Capita

Capita Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Capita CEO Paul Pindar

Paul Pindar

Pros
  • good work/life balance, plenty of activities and Summer/Winter events organised(in 10 reviews)

• Not minimum wage, fairly easy to change working hours as long as the department has availability, and also has some decent people working there(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from senior management when dealing with operational staff(in 8 reviews)

• Sometimes acts like a new company rather than an established one and career progression is confusing(in 5 reviews)

Graduate surveyor

Graduate Surveyor (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood working environment
    Easy going

ConsCan get boring at times

Advice to Senior Managementwork needs to be organized

A highly dynamic work structure.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe size of the organisation means there are plenty of opportunities to develop your career.

ConsPay is generally less than the market industry average.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that everybody has an equal chance.

Underpaid is an understatement.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOther staff on your level are good.

ConsQuick staff turnaround because of how we are treated. I'm working on one of Capitas big contracts in the UK but to say I'm overworked is an understatement. I get paid just over £15k and find myself at the point of walking out the office everyday. Lunch breaks are a thing of the past thanks to being given the workload of 4 people and getting no sympathy from a team leader. Training is no good as it in no way prepared us for the job in hand and team leaders got the same training as workers. Capita are extremely money focused so management will take on more work than their teams can handle as it will make them more money and they don't have to do the work.

I wake up each morning thinking of a way I can get myself dismissed so I don't have to pay the extortionate training fee for the training that didn't help me do my job. When you ask for help you get pointed to someone, then they will point you, then they will and so on.

My advice is unless you can speak to someone working at capita where you will be working, don't do it.

Did I mention that in my first month I get fined by bank and insurance because capita paid me 2 weeks late? Yeah...they lost my bank information.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort it out, think of your workers and you will probably make more money than just throwing 300% workload at them...no one should get paid £15k and feel like they are running a multinational empire which has come under fire from the media and is about to collapse.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok experience, slightly prepared me for university

Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsSmall office environment, training courses available.

ConsNo structure for training, left on your own,

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove graduate training

Think twice before you join

Senior Developer (Former Employee) Bedford, England (UK)

ProsNice friendly place to work in.

ConsVery less to learn new things. same old software using from long time.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide traning to the employees, reduce the cost of software for the customer.

Service Desk Analysis - be wary of every move you make

Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) Weybridge, England (UK)

ProsThe benefit of working at Capita for me was to learn what and how a call center agents handle our requests, complaints, enquire and advise. As I got to work for a big company like Capita, reasonable pay

ConsLack of training, no progression, no management support

Advice to Senior Managementprovide some training, progression and a little respect

Great for career opportunities - communication not great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newcastle, England (UK)

Pros- very good at investing in staff training wise - keen to see people progress
    - good work/life balance, plenty of activities and Summer/Winter events organised
    - senior management are very approachable
    - encouraged to give ideas on how to improve client relationships and business in general

Cons- long working hours and fairly stressful
    - communication between the top senior managers isn't great - can definitely be improved
    - not much feedback to staff on what goes on or is discussed (regarding work) between senior managers
    - salary not that great compared to other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with all staff and don't keep them in the dark with issues etc

Horrific- will not leave me alone even now!

Call Handler (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosatmosphere. training... formality/ professional and sometimes helpful

Conssalary-
    after leaving in 2010- I was asked for an overpayment of salary to be paid back. I did not understand this and asked again for support. I was later ignored and felt it was a mistake by them.
    4 years later......... I receive letters from debt collectors! a separate body. I then go the CAB for support....the CAB wrote a letter requesting a breakdown of overpayment.....and the debt collectors have funny enough not received this? unfortunately they still have not responded. now when I don't receive letters- its BIG, I then get threats of having doorstep collectors arrive at my house and so on.
    does not sound very fair, especially writing this.

Advice to Senior Managementto accept responsibility of their mistakes. not involve unnecessary bodies as they may worsen a situation.

Great to begin with with a shape fall

Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

ProsThe people on you level

ConsI Find it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Very clicky its not want you know its who.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Perks, Better wages.

Busy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally good group of people you work with, good pay and benefits

ConsNot much training was provided, only training i got was from a guy that was doing the same as me but had only been there for 4 months at most

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you offer training on an interview then actually provide the training.

Worked for Capita? Contribute to the Community!