Capital Caring

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Malene Smith Davis

I obtained a great level of skills as an employee

Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) Largo, MD

ProsThe services provided are to meet the needs of patients

ConsLeadership lack of compassion toward employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to leadership to treat employees with compassion as the employees go above and beyond serving patents with love and compassion

Good organization

Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsMission, helping people at end of life.

ConsNonprofit pay and changing names. Brand and stay branded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with your staff regularly

Capital Caring

ProsGood IDT, wonderful patients, supportive team.

ConsWorking in a healthcare setting has it's downsides like billing issues.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable work place with people who really care about serving others

ProsFlexible, lots of training, collaborative

ConsIt was becoming very corporate and trying to make money rather than help people.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has changed since I was there.

Great Place for a Great Mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsIt's fulfilling to work for a place that has such a strong mission and strong standing in the local community. Colleagues are great and generally willing to help out when needed. I love the work flexibility and the department I work in.

ConsLots of office politics that I'd rather not be a part of, upper management makes a lot of changes that's confusing to everyone below them, most people feel under appreciated in their jobs. Several positions being eliminated or not filled, leaving additional work to be done by less people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees, explaining why decisions are being made.

They should change the name of this horrible company to "Capital Don't Care".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaycheck (most of the time)
    Benefits ok

ConsSenior management promotes and condones a hostile and harassing workplace environment, resulting in poor moral, very high turnover and poor retention. (One department experienced 200% turnover on one year due to incompetent management)
    Management is unqualified and inept (CEO has no experience at the C level anywhere, one VP was recently let go by another large company)
    Nepotism is the norm (Friends and family) regardless of experience and qualifications.
    Very poor leadership, focus is not on patients welfare, but rather on protecting friends jobs, and management high 6 figure incomes.
    Pay Rates for Nurses are intentionally far below the market level, while executes are overpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace incompetent and unqualified Senior management with professionals with actual proven health care experience.
    Stop condoning Harassment, its against the Law!
    Focus should be strategic, not micro managing.

Being part of an Organization that's committed to the wellness of others body, heart and soul is very rewarding.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFair benefit package, personal growth physically and emotionally is more rewarding to me then to work at a "for profit" organization and have more money in the bank.

ConsBecause Capital Hospice is a "non-profit" our salaries aren't as high as they would be if we worked for a "for profit" hospice.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen uper management says "my door is always open" they need to mean that. In most cases the door is open but the mind is closed. Listen to what your employee's have to say and actually hear us.

Worked for Capital Caring? Contribute to the Community!