Capital Bank

Capital Bank Reviews

Updated May 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Capital Bank President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Capital Bank B. Grant Yarber

B. Grant Yarber

Small Big Bank

ProsSmall enough that you know a lot of people from different branches

ConsUpper management believe this small bank is a BoA or Wells Fargo. Not enough focus on employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd incentives to employees. Nobody believes a $25 gift card put into a raffle to be won by one person out of hundreds is an incentive.

I'm a ROBOT, not an EMPLOYEE.

Teller (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsThe pay was satisfying for no banking experience. Staff and other co-workers were wonderful.

ConsNo incentive plan for opening accounts; only verbal recognition. SELL, SELL, SELL was the motto in this establishment. Stressful weekly huddle calls, team sell plans, and upper MICRO-management. Consumer Market Managers believed this bank was a Wells Fargo or Bank Of America. Required to make sales calls to people who wanted NO extra accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP treating your employees like robots. It's stressful to have to deal with life issues, then deal with the stress of workload. We're tellers, not telemarketers. Customers shouldn't have to be annoyed with calls from us everyday of the week because you all bought too many banks. Stop biting off more than you can chew & spending money on unnecessary things(flights, rental cars) update your systems. The computers were generic Windows computers(not even a Dell nor an HP). The banking system is so outdated & un-user friendly. FOCUS ON THE EMPLOYEE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND WELLBEING first.

Okay, but suffers from growing pains.

Banking Officer (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGood benefits, facilities, hours and work schedules.

ConsNew start up bank established by acquisition and mergers. Yet to solidify their own company identity and company culture. No one has an answer or can make a decision. More concerned in making money than customer service. A noticeable difference from prior management of 14 years.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An okay place to work.

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGood pay, decent benefits. Friendly work environment and in my position there is some flexibility to work from home.

ConsLong hours, management has trouble making decisions. Often in my department we need to make decisions about how to proceed with a problem rapidly and it is difficult to get an okay from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWithin IT upper management needs to either be willing to delegate decisions to middle management or just make the decisions so we can get on with our jobs. Also, when employees tell you that you have the wrong product for what you are doing for over a year, don't wait until an incident happens that proves what the employees have told you, change the product.

Accounting

Accounting (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat place to start working in accounting and finance. Very good environment and friendly people everyone is open to help.

ConsThe Executives do not care about employee motivation and sentiment. You can get overwhelmed or feel used

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care on your employees, try to keep their intrinsic motivation activated for a better development

Great hours, horrible co-workers, and when did a bank teller become a telemarketer?

Teller I (Current Employee)
    Smyrna, TN

ProsMonday-Friday and paid holidays. Off by 5:15-5:30 most everyday. The pay is nice. I've got some great customers that come straight to me, and ask about me when I'm not at my branch.

ConsHorrible upper management and a lazy co-worker. Required to make an insane amount of sales calls a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop requiring phone calls. Our customers are sick and tired of being harassed. I'm tired of being called a telemarketer.

great experience to learn how to be a bank teller in non-stressful environment

Bank Teller (Former Employee)
    Morristown, TN

Prossmall branch, get to see the regulars, and see business owners around the area.

Consdrive through busy in the evenings

Financial Accountant

Homestead, FL

ProsVery casual environment with little or no interaction, very quiet.

ConsWork got monotonous and uneventful

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employee training, and offer opportunities for growth through mentorship and workshops/conferences.

Not what it used to be

Raleigh, NC

ProsThe people that have been at this organization for many years are the good ones. These people are the best part. The technology has grown by leaps and bounds over the past year.

ConsNew Management has forced too many mergers and it has caused the organization to go too fast and caused problems. Working with folks in other locations from other mergers has been very difficult for all departments not just mine.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is slow down on the mergers, let the dust settle, let all the departments become what they should be then continue growing. There has been too much too fast, you are loosing good people.

Like working in the dark

Lender (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGood PTO policy with a bank of days to use
    Good team atmosphere- if you choose to make it that way
    The bank has money to lend

ConsManagement unwilling to communicate down the line
    No communication between Retail and Commercial
    Processes are very inefficient
    Lots of "fire drills" to complete NOW- often with no apparent benefit to the "cause"

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATE! Tell your employees what is going on in the bigger picture
    Provide a forum for peer recognition! We're not getting anything from you, maybe we could hear nice things from our coworkers when a job is done well
    Focus on inefficiencies and fix them! Its not difficult.

Worked for Capital Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capital Bank CEO B. Grant Yarber. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Capital Bank employees.