010- I was asked for an overpayment of salary to be paid back. I did not understand this and asked again for support. I was later ignored and felt it was a mistake by them.
    4 years later......... I receive letters from debt collectors! a separate body. I then go the CAB for support....the CAB wrote a letter requesting a breakdown of overpayment.....and the debt collectors have funny enough not received this? unfortunately they still have not responded. now when I don't receive letters- its BIG, I then get threats of having doorstep collectors arrive at my house and so on.
    does not sound very fair, especially writing this.

Advice to Senior Managementto accept responsibility of their mistakes. not involve unnecessary bodies as they may worsen a situation.

Regrettable Decision to join Capita

ProsThe only positive thing I can find to say about my experience with Capita, is that despite the reality of the situation they're a credible name to have on my CV

ConsThey continually trade on being a FTSE 100 business with so many thousand employees etc, however be aware, you are not joining a unified large company, with the corporate values of other large corporations. Instead you are joining one of many small businesses that have been acquired. Whilst Capita try to drive their central values into these businesses, the reality is that most do not adhere to them and are run by the previous owners who have no loyalty or adherence to the group. You do all of the Diversity, Harassment training etc that is common with corporations this days and all it ultimately serves, is to highlight the lack of adherence to all of these codes. I have been shouted at, sworn at, verbally abused, and when it was escalated it went nowhere and the level of sexism amongst several all male teams, is like going back in time. Poor work-life balance, poor work environment, lack of collaboration amongst divisions and poor moral amongst staff. Horrible, bullying culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, review your management training and ensure your acquired MD's go through this on an ongoing basis in order to bring them up to the corporate standard and not small business mentality.
    Live by your values don't just post them on a website and think that this is sufficient. Review and look into yor staff attrition rates and wake up to why.

'Crapita'- an understatement.

Administrative (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsImmediate team members supportive
    Work-life balance
    Central location of office
    Pay rise

ConsNo training- a "just get on and do it" attitude
    Weak management
    No team meetings
    Slow systems
    No career progression
    Client expectations not managed
    No support from management
    Cheapskate company
    Don't listen to employees' views
    Own internal departments are never willing to help
    No 1:1 or review

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that everyone can progress within the company.
    Organise for some members of the SMT to visit the offices and listen to employee views
    Invest in training
    Make decisions quicker and involve everybody affected
    Invest the time in staff- ensure everybody has a 1:1 and review
    Do things properly!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid Capita Software Services like the plague

Senior Analyst - IT (Former Employee)
    Newbury, England (UK)

ProsYou get paid on time.

ConsWhere do you start? You don't have a career, just a job and anyone stepping out of line is bullied and harassed. All the staff I speak to would leave given an opportunity and some staff end up leaving with no job to go to rather than continue to work in such a poisonous environment. If you are considering joining this wretched company please don't. The hours that some employees are tasked with must be illegal in that they are expected to work 7 days a week indefinitely.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign.

pay cuts

Sheffield, England (UK)

Proshandy for a 10 min walk in to work

Consapparently Capita do not have a policy of giving cost of living pay increases.
    Stay with them for 5 years and your loyalty will be rewarded with a real terms pay cut of 10%
    We've had a couple of years of "times are tough" pay freeze and job cuts. Now we've been told we'll never get a pay increase to take account of inflation (some people were "lucky" to get 1% this year) - many people are leaving and not being replaced.

Advice to Senior Managementtry paying us and replacing the people who have left.

Things went sharply downhill after the appointment of Darwin in 2009

Reconciliations Consultant (Former Employee)
    Salisbury, England (UK)

ProsNone. There is nothing to recommend this company to any prospective employee, as is borne out by the rapid recent turnover in staff.

ConsThe managers are all middle-aged women who have no idea how to manage people and are totally clueless about the actual work. I speak as someone with over 30 years' experience in some of the leading firms in the City of London.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay some respect to people who are older and wiser than yourselves.

Worst job i have ever had!

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee)
    Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

ProsNone! This company are interested in money.. No interest in employees or customers.

ConsIncompetent management, No support, Low morale among staff! Generally a horrible company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your jobs better or find people who know how to run a business!

Avoid

ProsThere are no pros for working for this organisation unless you have the same disregard for client care as shown by senior management.

ConsObsessed with finance over service, no regard for either clients or staff. Quality of the management is very poor with no leadership.

Pointless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUnambitious colleagues so that you can get ahead easily. Should easily work 9-5.

ConsVery difficult to get a good job after CH, so you might be there a while. Till the next round of redundancies at least.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point, so far away from a decent company it'll need wholesale changes

Steer well clear ...... Shoddy organisation

Nurse Assessor (Former Employee)
    Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsPre appointment they promise you the earth and make you feel valued ....That is where it ends!!

ConsPost appointment the communication ceases and when contract arrives salary reduces.
    Training is preformed by unqualified and rude people who cannot grasp the basic concept of teaching and make the simplest of tasks sound really difficult.
    Dictated to and not supported
    Lack of communication between departments.
    Recruitment repeatedly ask for information they already have.
    Do not value professionals registration and put them at risk
    Want your blood and sweat for minimum wage
    Move the goal posts
    Refuse to report back and inform you of an amendment made on a document you have signed without gaining your consent first.
    Believe their own crap and hype

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit whilst you are ahead

Worked for Capita? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capita reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capita CEO Paul Pindar . All 174 reviews posted anonymously by Capita employees.